Root causes: 9/11 hijackers vow on video to avenge … Bosnia

posted at 2:39 pm on September 8, 2006 by Allahpundit

Bosnia. Where the U.S. intervened, for entirely altruistic reasons, to stop the wholesale slaughter of Muslims.

You’re welcome.

We did a Vent not long ago about how the jihadis will always have some pretextual grievance to justify their fanaticism. If your moral ledger extends back to the Crusades, the scales can’t ever really be balanced — which of course is precisely the point. But even I never thought they’d start moving items from the credit column into the debit one. If we abandoned Israel tomorrow, how long would it be before Islamist savages were flying airplanes into the White House because we abandoned Israel?

Here’s your photo of the day. Can you guess what it is?

antenna.jpg

Answer here.

There is some good news, however. As SLC says, “He must have been getting close to the Troooooooth!”

Now, if you’ll permit me a moment of shameless google-bombing: Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change. Loose Change.

Play along on your site, too!

Comments

That’s gratitude for ya.

Kini on September 8, 2006 at 2:52 PM

Ya,

I caught that earlier.

Admittedly, it shocked me. To me, the whole Bosnia thing was ridicules. At the time, I thought why fight against your WW2 allies for the Muslims? But not in my wildest dreams did I ever think the Muslims err Asians would hold our support against us.

Your welcome indeed.

Rustyw on September 8, 2006 at 2:54 PM

Marvelously expressed.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 8, 2006 at 2:55 PM

A few years ago I saw a small, oh 20’ x 15’, display of WTC debris – bent girders, building skin, glass, paper, etc – at 30th Street Station in Philly.

No interpretation, no explanation…No words…just debris, and it brought tears to my eyes and to the eyes of everyone else who saw it. Yet, no one could turn away!!!

So, I can’t imagine a whole museum, and I didn’t know anyone who was even in NYC at the time, much less who died there and it really hit me.

However, after seeing this little display, I can now appreciate, on a whole new level, the National Holocaust Museum in DC.

Wake up people! PLEASE WAKE UP!!!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on September 8, 2006 at 3:06 PM

Soooooo … it really is all Clinton’s fault.

darwin on September 8, 2006 at 3:16 PM

This just in: The antenna in that photo has been dusted for prints, and come back with Matches for Rove & Cheney.

RightWinged on September 8, 2006 at 3:17 PM

There once appeared, written in urine, a note in the snow in front of the DNC which said, “fill in you own words here.”

Causing a great stir in the MSM, the entire site was subjected to forensic analysis. When the results were finally revealed by the DNC it was clear to all concerned that the urine belonged to Rove, but the note itself was in Cheney’s handwriting!

Have a great weekend all!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on September 8, 2006 at 3:46 PM

So their philosophy is “better to die than be saved by a non-Muslim.” I think we’re seeing that same analogy in Iraq.

moonsbreath on September 8, 2006 at 3:58 PM

Huh! on Bosnia? Insanity finally explained! I used to rant for the longest time how ineffective the Europeans were, and only big-mouthed, for not taking care of such a problem in their very own back yard. I supported Mr. Clinton fully, knowing that he didn’t get the Congress’ blessing first.

Now this? Cretins stuck in the 3rd century! Not much hope!

On the professor of physics, of all subjects – would be one thing if he’d teach ficticious political science or social sciances of some sort, but physics? Very scary. Good for BYU. Took too long but still…

Entelechy on September 8, 2006 at 4:00 PM

So maybe France is being so ornery because they are pissed about WWII? Makes about as much sense as anything else, I guess.

B Moe on September 8, 2006 at 4:02 PM

SOMEONE ate their Wheaties this morning! *LOL*
I met a Serb and his wife in Paris. They became good friends of mine and were always asking me WHY the USA bombed them? Didnt we know what the Muslims were up to? Didnt we know about their brutality and their ideology? *sigh* I guess we found out 5 years ago..we DID know 27 years ago but we had a feckless coward as a president!

labwrs on September 8, 2006 at 4:07 PM

They aren’t Muslims you in-sensitive people, they are Asians.

Rustyw on September 8, 2006 at 4:38 PM

Remember that professor who said we needed a thousand Mogadishus to get the American empire to give up? Even the Somalia intervention is seen by the West’s enemies as malign influence.

Alex K on September 8, 2006 at 5:33 PM

We’re still there you know.

Catie96706 on September 8, 2006 at 7:00 PM

It wasn’t just Bosnia. They blame the US for the mess that is Chechnya. Sorry, but you’ve got to take up your current complaint with Vladamir Putin, who will be sure to return your phone calls immediately (right after tracing your call back to the source and sending in a Spetsnaz team to deal with you directly).

At least BYU knew that they had a problem on their hands with Professor Jones. There are other members of that so called group of academics who are proffering their crank theories on college campuses. Jones got picked out because he happened to be the most visible member.

lawhawk on September 8, 2006 at 9:39 PM

What the 9/11 terror yielded, for our enemy.

C.S. Lewis once noted, “God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”
In our grief and by our rise to action, America has made loud one truth to the world: our desire to live free is unwavering.
To those in uniform serving and sacrificing so that we may continue to live free, you have our unwavering support and our eternal gratitude. May God bless you and your families, and may God continue to bless our wonderful country.

Donald Rumsfeld is U.S. Secretary of Defense.

And, a view from the man who ‘reported for duty’ and ‘went to Vietnam’…

Lastly, we must restore our moral authority by deploying the full arsenal of our national power with smarter diplomacy, stronger alliances, more effective international institutions – and fidelity to our values.

…especially our Freedom of Speech!

Entelechy on September 9, 2006 at 6:22 PM