9/11, nutroots style: Olbermann to call for Bush’s impeachment Update: Video link added

posted at 4:48 pm on September 11, 2006 by Allahpundit

Johnny Dollar, principal author of the world’s greatest watchblog, sent me a heads up a few hours ago that Olby will have yet another “special comment” tonight. No foolin’? What are the odds that he’d have a hysterical anti-Bush rant for the nutroots to pleasure themselves to on the day his new book comes out?

There’s a sneak preview on Olby’s “blog.” Number 1 on Amazon or bust, baby!

They promised protection, and then showed that to them “protection” meant going to war against a despot whose hand they had once shaken, a despot who we now learn from our own Senate Intelligence Committee hated Al-Qaeda as much as we did.

The polite phrase for how so many of us were duped into supporting a war, on the false premise that it had ‘something to do’ with 9/11, is “lying by implication.”

The impolite phrase is: impeachable offense.

James Joyner and Bob Owens round up the filthy, filthy nutroots reaction to today’s anniversary. Joyner claims he’s surprised by the tone, which must be an exceedingly dry bit of sarcasm. If you really are surprised, JJ, I assure you — you’re the only one who is. On the other hand, today above all days is an occasion to remember the enemy. Aren’t they doing that?

The CNN 9/11 compilation is coming soon. Apologies for dragging my feet, but I’m under the weather and it’s still hard to watch the footage. One thing I’d forgotten but remembered while editing is how much camaraderie I felt with other Americans that day, including the left. It’s the one genuinely warm memory of the attack that I have. Never again.

Update: Kos hides the evidence. Greg Tinti thoughtfully retrieves it.

Update: Newsbusters has video of Olby’s “special comment.” Part of it, anyway; it ran nine rod-rubbin’ minutes, if you can believe it. He delivered it at Ground Zero, too. Because he’s that much of a patriot.

Johnny Dollar’s posted his recap. Go see how Olberstain spun MSNBC’s poll numbers about whether Americans feel safer today.

Comments

Maybe he’ll tell the President to kill himself.

I guess Olberdunce wants to go out in a blaze of ignominy.

JammieWearingFool on September 11, 2006 at 4:57 PM

What I find quite interesting (and James Joyner pointed this out), is that, to the liberals, 9/11 is all about Bush. I don’t see most conservatives writing about today even mentioning him.

What happens when they don’t Bush to kick around anymore?

frankj on September 11, 2006 at 4:58 PM

What a surprise. Not.

Ian on September 11, 2006 at 5:02 PM

What if Keith Uuberman called for impeachment and no one was watching his show?

Would he still be a shill for the terrorists?

Labamigo on September 11, 2006 at 5:03 PM

What happens when they don’t Bush to kick around anymore?

Probably some breakage in the space-time continuum causing the spontaneous implosion of BDSers by the thousands.

Hoodlumman on September 11, 2006 at 5:03 PM

Check this out. This tells you how the Dems really see 9/11, a chance to throw barbs….. Olby is on the playbook it seems.

dallas94 on September 11, 2006 at 5:04 PM

dallas94 on September 11, 2006 at 5:10 PM

Isn’t this the same guy who complains about Bush politicizing 9/11. Oh, the irony.

Ian on September 11, 2006 at 5:16 PM

Who gives a rat’s backside what the doltish moron Olbermann has to say. The jerk typifies the moonbat left.

rplat on September 11, 2006 at 5:21 PM

Didn’t this guy used to be on a network that people watched sometimes?

thirteen28 on September 11, 2006 at 5:26 PM

Didn’t this guy used to be on a network that people watched sometimes?

Yes, thirteen28…I believe it was called “ESPN”.

Jack M. on September 11, 2006 at 5:29 PM

Yeah … it’s coming back to me now … I vaguely remember some pointy-headed twit saying that Cal Ripken should sit out a game so as to not break Lou Gehrig’s record of most consecutive games played … yeah, I think this otherwise unmemorable loser might just be the same guy.

thirteen28 on September 11, 2006 at 5:42 PM

Nice thing to say on 9/11 Keith.

RobCon on September 11, 2006 at 6:08 PM

Olby , the fool without a brain, cant call for a pizza on his credentials, let alone anything more substantial.
His mother probably doesnt watch him.

I cant read the libs today, just cant. I’m still so frickin pissed off that those two buildings are gone, that my son will never see New York from the top of them, and that doesnt even begin to touch the human loss factor.
Why do the Libs and the terrorists seem to be so much in unison lately? Cant the Left even get a hint from the fact they sound more like Bin-Hidin than Americans?

shooter on September 11, 2006 at 6:26 PM

I didn’t realize that they exist as they do now, and I’m not sure if they did. If so, it just never made my radar screen in any significant way. 9/11 converted people in a couple of directions. Some became hawks, some became moonbats. Some scary people were waiting for the moonbats. It was another cold slap in the face to realize that there are completely insane Americans literally working against us while we’re at war. Now they’re on cable.

But on the bright side, it’s only MSNBC.

Pablo on September 11, 2006 at 6:30 PM

Clueless. Totally clueless.

DannoJyd on September 11, 2006 at 6:32 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people actually watch this clown?

Catie96706 on September 11, 2006 at 6:39 PM

Olbermann’s show, Olbermann’s opinions, Olbermann’s book, Olbermann’s ratings, Olbermann’s nightly hatred of Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rummy and America in general.

Irrelevant doofus on Mickey Mouse network.

Who gives a sh*t?

fogw on September 11, 2006 at 6:43 PM

So this means we get President Cheney!?

Sweet!!

Rosetta on September 11, 2006 at 6:44 PM

only liberals support & are loyal to Al-Qaeda

Starblazer on September 11, 2006 at 7:04 PM

I saw that image for Kos’s open threat this morning when I wrote my own commentary. At least Kos has consistency: it does matter what day it is or what’s happening; he’ll always be a little turd.

frankj on September 11, 2006 at 7:30 PM

I wish I had that memory. I was a graduate student on September 11. I was with a group of about a dozen people from the history department, watching the coverage.

As the images flashed across the screen, one of the professors said:

“I wonder if the president is crying to his daddy?”

I wanted to punch the SOB. To the left, it’s all about Bush. They hate him completely, and not even the death of their fellow citizens can prevent some of them from indulging it.

Slublog on September 11, 2006 at 8:21 PM

Holy shit, I just had to turn off the TV. I had turned on Olbermann to check out his rant. I was so disgusted I couldn’t watch it anymore. He is truly a despicable human being.

msplitt on September 11, 2006 at 8:59 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people actually watch this clown?

More people saw his Boston Market commercial.

Jim Treacher on September 11, 2006 at 11:15 PM

Olbermann needs professional help. I wonder if his heath insurance from MSNBC will cover it.

GT on September 12, 2006 at 7:07 AM

Actually, Keith Olberman is the epitome of the kind of creep that we want espousing the Liberal mantra for Impeachment.

This dipstick is so reviled that he was the only former anchor not invited back for ESPN’s 25th Anniversary week long special.

Only the lost cause Kool-Aid drinking losers are tuning in to listen to this jerk off’s mindless takes.

there it is on September 12, 2006 at 10:06 AM

I’m calling for Keith Uuberman’s Cancellation!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on September 12, 2006 at 3:22 PM

When Liberals love their children more than they hate Bush, we’ll be united against the enemies of civilization.

Freely borrowing from Golda Meir.

the-gunslinger on September 12, 2006 at 5:49 PM