Video: MTV rocks out with Gore, glaciers

posted at 7:20 pm on September 2, 2006 by Allahpundit

Hip. Hot. Glaciers.

Comments

What an ass. I noticed he didn’t show any pictures of the glaciers that are growing. I noticed he didn’t show any pictures of the record snow in South Africa in July. I noticed he didn’t mention that the Dino-Era Atlantic Ocean was like a hot tub. Or that plants are producing up to 1/3 of the planets methane. Or that studies now show that Greenland’s glaciers have been shrinking NATURALLY for the past 100 years. Or that 30 years ago everyone was shouting “global cooling!” Or that just the other day Russian scientists predicted “global cooling” that will begin in the next few years and last until 2050. I noticed he didn’t mention the below average hurricane season we’ve experienced so far, despite dire predictions made based on warmer waters (note: others like the Accuweather folks predicted a crazy season too, but based on natural patterns).

I could go on and on… this issue really pisses me off because they started this crap with my generation in elementary school, and they’ve really put on the full court press on the idiot MTV generation. Well, I shouldn’t imply that they’re idiots because they simply believed they’ve been told the truth. You tell a bunch of kids who haven’t been taught any reasoning skills that it’s hotter than it’s been in recent years, show some melted ice and you’ve got a winner.

By the way, this is yet another desperate “rock the vote” attempt, not unrelated to the realization that is terrifying Democrats, that Cons are having 41% more kids than Libs, and that 80% of kids grow up to vote like their parents. They’ve been desperately trying (and failing) to counter that with their failed Vote or Die and Rock the Vote crap, but looks like they haven’t given up yet. Perhaps they aren’t 100% certain they’ll be getting that illegal alien vote they’re hoping to use to counter the conservakids in the next couple decades, but they’ve got to do something because they can’t unabort all the children they’ve killed all these years.

RightWinged on September 2, 2006 at 7:45 PM

That man is a complete and utter tool.

Sorry Al. But is it just me who knows that glaciers move? Slowly, I will grant you. But move they do.

I’m sure he flew to the event on a solar-powered Gulfstream.

It’s sad top see a former Presidential candidate hawking his crackpot junk-science mumbo-jumbo to a room full of teenagers screaming for Justin Timberlake.

Talk about ‘aiming low’.

Martin on September 2, 2006 at 7:46 PM

I looked quite a bit better 20 years ago than I do now, but somehow I don’t think the MTV generation will come to my rescue.

speed647 on September 2, 2006 at 8:10 PM

I refuse to watch that video as I believe it could be worse than watching Shatner sing, [shudder]

Actually, I wasn’t able to download the entire thing, but he said he was a replacement for Justin Timberlake? Yeah right, and the next thing he would say is that he won the 2000 election.

DannoJyd on September 2, 2006 at 8:25 PM

oh yeah, I forgot to mention…. as obnoxious as everything else I mentioned is Gore trying to act like he has a personality. He must have rehearsed for that so much, and he was probably dying out there.

RightWinged on September 2, 2006 at 8:43 PM

Al’s all black Johnny Cash costume went well with his grim reaper perception of our future on this planet. Is Naomi Wolf giving Al wardrobe advice again?

Nice work Al. Your God-like capacity to sway the masses is breathtaking. Wow, you’ve convinced the MTV generation that the biggest problem in the world today is global warming and its affect on the environment. These are the same clueless adolescents, who, when they had a chance to ask a probing question of then presidential candidate Bill Clinton, thought the future of our country and the character of a president would be revealed in his underwear selection. I doubt if that crowd knows what a glacier is, or where to find one. My guess is they think it’s an ice cream treat at Dairy Queen.

Don’t expect this crowd to waste their precious time voting this fall, unless they’re convinced Justin Timberlake or Kanye West will be signing autographs inside the voting booth.

fogw on September 2, 2006 at 9:42 PM

Yeah, I happen to be surfing and came upon him coming out at these stupid things. These goofy kids were giving him a standing ovation & watched them all laugh and clap when he mentioned the Timberlake thing & that was enough for me. Like Speed I used to watch MTV when I was in high school but by the time it seems I was 24 or so there was less music and more garbage on there than anything else. But I think these people are heavily influenced by their Dem “rock the vote” campaign. I know my stupid cousin who is 19 & goes to VA Tech, “relies heavily on what the musicians have to say, because it’s like they go all over the country and they like get the opportunity to like meet all different kinds of people like living in all kinds of situations beyond their control that they like can’t do nothing about. That’s why I like to like listen to Dave Matthews cuz he likes has it on the ball that like Bush is like totally devoid of brain matter”. Sadly, this clown also got a scholarship for academic reasons.

Catie96706 on September 2, 2006 at 9:43 PM

Wish we had a preview key should read” came upon him coming out at this stupid thing.

Catie96706 on September 2, 2006 at 9:45 PM

Maybe they should show what Al Gore’s brain looked like 25 years ago and how much it has shrunk since then; however, that is making the broad assumption that he actually had a brain 25 years ago.

DAT60A3 on September 2, 2006 at 10:11 PM

Manbearpig!

spacemonkey on September 2, 2006 at 10:43 PM

“A feeew yeaaars agooo, I put the glaaaciers in a looockboooox, where I thought they would staaaay foreeeveeer. Due to Preeeeesident Bush 43 not siiiigning the Kyoooooto treeeeaty, they are now escaaaaaping out of the booooox and I prediiict this will cauuuuse the woooorld to end, something which wouuuuuld nooooooot have haaaaapened if I would be Preeeesident”

Man candy, not!

Entelechy on September 3, 2006 at 12:03 AM

Sorry, got so carried away with mocking Al Gore that I forgot the serious items:

- I saw glaciers move with my own eyes, in Alaska – was fortunate to have 360 degrees of blue sky when I saw/heard a large one end in a huge glacier lake. It is incredible to experience for all the senses.

- Has Mr. Gore read this yet?

Entelechy on September 3, 2006 at 12:12 AM

That oaf is so damn condesending. Just sits in a room part of the day which is a copy of the Oval Office and ‘makes believe.” The other half of the day its glaciers. What a life. What a life.

auspatriotman on September 3, 2006 at 12:23 AM

Also interesting that Al seems to have forgotten his involvement with the PMRC in 1985, not exactly MTV friendly then.

speed647 on September 3, 2006 at 12:35 AM

ooops, meant to post this:

speed647 on September 3, 2006 at 12:40 AM

All needs to go to the ATM, make a withdrawal, go to the clue store.

And buy one.

Corky on September 3, 2006 at 2:14 AM

Awhile back I was in the US Coast Guard and for a time, stationed aboard an icebreaker. I’ve been to the North Pole twice and the South Pole once. I have cruised Alaska’s shoreline and seen many a glacier. I’ve been to Greenland and seen glaciers there too. I’ve seen the glaciers of Antarctica. I’ve seen icebergs the size of small mountains floating in the sea.

They are ALWAYS in a constant state of flux and ALWAYS moving. I’ve seen chunks of glacier break off and fall into the sea that were the size of skyscrapers. Even at a mile away the resulting waves caused the ship to heave quite a ways over. Mainly, of the things we did was take scientists to the Arctic and Antarctic. I used to spend months at a time with those scientists. They said that the ice flows and glaciers and whatnot are always going through growing and shrinking phases, and have since forever.

Pollution is a problem without a doubt, but this guy’s just hedging his bets with young kids who will be of voting age soon. If he wants to spew caca from his mouth about something, he should go back to telling those who want us and our ways DEAD how terribly we Americans treated Middle Eastern illegal immigrants right after 9/11.

SilverStar830 on September 3, 2006 at 5:08 AM

I don’t know which is sadder – Algore or the fact that Algore was the highlight of the award show.

GT on September 3, 2006 at 8:35 AM

I wonder if they have any pictures of the ice caps on mars. Apparently our green house gasses are effecting them too as they’ve been shrinking.

One Angry Christian on September 3, 2006 at 8:58 AM

Hey, wait a minute, did I hear that web address at the end right? There’s priceless oxymoron.

Jeff on September 3, 2006 at 9:41 AM

Now that he’s finally figured out he’s not the POTUS, Al’s trying to be Ron White.

Fausta on September 3, 2006 at 10:23 AM

Hey, look – this would not have happened if Al Gore would have been the POTUS, no Sir!

Entelechy on September 3, 2006 at 1:03 PM

SilverStar830, what an interesting life you have – thanks for sharing with us.

I will also check out your site more thoroughly. How can we get the rest of America and the world informed about and this material drilled into their ‘empty’ heads?

Entelechy on September 3, 2006 at 1:08 PM

Queen FATifa is practically orgasmic in her fawning intro of the Gorbot.

His adoring audience, sadly, is the future of America.

doingwhatican on September 3, 2006 at 6:52 PM

I wonder what the real reason for glacial meltdown is?

(DISCLAIMRE: The above image was doctored by it’s creator. Gore was added to make flames seem more threatening)

But, seriously, that ‘gorezilla’ gag gave me an idea, so I googled it, and to my surprise. I found this…

This summer, we found dinosaur tracks from meat and plant eating, duckbilled and armored dinosaurs,” said Roland Gangloff, curator of earth sciences at the UA Museum of the North. “Now we know DINOSAURS FLOURISHED IN ALASKA even earlier than our previous work had indicated,” he said.

SAY WHAT!!!!!! Dinosaurs terrorizing the tundra? I thought they liked WARM climates? You don’t suppose…. NAW, that’s silly. Alaska couldn’t possibly have been that warm, …could it?

Let’s see what else we can come up with.

The most common types of dinosaur known from the fossil sites, small plant eaters called hypsilophodontids, rarely grew to be more than about 2 metres in length, with some only reaching half that. GLOBAL SEA LEVELS WERE EXTREMLY HIGH AT THIS TIME,…

oops, now that’s “INCONVENIENT,” isn’t it, Al?

And what about the teperatures?

The CLIMATE WAS WARMER in polar areas than it is today. There were NO POLAR ICE CAPS at the north and south poles.

Gee, Chicken Al Licken, I hate to burst your ‘sKy-is-falling’ bubble., but… oh, heck, who am I kidding. I’m delighted.

And for a little more on the issue of who caused global warming, if indeed it is, here’s a helpful link.

yonaton on September 4, 2006 at 3:12 PM

Gore must have had a lot to do with the gut punch in the ratings.

Valiant on September 4, 2006 at 4:27 PM

Algore is a parody of a parody. Hoiw anyone can listen to this idiot is beyond belief. Imagine the pinheads who support this clown. This is truly frightening.

mcgilvra on September 5, 2006 at 1:33 PM