Video: ‘Dancing’ Tucker receives last place among stars

posted at 11:37 pm on September 12, 2006 by Ian

(Special thanks to Mark Finkelstein at Newsbusters for letting Hot Air use his video of Tucker Carlson dancing.)

MSNBC host Tucker Carlson received last place despite his snappy fingers on tonight’s episode of “Dancing With the Stars”. Tucker laughed it up at the end of his routine, adding “I can’t believe I did that”. However, he didn’t have the last laugh.

Comments

I wouldn’t say that Tucker is “in-it-to-win-it”.

realVerse on September 13, 2006 at 1:08 AM

I love to watch Latin dancing competitions on PBS. A few years ago I took Argentine tango lessons, over 300 different steps…it is very, very hard.

I credit Tucker for the guts to get up from that chair. He’s really a good sport and the fun and publicity are probably worth more than winning. Plus he got to dance with that Russian girl.

Entelechy on September 13, 2006 at 1:16 AM

Poor Tucker. So cute, so … cute.

Best part of his segment? Before the dance at the end of the interview part:

“What do I want to achieve? Victory.

… Victory, and Latin dance.”

Adorable … he looks like my boy Nathan Fillion, and there’s just no dancing needed on top of that.

Anwyn on September 13, 2006 at 2:05 AM

… and for the sports fans out there, turns out Emmitt Smith is a great dancer. Running back==excellent footwork, I guess. :)

Anwyn on September 13, 2006 at 2:20 AM

Look on the bright side. Jerry Springer is in the bottom 3 too!

georgej on September 13, 2006 at 2:31 AM

Yeah, Emmitt Smith’s bit was awesome – great start for him.

When I saw Tucker, I just cringed. He was so stiff. He filled the stereotype of the straight white guy who has no rhythm. Simply, he sucked.

I don’t think his cuteness is going to save him – first off, for sure.

meep on September 13, 2006 at 5:26 AM

However, I agree with Entelechy: it took a lot of guts for him to strut his stuff, and was an awfully good sport.

meep on September 13, 2006 at 5:28 AM

Tucker was painful but not nearly as awful as Master P last year. His attitude was wonderful tho!
“Victory and Latin Dance” was really funny.
I admire anyone who gets up in front of the world and takes a chance out of their comfort zone. But I did get up and get another glass of wine during Jerry Springer. I just cant stand him.

labwrs on September 13, 2006 at 8:45 AM

Yeah, but I know I could smoke him at DDR.

Michelle on September 13, 2006 at 8:52 AM

seriously, what’s DDR?

Kid from Brooklyn on September 13, 2006 at 9:55 AM

Michelle, you’d smoke him ratingswise also, if you ever got accepted that kind of a gig.

Kid from Brooklyn on September 13, 2006 at 9:56 AM

Oh Tucker…..White boys really can’t dance.

Caught it on Imus this morning, really had to look away, sort of like torturing a bug.

honora on September 13, 2006 at 10:22 AM

DDR=Dance Dance Revolution, a dancing/rhythm video game.

Number 2 on September 13, 2006 at 10:24 AM

I guess I’ll have to start watching this.

pullingmyhairout on September 13, 2006 at 10:44 AM

I love that Dance Revolution game; they had one similar to it at a Dave and Buster’s I went to when I was still travelling. Of course, I think after I left that night the manager decided to install a defibrillator next to it…:)

austinnelly on September 13, 2006 at 10:48 AM

I took dance lessons as a teen and played Rugby for 10 years.

Does that qualify me for a waltz with Michelle?

I like to think so!

tormod on September 13, 2006 at 12:51 PM

Watched this last night and it was quite sad. I have to say though that like others I am glad Jerry Springer is in the bottom three as well. I would venture a guess though that Springer will wind up finishing pretty well in this whole thing based on his fan base. I would imagine old Tucker will be gone after tonight but not sure how many fans will be calling in on his behalf.
I love DDR as well. My kids have a mini kiddie version that they play a lot and just love it as well.
The only time I took dance lessons was before our wedding. We had been to a wedding of one of my friends a few months before ours and people at the tables were commenting how they looked like two pine trees swaying in the breeze. However, we didn’t keep it up after the wedding and now I wish we had.

Catie96706 on September 13, 2006 at 1:10 PM

Honora:

maybe where you come from “white boys can’t dance”, but where I was in California, they can not only dance, but they weren’t shy. Didn’t watch, never do, but I give Tucker 100% A for putting himself on the line. How many of us would do it?

sharinlite on September 13, 2006 at 1:31 PM

Honora:

sharinlite on September 13, 2006 at 1:31 PM

Would? Few.

Should? Fewer.

honora on September 13, 2006 at 3:09 PM

Among the casualties (of Air America folding), morning show host Jerry Springer – he better dance good now!

Entelechy on September 13, 2006 at 4:52 PM

*Jerry Springer* is/was a host for Air America?

Credibility, folks. Thanks, Entelechy.

That makes me want to call in for poor Tucker tonight, if I were going to be home for Dancing w/t Stars, but hell, maybe he’ll be glad not to have to come back to do it some more.

Anwyn on September 13, 2006 at 6:34 PM

Hey, I forgot you could vote on that magic interweb-tube thingy. No calls tonight … TiVo’d show says … Tucker’s gone.

Anwyn on September 14, 2006 at 3:06 AM