Breaking: Degenerate traitor Adam Gadahn indicted for terrorism

posted at 2:08 pm on September 7, 2006 by Allahpundit

Another scoop for the Blotter:

ABC News has confirmed that Adam Gadahn, the American who converted to Islam and joined al Qaeda, has been charged in a sealed indictment with providing material support to terrorism.

Formal announcement could come this week.

Here’s the federal statute criminalizing material support for terrorism. Maximum penalties: 15 years if your actions don’t lead to anyone’s death.

Life sentence if they do.

I’ve got a better idea, with a more appropriate penalty. You need two witnesses to convict, but Bryan and I have both watched the videos. We’re ready, willing, and able to testify.

I dare say the boss would even foot the bill for our expenses.

On the other hand, something’s clearly wrong with our apprehension procedures if we end up taking this guy alive.

Comments

Good. It’s about time.

CrimsonFisted on September 7, 2006 at 2:12 PM

Dearest Allahpundit:

I wouldn’t worry too much about that, if I were you.

Best Regards,

Mr. Predator, and Mr. Hellfire.

Kid from Brooklyn on September 7, 2006 at 2:13 PM

Kid,

Bingo.

Jaibones on September 7, 2006 at 2:20 PM

Does anyone know of any treason indictments since WWII? No, the list does not include John Walker Lindh, Jonathan Pollard, the Walkers, and Julius and Ethel Rosenberg. Our Constitution works when we use it!

Valiant on September 7, 2006 at 2:23 PM

This schmuck couldn’t sell Tupperware!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on September 7, 2006 at 2:23 PM

You’re not saying you’d violate his rights, are you?

Heavens to Murgatroid! My nation is dead.

Pablo on September 7, 2006 at 2:36 PM

What took so long?

Kini on September 7, 2006 at 2:38 PM

It’s bad enough to think that some of my money is being used to keep a person like Mumia alive. I really dislike the idea that some of my tax dollars might someday be used to keep this ugly creature alive. Some people think it’s immoral to execute criminals, I think it’s immoral to force the rest of society to keep these monsters alive.

Kevin R on September 7, 2006 at 2:46 PM

I hope Taliban John gets a new roommate.

RobCon on September 7, 2006 at 2:49 PM

I hope Taliban John gets a new roommate.

RobCon on September 7, 2006 at 2:49 PM

He’s already in place, my friend. Greetings from Rikers Island.

Kid from Brooklyn on September 7, 2006 at 3:01 PM

Now they need to start rounding up those who aided and abetted Gadahn.

Terp Mole on September 7, 2006 at 3:06 PM

Charles reports;

Muzzamil Siddiqi may be familiar to LGF readers. He was an imam at the Orange County Islamic Center when Al Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn converted to Islam there.

Where’s the indictment on this creep?

Terp Mole on September 7, 2006 at 3:08 PM

And just what does his momma think?? ( I bet she thinks it’s daddys fault).

gary on September 7, 2006 at 3:34 PM

But if he could be taken alive, we could lock interrogation suspects in the same cell as him. A few days, and then “If you will give me a cell where I can’t hear that voice, I will tell you everything!”

The Monster on September 7, 2006 at 5:07 PM

This “Useful Idiot” to Islam will be taken down and it won’t be long before it happens. Watch!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on September 7, 2006 at 5:30 PM

Here comes the ACLU and MEMRI.

Kokonut on September 7, 2006 at 5:43 PM

He should actually be indicted for treason — for giving aid and comfort to the enemy, and for making war upon the United States.

If he were indicted for treason, convicted, and sentenced to death, I predict that there would be NO SHORTAGE of volunteers to flick the switch to start the drug pump.

Myself included.

18 USC 2381

georgej on September 7, 2006 at 6:19 PM

Here comes the ACLU and MEMRI.

I hope MEMRI gets here first.

Pablo on September 7, 2006 at 6:43 PM

My father would say about ‘creatures’ like him “how come the Earth doesn’t open up and swallow him?”

Four ‘badges of honor’ in the video:

1. that God only accepts Muslims as true believers, or Muslumism as the only true religion
2. that he put Michael Scheuer in the ‘bad’ category – boy, must MS be pi—d
3. that he credited the ‘good’ media by using Sy Hirsch
4. that Galloway must run the world (forget changing the election rules for Arnold – how about Galloway?)

Entelechy on September 7, 2006 at 9:51 PM

Well actually, no, it’s not good. It’s not good because yet once again, our government lacks the cojones to prosecute someone for treason, of which this moron is clearly and unambiguously guilty. Once again, they’ve found some other law with which to charge him — as they did Lynne Stewart and Lindh — and they will try him in a civil court, instead of a military tribunal.

No, it’s not a good thing. Not good at all.

rightwingprof on September 8, 2006 at 11:36 AM