Report: Al Qaeda planning nuke attack for Ramadan

posted at 4:55 pm on September 12, 2006 by Allahpundit

Yeah, I know — “alarmism.” A couple of points:

1. Hamid Mir, the reporter with whom this story originated, is the only journalist to have interviewed Bin Laden after 9/11. Obviously, his sources would be in a position to know what the top ranks of AQ are thinking. He’s been consistent, too: I wrote a post in late May about an interview Mir had given in which he identified Al Qaeda’s nuclear ambitions and even the operative they’ve entrusted to mastermind the attack — Adnan al-Shukrijumah, who inspired a special national terror APB by the FBI back in 2002. Mir’s story is the same today as it was four months ago. The only difference is that now he’s got a target date for the attack. Ramadan, 2006.

2. Would AQ really leak news of a massive attack before it happened? See for yourself. It’s about 30 seconds in, right after the segment on Shanksville. I’d completely forgotten until I saw the footage again yesterday.

3. The Blotter has run not one but two stories about Shukrijumah in the past five days. The only “news” in both stories was that the FBI is looking for him but still hasn’t found him. From September 7th:

Shukrijumah is suspected to have had contacts with 9/ll hijack leader Mohammed Atta before leaving the United States shortly before the attacks…

Virtually every one of the FBI’s 56 field offices are involved in the hunt, according to Stuart McArthur, the assistant Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Miami field office, who heads up the bureau’s hunt for Shukrijumah.

And from yesterday:

A one-time Florida chemistry student has the FBI worried and working overtime

[A]s the clock ticks they fear he will help guide al Qaeda to another terrorist attack somewhere inside the United States. “He has a knowledge base of the U.S. that he can share with other al Qaeda operatives,” the FBI’s McArthur said.

Why would they run two stories when there’s no actual news to report?

The Blotter has good sources inside the intelligence community and likes to be ahead of the curve with terrorism scoops. Last month, they ran a piece on alleged UK terror plot mastermind Matiur Rehman the day before arrests were made and the plot was publicly revealed. Clearly they’d been tipped to the impending raids and wanted to get in on the ground floor of the story. The fact that they’re putting Shukrijumah’s name out there when there is, to all appearances, no new information about him makes me think their sources are very concerned about him right now, and Brian Ross and co. either don’t know why or they do know and are sitting on sensitive details while the feds try to break up the plot.

Keep your eye on this one. It’s still probably a false alarm, but I’d raise the worry meter from blue to yellow.

Update: Forgot to mention that Mir thinks the nuclear material/device is already in the U.S., and was smuggled in … from Mexico. Our friends in the undocumented community had better hope that’s not true, because if it is, not even Jorge Bush will be able to resist the political pressure in the aftermath to make the southern border airtight.

Update: Dan Riehl points me to this editorial from Investor’s Business Daily a few days ago:

Detainees have told investigators that al-Qaida leaders plan to use new cells of second-generation immigrant Muslims who have lived in the U.S. and can blend in and not attract as much suspicion. They’re being held in reserve for larger attacks.

One such Americanized operative, Adnan El-Shukrijumah, has reportedly been scouting potential targets in New York, Washington and Chicago. He’s on the FBI’s most wanted list.

Update: Dan’s found a report that Shukrijumah was spotted in Trinidad, Guyana, as recently as a week ago.

Comments

We know that they have stated this as a goal of theirs for quite some time, and they want the Arabic world to put them on a pedestal for taking down the Great Satan, so advertising it is not an unlikely move.

bbz123 on September 12, 2006 at 5:13 PM

Surely there is a PDB somewhere saying “Bin Laden Determined to Detonate Nuke On US Soil”. Clearly, this should have tipped off the government as to the exact location and procedures for this attack, so we have nothing to worry about.

DaveS on September 12, 2006 at 5:18 PM

Might be ‘just’ a dirty bomb attack that is planned. Not nearly as bad, but still pretty ugly.

If they do set off a nuke, the question is; what is our response? We make Tehran glow? Damascus? Beiruit? My personal choice would be selective operations to kill the Heads of States in these places, along with as many second-stringers as possible. Let the world know that it was either that or nuclear retaliation. They supported it; they pay the ultimate price.

This message should be delivered loud and clear now and that we won’t wait to determine the precise players; we’ll just go after all Islamofacsist supporters immediately.

Mike O on September 12, 2006 at 5:24 PM

I’ll remain cautiously optimistic…but…a quote comes to mind.

“Hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability.”

tickleddragon on September 12, 2006 at 5:34 PM

Like tickledragon says, it’s gonna happen.

But do I believe this? They’ve been threatening major action in the U.S. for years now. Plus Drudge had a headline the other day saying that it would likely go off in Israel.

see-dubya on September 12, 2006 at 5:44 PM

They have no compunction about not attacking during Ramadan..as a matter of fact, it seems to be one of the preferred times to do things.
Please. God. NO.

That’s an absolute certainty. The Muslim community honestly didnt suffer after 9/11, but I dont think another attack would result in the same kind of tolerance. I think a LOCK IT DOWN attitude would prevail and we will become “Fortress USA”.

labwrs on September 12, 2006 at 5:55 PM

And if this does happen, Speaker Pelosi is going to mourn for about eighteen seconds before she launches an impeachment hearing and tears the country apart.

Excuse me, I think I’ll head down to the canned-food-and-guns store.

see-dubya on September 12, 2006 at 6:05 PM

Ramadan begins on Sept 24th.
Yom Kippur is Oct 1st.

Yom Kippur also occurred during Ramadan in 1973. The Yom Kippur War is also known as the Ramadan War. The US support for Isreal during that conflict was vital to the Israeli victory. (If not for the US resupply, Israeli would have run out of bullets/shells.)

Is this a plan for payback?

Marvin on September 12, 2006 at 6:06 PM

Yeah, here’s Zawahiri saying it’s Israel, Jordan, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia that need to worry.

Not that we don’t.

see-dubya on September 12, 2006 at 6:26 PM

I dunno, this smells vaguely of the last “attacks are coming soon PANIC!” episode that we saw just recently. Not saying it couldn’t happen though.

If it happens, I wonder if Americans will finally snap and vote out all the incumbents who’ve decided to shelve the illegal immigration issue for now.

Benaiah on September 12, 2006 at 6:29 PM

The millennium bomber, Ahmed Ressam, was caught bringing Nitroglycerin into America. A high quality, stable, explosive is required for a dirty bomb and his target was LAX, which suggests to me the radioactive material is already in country. Later, prison stoolies exposed talk of further attacks on LAX so I think it’s still on at the first opportunity.

Sure… NY is a likely target… but LAX is Hollywood baby.

DANEgerus on September 12, 2006 at 6:32 PM

So we must keep a vigilant eye open from 09/23/ to 10/22/2006. Can we please start profiling people now?

I won’t go into my ILLEGAL Immigration rant again. I no longer need to. ;o)

DannoJyd on September 12, 2006 at 6:51 PM

Some supporting info from 2005 here:

Officials on both sides of the border have asked law enforcement officials, including Border Patrol agents and El Paso bridge inspectors, as well as the community at large to be on the lookout for El Shukrijumah…

Officials said El-Shukrijumah might be using immigrant-smuggling routes through Central America and Mexico to get to the border … Adnan El-Shukrijumah can pass for Hispanic.

This is also helpful.

John on September 12, 2006 at 7:01 PM

Every day el presidente jorge fights for an open border allowing Mexicans, terrorists and their weapons to enter the US at will.

If it ever turns out a nuke came across that border, the same border intentionally kept open by el presidente, I will enjoy seeing him dangle from a rope, after a very short trial. Giving aid to our enemies is still treason, despite the NYT, Wash Post, Durbin and all.

Can anyone tell me why on earth Bush fights everyday to keep the border for our enemies open in such dangerous times?

msplitt on September 12, 2006 at 7:03 PM

Geez, msplitt, hanging the President for treason sounds like a great idea! Not.

Moron. You’ll find no love for Bush’s border policy nor calls for his execution here.

Pablo on September 12, 2006 at 7:18 PM

Cool link John!

Ugh… the border…watch the numbers climb and wonder if any of those are this guy….

SF is another big target. From city workers getting paid with our tax dollars for sex changes to the huge and boisterous gay population to the outlawing of guns (making it easier to do clandestine activities) to the diversity and number of mosques and strip joints to the enormous population and density of population, it could be a likely target, too. I hope not though, I’ve got a lot of friends up there.

NTWR on September 12, 2006 at 7:30 PM

BTW there’s video of Shukrijumah linked here.

see-dubya on September 12, 2006 at 7:40 PM

Dane and NTWR:

They can’t attack LAX, NYC or San Francisco. Haven’t you heard? Those places are heavily Democratic and very left-leaning. They are impervious.

SailorDave on September 12, 2006 at 7:43 PM

The longterm reliability of “suitcase nukes.” I haven’t been able to find the article I read online some weeks ago, but it seemed to make a good case that if “suitcase nukes” really were produced by the USSR and then lost or stolen, they would no longer be usable for the production of a nuclear explosion, unless they were very well maintained. (I’m careful to state the matter this way, because I don’t know anything about their possible secondary usefulness as “dirty bombs,” devices intended to spread radioactive material without producing a nuclear explosion.) The issue in regard to maintenance is the rapid deterioration of the weapons-grade material that would be part of such a weapon. By hypothesis, such a bomb is small and lightweight; the small amount of weapons-grade material in it would rapidly deteriorate to the point that its small size and relatively high impurity would keep it from detonating.

The larger issue. Whether suitcase nukes are viable or not, the larger issue is that our rulers are fiddling while Rome burns. More accurately, they’re fiddling while the arsonists multiply, immigrate, plot, and prepare. If instead I were the one making war on “terror,” i.e. on Islam, muslims would be far too busy burying their own dead to think of attacking us.

Kralizec on September 12, 2006 at 7:52 PM

Kralizec, there was a piece by Richard Miniter in the WSJ a while back about how suitcase nukes are a myth. I think we’re looking for a fair-sized weapon that would come in on a ship or truck–or through a tunnel, of which there are many on both borders, and which we need to shut down.

see-dubya on September 12, 2006 at 8:05 PM

Miniter also thinks the open border poses no problem to national security. He wrote a whole, laughable chapter on that in his book. So taking him with a grain of salt ain’t a bad idea.

Bryan on September 12, 2006 at 8:20 PM

I’m having a wierd response to this… A part of me says bring it on, because then we will see how America will respond to a nuclear incident in our borders, I would hope our response would be “alright, you wanna play? Say hello to my little friend!” Then we would finally get serious, shut the borders, take out Damascus, Tehran, (insert favorite jihad supporter here)
The other side of is more obvious, I don’t wanna see death on that scale here. Period.

Sacwannabe on September 12, 2006 at 8:24 PM

Sacwannabe, I think it’s unwise to link your frustration with American’s seriousness on anti-terror with dead bodies. I’m not sure the instinct to reject effective anti-terror policies is an indication people don’t take the threat seriously. Rather it may be that they do, they don’t see how we can win any time soon, and they would rather sue for some kind of negotiated settlement. Whether they recognize this response as appeasement or not is also an open question. People believe and do stupid, irrational, and shortsighted things all the time. If the problem is cognitive dissonance mixed with anxiety I don’t think another major attack will help clarify things. It may just further obstruct the view. Especially if the first attack and/or subsequent attacks are currently held to be responses to “provocations”.

Plus, it’s just unseemly to hope more dead will steel our nerve. I don’t want people to go along because they don’t care what happens to all those crazy people “over there” anymore. Or because they’re so angry and scared they are willing to do anything. I want them in the fight to spread liberty as an antidote to tyranny. If they aren’t the world is headed for a whole lot of death in the next twenty years.

The Apologist on September 12, 2006 at 9:08 PM

Sacwannabe, you really need to preview before you smack that “Submit Comment” button, because that has got to be the creepiest comment I have read in a long time. Seriously. WTF?

I really hope that was just some brain-fart.

EFG on September 12, 2006 at 9:10 PM

If you’re referring to the apocalyptic August 22nd warning by Bernard Lewis and others, if we recall, AP ever so eloquently warned us off that Cassandra call cowchip.

AP ain’t a pant-wetter, so my ears are perked…

zb42 on September 12, 2006 at 9:40 PM

To the Apologist – I appreciate your feedback.
To EFG – Maybe you are right, I just had a real wierd reaction to the post. I dunno how creepy it was, just kinda thinkin out loud. I’ve been known to expunge gas from between the ears every now and again. :o)

Sacwannabe on September 12, 2006 at 9:43 PM

This has been the concern for the longest time. Ever since we didn’t turn up the WMDs in Iraq, I’ve condsidered the possibility that after they went to Syria they were passed to Al Qaeda who was working on sneaking them across the Mexican border. Pretty sad that a devastating attack is the only wake-up call good enough for Democrats, and really most Americans if you think about it. Like I said before, the feds aren’t doing their job, we have to. Profile, profile, profile yourselves. At your job, on the street, make profiling your own unspoken policy. Will it prevent everything? No (Columbine, OKC), but it can help greatly, especially when the main enemy is Islamic fascism. Look back at how the LAX Millenium thing was stopped… Everyone needs to have the mentallity of that border guard.

RightWinged on September 12, 2006 at 9:45 PM

Not to worry. Professor Juan Cole said yesterday the United States has no reason to fear a large-scale attack on U.S. soil, either with conventional weapons or weapons of mass destruction.

Let’s all go back to sleep now.

Terp Mole on September 12, 2006 at 10:02 PM

“Hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability.”

tickleddragon on September 12, 2006 at 5:34 PM

You bastard! I should have come up with that. The Matrix is the best. The whole series, no matter how many people trash talk Reloaded and Revolutions.

RightWinged on September 12, 2006 at 10:15 PM

Nothing wrong with being a bit of an “alarmist” AP. There are honorable precedents.

MarcH on September 12, 2006 at 11:39 PM

The US support for Isreal during that conflict was vital to….

OK, no disrespect intended here, but here is how to spell ISRAEL correctly, and why:

In the original Hebrew, one of the meanings of the name “Israel” is “he will rule as God”

The word for “God” in Hebrew is “EL”, hence the “el” at the end of “Israel.”

Therefore, in all cases, the name of the Nation and the People of Israel always ends in “EL”

I know Israel is pretty damn REAL, but “REAL” is not part of the name of Israel!!!

C’mon people, get it right.

speed647 on September 12, 2006 at 11:55 PM

RightWinged, sorry I swiped your thought…but I’m female, and know my daddy. ;o)

(Loved the first one, don’t recognize the sequels.)

And as to the quote, that’s a favorite word of mine, inevitability, and when I heard Hugo Weaving say it like that, it topped my quotes for life.

tickleddragon on September 13, 2006 at 12:14 AM

(Loved the first one, don’t recognize the sequels.)

You’re kidding me? I don’t get that. So many people only dug the first one. I think the trilogy makes it what it is, and the animatrix is amazing as well. Fills in a lot of gaps from the trilogy.

RightWinged on September 13, 2006 at 1:12 AM

RW, the Matix was great, ditto Reloaded and the animatrix.

But Revolutions? Eh, no. Can’t do it. Something went wrong there. It had lots of potential, but somehow went bad.

EFG on September 13, 2006 at 1:20 AM

“Profile, profile, profile yourselves. At your job, on the street, make profiling your own unspoken policy.”

Citizen Sky Marshals Would be an excellent start! Our government won’t do it, but there is nothing to stop it’s citizens from exercising common sense. Arrive to your flight early and observe the crowd. Be the last to board and watch everyone getting in the plane. If a couple of people do this per flight IT WILL HAVE AN EFFECT.

RE ALARMISM: Check out Spencer’s Jihad Watch Site. The call to islam is the first step. If another video comes out demanding the “Jizya” [the tax on non-Muslims specified in Qur’an 9:29] Then maybe soemthing is going on. Being paranoid does not mean that your enemies are not coming for you.

America1st on September 13, 2006 at 1:39 AM

Okay, I’ll kinda give you Revolutions…. I wouldn’t go as far as to say “bad”, but I was a little disappointed that it wasn’t as good as the others and think it could have been done better, but I think it is still a necessary part of the series to tell the whole story.

By the way, I’m sure you’ve probably seen it already, but this is a hilarious parody… specifically the Will Ferrell part. I believe it’s actually on the Reloaded DVD.

RightWinged on September 13, 2006 at 1:53 AM

Matrix=Good
Reloaded=steaming pile of crap
Revolutions=not as smelly pile of crap

The Wachowski brother and (now) sister should have just stopped with the first one.

I have yet to see the Animatrix, but I hear good things.

theholyhermit on September 13, 2006 at 4:16 AM

Well August 22nd came and went without Iran starting a WWIII.

I don’t know about this report; however, I would have thought (Perish the thought and God Forbid) that Beslan Russia would have been reproduced by now in the USA, maybe in Arizona…

But like on 9-11, maybe my thought is already outdated and I’m part of the 99.9% of Americans that can’t possibly imagine what’s to come.

I say close the border like Israel has done.

After we get hit with a Dirty bomb or a solid Nuke – Then and only then will Ann Coulter’s words be remember – “We should Nuke them”.

She has/had a point. I’m no one; however, since 9-11 I’ve had the thought that Bin Ladin has been hiding in Iran.

How they both hate Israel and the USA.

I hope Israel is helping us in these terror matters; they and possibly all the Palestinians/Israeli-Arabs would be dead handily – if we, the USA, are brought to one (1) knee.

ar_basin on September 13, 2006 at 5:55 AM

Thanks for the video RW.

If you like that Will Ferrel, you’ll love the Cowbell.

Cowbell Explained.

Cowbell video.

This is the ultimate Will Ferrell moment. The one which will cement his SNL legacy and live through Comedy Central reruns for years to come. And the ironic thing is, he doesn’t even have that many lines. Will is so funny with his phrases and voice inflections and singing, but I chose his #1 moment from a sketch where he mostly just dances and bangs a cowbell. Of course, he also manages to crack up every other performer in the sketch, including himself. When you combine a popular 70′s song, the quirky Christopher Walken, a dancing Will Ferrell, and a cowbell, you get a masterpiece.

EFG on September 13, 2006 at 9:08 AM

RW, the best way for me to describe WHY I don’t recognize the sequels is this. The First, was like a sniper shot, personal, to the point and focused. The Second and Third were like shotgun blasts…far afield, too dense and far from personal.

The First was all about Neo, his journey…his reactions. The Second and third were about the WORLD. Sloppy, clumsy and too dense to be clean. It’s like they threw in EVERYTHING they could think of that existed in this world.

I own all three, don’t get me wrong…but will probably never watch 2 or 3 again.

And one last point: when watching that sequence about the big celebration, my reaction was, “if THIS is what humans are all about, they aren’t worth saving.”

Btw, RW…If you think I’ve over-analyzed, chalk it up to a degree in Film…and a stint as a movie-reviewer. But as a movie buff, I think the fact that I saw THE MATRIX 6 times in the theater (and the other 2 only once) speaks for itself.

tickleddragon on September 13, 2006 at 9:38 AM

…I’m pretty sure that Allah will soon be checking back in to tell us to stick to the topic. ;o)

tickleddragon on September 13, 2006 at 9:40 AM

I had a lengthy response that I submitted a few minutes ago, RW…hopefully it will show up soon.

tickleddragon on September 13, 2006 at 9:42 AM

Thank you for posting invaluable information. I see one trend: multiple targets. Multiple planes, multiple trains. I have to update my grab and go bag of papers and survival items. AtM’s could fail. 911 showed it is good to have cell phones from multiple providers.

Meanwhile here in Dearbornistan, I can only watch public behaviour trends as an outsider.

The week of 911 I saw excitement and smiles on faces of young middle eastern men. Now, during any terror attack, the women in robes disappear. They disappeared during the Immigration boycott too. The last few months there has been a sudden radicalization, women changing from colorful head coverings, to radical full face cloths. By last month, some little girls are dressing in long robes. I even saw twice little girls with faces covered.

But I am noticing a change, from careful quiet faces, to hostile glances. They seem to all get the message at the same time. So I am not happy what I am seeing based on what you are saying. I dread Ramadan because it seems to bring out the worst.

Someone I know has a work relationship with a young shiite immigrant who at laughed at al Sadr. Then he said al Sadr isn’t so bad when you listen to him. al Sadr has become the Al Sharpton of Iraq. Next Nasrallah is a ‘great speaker’.

A friend heard two mid eastern store owners discussing how great Nasrallah was. My friend told them he hated Nasrallah. They asked why. He said, because Nasrallah leads chants of Death to America, and America is my country, so they want to kill me. These ‘immigrants’ went stone face.

We need to do more than lock down the border. We need to lock down immigration.

entagor on September 13, 2006 at 10:37 AM

I am hoping that (if) this is true, that our boys in blue find the bomb before it detonates.
three reasons:
1) Not another American should ever die to these terrorist bastards.
2) It will help prove that the homeland defense policies (NSA wiretaps, tracking the money etc) are working.
3) Bush may finaly be forced to face the reality of his open borders policy and close them down. Allow controlled legal immigration only, no more “walk across the border amnesty”

If this is true and a bomb goes off then the democrats will use it to destroy the conservatives and to seize power. This will be worse then all the Americans that are killed by the initial explosion only because the democrats will usher in more death and destruction with their inane policies.

Wyrd on September 13, 2006 at 11:19 AM

I just thought that since there might be jihadi trolls lurking around here from time to time, I would just post the following from Wikipedia:

Ohio class ballistic missile submarine (SSBN)

The United States has 18 Ohio class submarines:
* 14 nuclear-powered SSBNs, each armed with 24 Trident II SLBMs; they are also known as “Trident” submarines, and provide the sea-based leg of the nuclear triad of the United States strategic deterrent forces;
* 4 nuclear-powered SSGNs, each armed with 154 Tomahawk cruise missiles with conventional warheads.

The 14 Trident II SSBNs together carry around fifty percent of the total U.S. strategic warhead inventory. The exact number varies in an unpredictable and highly classified manner, below a maximum set by various strategic arms limitation treaties. Although the missiles have no pre-set targets when the submarine goes on patrol, the platform, when required, is capable of rapid targeting using secure and constant at-sea communications links.

“STEALTH… AGILITY… FIREPOWER… ENDURANCE”

MikeHu on September 13, 2006 at 1:27 PM

OK, so answer me this!

Take this senario:

1. We have an airtight border with Mexico, complete with Israeli type security fence, armed checkpoints, etc…

2. A homeland security official quietly orders a small section of the fence and checkpoints left unnattended so that a group of Mexicans may cross into the US. This official knows full well al-qaeda has been looking for an opening in the fence and may attempt to enter if the section of fence is left unsecured.

3. An al-qaeda operative does indeed enter with a dirty bomb, a briefcase with conventional explosives and some nuclear waste. He detonates the bomb in Houston, killing 75 Americans and contaminating 100 more.

Q: What crime does the homeland security official get charged with? Is it treason?

msplitt on September 13, 2006 at 7:44 PM

And the next obvious question;

Isn’t this what George Bush does every day? It is a fact that last night George Bush allowed 100s if not 1000s of illegal aliens, sex offenders, and criminals of all types from all parts of the world snuck to sneak into the US.

msplitt on September 13, 2006 at 7:50 PM

msplitt, here is a scenario. FBI agents hear of a legal alien in pilot school who doesn’t want to learn to take off, or land a plane. THey request approval to check the hard drive of his PC. Request is denied.

What crime is charged against those in the chain of command who nixed the search?

Answer: no action taken against the officials and/or judges who endangered the American public

entagor on September 13, 2006 at 8:14 PM

MikeHu,

I can second your statistics. A Trident submarine, when fully configured with all its MIRVs has sufficient warheads to cover approximately 33% of the continent of Asia with nuclear explosions. Although, today, they are not fitted with their maximum number of warheads, in approximately two weeks, the alert force could be. The Commanding Officer of a Trident submarine has probably more destructive firepower at his fingertips than any other supervisor in the world. One Trident under such circumstances would be sufficient to completely obliterate every Muslim country in the Middle East and Asian subcontinent (except maybe Indonesia which is pretty spread out — but a couple more missiles from a second Trident would be able to handle that as well. I do not have full facts at my fingertips, but this is consistent from the time I was a supervisor of these ships.

Their ability to launch on command and rain total destruction on an enemy from most anywhere in the world in 30 minutes is the primary reason the Soviet Union was deterred. Unless Muslim countries suddenly developed advanced state of the art nuclear submarines to find these Tridents, (a process which took forty years for the Soviets to field credible sub hunting SSNs, which still couldn’t find Tridents) a swift and terrible retribution can be released on EVERY Muslim country in the world.

I would agree with Mike O who says we need to advertise this possible nuclear response, and do it now. Nothing else will deter the Islamofascists. I don’t wish for it ever to happen. But I didn’t wish for the Mutual Assured Destruction option of a massive retaliatory nuclear strike on the Soviet Union for 40 years either. I was just ready to execute when so ordered. And that readiness among all the other weapons systems the American intellectual and defense establishment provided is what caused the collapse of the Communist behemoth that spent 15% of its GDP annually on just military procurement and training in an effort to achieve parity with us.

Don’t think America couldn’t end this war in an instant. Don’t think that any American wants it that way. But don’t you ever assume we can’t win it, just as we planned to “win” the war against Soviet Russia. If forced, especially by a nuclear explosion in America, the Islamic world would be dead, dead, dead at the flip of a switch.

Better get onboard now folks. Pushed to the point of our existence, America is not a paper tiger.

Subsunk