Video: “Path to 9/11” Update: Side-by-side comparison (Bumped)

posted at 10:41 pm on September 10, 2006 by Allahpundit

Disclaimermania!

I’ll post the controversial scene here later if/when it airs as well as anything goofy from the very special impromptu “Nightline” they’ve cobbled together for 10:30. In the meantime, consider this an open thread for “Path to 9/11,” how much you hate the nutroots, or whatever else is on your mind this anniversary eve. Highlights of the new AQ video will be posted in the other thread within the hour.

Here’s a quote to get the ball rolling: “Berger, Freeh later thought, was not a national-security adviser; he was a public-relations hack, interested in how something would play in the press.”

Update: Edited vs. unedited. They chopped quite a bit, but you still get the gist.

Update: Johnny Dollar has audio of Michael Scheuer and Ken Timmerman dismantling Clinton. Scheuer says whatever you may think about the drama component of this docudrama, the “docu” part is dead on. Timmerman lays the blame not at Clinton’s feet, but at someone else’s. And I don’t mean George Tenet.

Update: Ms. Underestimated has video of the fingerpointing on Nightline.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Nah … I think that point’s been made.

Seeing as how Allah’s breaking up our party, I’m jumping to the new thread.

yo on September 11, 2006 at 8:57 PM

Uh oh AllahP..are we doing something wrong? Sorry :(

labwrs on September 11, 2006 at 8:57 PM

YO..Yo..I guess we are “movin’ on up”..*lol* see you in the new neighborhood!

labwrs on September 11, 2006 at 9:00 PM

Just finished watching part II. Blood Pressure: Up. Pulse: Rapid. The bureaucrats alone are enough to turn my stomach. I came out of the bureaucracy. It is real.

Here is a useful (open source) timeline for 911. Should add a few more points to the BP.

entagor on September 11, 2006 at 10:50 PM

Why is it that all of the women in the American government are hot?

(disclaimer: Albright isn’t a woman)

yo on September 11, 2006 at 8:14 PM

How nice to see such self restraint. And so clever.

honora on September 12, 2006 at 11:12 AM

Well the simple minded lib was based on what you said. “Liberal troll” was basically a question, and “get it or lying” was an obvious observation.

But I think we’re pretty much done because you refuse to do much more than spit out liberal talking points and ignore specific points raised to you. You are what is called a liberal troll. You dispatch to come take the discussion away from the issue and just send it on an infinite number of tangents. We’ve dealt with your kind before, at least I have, so I’ll let the other folks have fun with you if they’d like. But I’ll warn you guys, it’s a total waste of time with this breed. You can’t turn honora in to honesta no matter how hard you try.

RightWinged on September 11, 2006 at 4:53 PM

..bock, bock, bock…

honora on September 12, 2006 at 11:26 AM

As usual Entelechy, well stated.

Reagan never should have sent our boys into Beirut. Still waiting for any lib to admit Clinton lacked the political will to pull the trigger on terrorism.

I’m with you & Lombardi on this one. Winning is everything.

fogw on September 11, 2006 at 5:24 PM

I freely admit Clinton did not do at all in terms of fighting terror–think 9/11 makes that self evident. I think, like RR and both Bushes, he suffered from a failure of imagination–like the rest of the country. To say he lacked the political will, or that he didn’t lack it, gets into the realm of mind-reading. What gets my goat is the notion that Clinton is all evil and Bush all goodness and light–it’s just insanity.

The few I know who watched the Path say it just wasn’t very good–not in terms of accuracy/inaccuracy–but that as a movie, as art so to speak, it was pretty mediocre. Oh well, tempest in a teapot.

honora on September 12, 2006 at 11:35 AM

should be above “…Did not do at all well in terms…”

honora on September 12, 2006 at 11:36 AM

honora on September 12, 2006 at 11:35 AM

honora, I agree with you – there are no saints on Earth and the job of every President, each being human first, is incredibly difficult. I’m sure they each do the best they can, with the times they serve in. I’m told by people close to these things that each of them turns a bit grayer the moment they take over from the previous one.

I actually wish both sides would cut each some slack. It’s not meant to be and, alas, historically never was, due to the raw game of winning, which politics is.

Entelechy on September 12, 2006 at 3:27 PM