Video: “Fahrenheit 9/11″ in “The Code of Silence”

posted at 10:55 am on September 2, 2006 by Allahpundit

Vietnam, Watergate, and Michael Moore, with a narration in English. They know how to talk to their audience.

The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not “insurgents” or “terrorists” or “The Enemy.” They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow—and they will win.

Update: Thanks as always to Rusty Shackleford of the Jawa Report for the clip.

Comments

Beyooootiful. Thanks, Mike! But I think they’re questioning your patriotism.

Pablo on September 2, 2006 at 11:30 AM

Wow, that was amazing.

Savage on September 2, 2006 at 11:41 AM

Was this video made by Move-on.org or by another subsidiary of George Soros? There are no arguments here not made by members of the American left.

Michael Moore should be proud to be the inspiration for the arguments being used by those who would destroy us.

ptolemy on September 2, 2006 at 11:56 AM

Beyooootiful. Thanks, Mike! But I think they’re questioning your patriotism.

Pablo

LOL!

I swear that guy sounded like Kumar from “Harold and Kumar”…..but not as stoned…

Lets see how would Mikey Moore Spin this?? “A military spokesman today backed everything I have been saying and even said I am one of the most influental honest men in America.”

Fandango on September 2, 2006 at 11:56 AM

Another example of the left wing/terrorist alliance.

There is a reason that Left–such as Michael Moore–and the terrorists want the Democrats to win American elections:

“That’s good. It means your boys are on the run all day long, seven days a week. And it is really devastating for them, especially if they are on their third tour and don’t have our secret weapon — patience.”

The terrorists and left-wingers are right about wanting Democrats in charge. The Democrats once in charge won’t have any patience and we will lose World War III with them at the helm. Another reason not to stay home in November.

januarius on September 2, 2006 at 12:07 PM

Exactly right januarius. It is a crystal clear example of the left wing/terrorism alliance. Don’t you love the equivalent hat tips for for CNN and Al Jazeera?

Just don’t dare question their patriotism!

Valiant on September 2, 2006 at 12:18 PM

Does anyone doubt that if there really were 27 thousand more dead US servicemen than the 2500 or so officially listed, that someone would have noticed the discrepancy, and there’d be a march of 27 thousand parents (with Mother Sheehan leading them) on the White House, each carrying a sign with a picture of their dead child, and a caption asking Bush/Rumsfeld why my baby doesn’t count?

The fact that the above hasn’t happened means that it’s a bunch of crap. The only people swayed by this video are those who already suffer from Derangement Syndrome, and have subordinated reality to their fantasy.

The Monster on September 2, 2006 at 12:21 PM

Is this thing on?

The Monster on September 2, 2006 at 12:22 PM

whew. Maybe 3d time’s a charm.

If there really were 27 thousand more US servicemen dead in Iraq than the 2500 or so names that have been released, someone would have noticed by now, and Cindy Sheehan would have lead a march of enraged parents, each carrying a sign with a picture of the undocumented casualty, and some snarky comment about why Bush/Rumsfeld think my baby doesn’t count.

The fact that the above has not happened is proof that it isn’t true for any sane person. This video will only sway those already suffering Derangement Syndrome, who will see it as an affirmation of the fundamental truth of Chimpy McBusHitlerBurton and the NeoCon-spiracy.

The Monster on September 2, 2006 at 12:26 PM

This guy sounds like a cross between Desi Arnaz (you’ve got some ‘splainin to do) and every cheesy villain ever concocted by Hollywood. I half expected him to threaten to melt the earth with his death ray.

brazilnut on September 2, 2006 at 1:17 PM

that was the gayest thing I’ve ever seen… was that supposed to be real? I wonder how many Democrats will realize how much the rhetoric sounds exactly like what’s written in the daily talking points they receive every day.

By the way, was the guy predicting 30,000 troops dead in the future or saying that Bush is lying and that 30,000 are dead now? I had a hard time staying focused because it was just so stupid.

The highlight for me though, was him complimenting Bush on basically fooling us all compared to Vietnam, even though now “CNN and al-Jazeera” are on his back all the time. Isn’t it interesting that he chose those 2? al-Jazeera and CNN al-Jazeera west. I wonder if CNN would be proud to be named right along side al-Jazeera in this thing. The only real entertaining part, IMO.

RightWinged on September 2, 2006 at 1:22 PM

I thought mooooselims were prohibited from using anything with “pork” in it.

darwin on September 2, 2006 at 1:41 PM

Using my amazing powers of extra sensory perception, I have determined that the narrator is a muslim.

Kevin M on September 2, 2006 at 1:54 PM

Was this an ad for the Democratic Party, or…?

CP on September 2, 2006 at 2:06 PM

“Who is to be burned up and left without water?”

I think I just peed a little in my pants.

B Moe on September 2, 2006 at 2:09 PM

“Who is to be burned up and left without water?”

Yeah, that was also one of the funniest parts. The way he said it was so serious, like he wasn’t understanding that “we don’t need no water” is a line from a song or something.

RightWinged on September 2, 2006 at 2:22 PM

“You will have to explain to the good old American people why you have been lying upon them all this time”

Hang on. I think he’s talking to Bill Clinton.

Tanya on September 2, 2006 at 2:34 PM

I couldn’t watch the entire video. Too stupid and too annoying. Knowing the source – conspiracy, Moore, Sheehan, ‘nough heard!

I wanted to say/write “Kerry Moore (piggy) out and Gore him, someone, please” – but then, I really, really love to be a part of this blog – thus, I was just thinking it…

Another reason not to stay home in November.

januarius on September 2, 2006 at 12:07 PM

We can’t repeat this enough – wake up all conservatives, of any degree – this is the most precarious of all times!

And why should we not question their patriotism? It is bizarre to accept this, one of their mantra…in the absence of any real ideas on how to solve anything, on their part, except criticism and other derangement symptoms.

Entelechy on September 2, 2006 at 2:38 PM

Is there a soundtrack available? I especially liked the last tune. Something akin to “How could you believe me when I told you that I loved you when you know I’ve been a liar all my life.”

Vapid.

Corky on September 2, 2006 at 2:45 PM

That’s asian.

And I thought he sounded kind of Russian. Or maybe it so happens that Arabic accents sound similar to Russian accents.

JamesVersusEveryone on September 2, 2006 at 4:49 PM

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that–I love the constant references to “good old” American people. Where did this guy learn to speak English? Eat apple pie, watch baseball, plant IEDs on patrol routes, this all speaks to me!

JamesVersusEveryone on September 2, 2006 at 4:51 PM

The leftist chant for the last few years:

“Bush will be exposed and humiliated before us and tried for treason!”

Hey lefties, do you like how they linked your masturbatory fantasy directly to deaths of Americans?

Or is that just icing on the cake for you?

lauraw on September 2, 2006 at 4:55 PM

Has Moore replied to this any where? I’d love to see his spin…

Savage on September 2, 2006 at 5:13 PM

The Prophet Moorehammad

RightWinged on September 2, 2006 at 6:06 PM

Meanwhile in wacademia, OSU Daily Barometer (still screened for blasphemy) apes Michael Moore;

Sorry Joe, time to go: war supporting may put him out

…There is a growing realization that terrorism will not be defeated by bullets and bombs. The occupation of Afghanistan has not produced a captive Osama Bin Laden, and has only slowed the Taliban (they have rearmed and resurfaced in Pakistan and Southern Afghanistan). Israel’s war against Hezbollah in Lebanon has not diminished that organization’s war-making capabilities as is evidenced by the sheer volume of rockets they are still able to launch. In any case, it certainly has not won any “hearts and minds” in Lebanon, in fact quite the contrary.

No, the real successes in the War on Terrorism have come from good old fashioned police work, not military muscle. The British managed to avert this latest catastrophe through an ongoing investigation. It is a lesson that both parties in this country have ignored, amidst insistence that terrorism can only be fought by “boots on the ground.” With this in mind, the Iraq War has been perhaps the worst strategic allocation of resources in our history. Instead of devoting our defense budgets to increasing security at ports, vulnerable hazardous industry centers and public transportation, we have squandered hundreds of billions of dollars prosecuting a major war in a country that had, at best, questionable ties to terrorist networks.

What was supposed to be a brief and splendid little war in George Bush’s march of democracy has descended into a costly quagmire. After September 11th, our elected officials promised to do whatever it took to ensure our safety, and as we approach the five year anniversary of those attacks, many voters have asked themselves if they truly are safer, and the answer has been a resounding “NO!” Joe Lieberman is just the first of what undoubtedly be many Congressmen in this election year whose support of the Iraq War will lead many voters to give them the boot.

Imagine how much safer America would have been, if only FDR hadn’t rushed into that North African quagmire and focused instead on capturing Yamamoto while securing US ports and vulnerable infrastructure.

Behold, tomorrow’s Leftist leadership.

Henry Leineweber is a senior in political science.

Terp Mole on September 2, 2006 at 8:47 PM

The Prophet Moorehammad

Good one, RightWinged, I’m using that one for him from now on – and thanks!

Chelle

ChelleFiche on September 2, 2006 at 9:35 PM

I thought he went to fat camp? He still looks like Cartman!

From here:

Maverick filmmaker Michael Moore has enrolled in a crash course at a $3,800-a-week center known as a “fat farm for the rich” in a bid to lose weight.

The “Fahrenheit 9/11″ director has booked into the Pritikin Longevity Center and Spa in Aventura, Fla., where he is learning to cook healthy meals and will undergo “life re-education,” according to Page Six.

The center says that enrolees can lose up to 12 pounds during the first three weeks.

Pam on September 2, 2006 at 9:44 PM

I know it really won’t have any impact, but if ever there were a smoking gun of traitorism this is it.

Too bad no one of consequence will act on it.

One Angry Christian on September 3, 2006 at 11:54 AM

Take note as to what was said. Another Watergate. Exactly what the libs have wanted for oh so long.

Long Island Pete on September 3, 2006 at 12:55 PM

[JVE] That’s asian.

Definitely Arabic or someone trying to sound that way – the R’s give it away. But where from exactly? At one point he uses the phrase “looking behind your shoulders” (?) when he should have said “watching your back”; perhaps it’s a regional expression?

“Who is to be burned up and left without water?”

[RightWinged]

I’m guessing here but it sounded to me like “let the motherFATHER burn” meant, let the fire burn – not a human being – and we don’t need water to put it out.

Missing subtleties like this keep these sorts of stunts from really working as effective propaganda. Perhaps the kind folks at CAIR can pitch in and help them polish their message…

RD on September 3, 2006 at 2:59 PM

It’s probably an Arabic idiom lost in translation to English. Rule #1 of speaking another language: don’t try to translate idioms.

JamesVersusEveryone on September 3, 2006 at 5:41 PM

Islam and the Islamic Culture will burn and for as long as it exists.

Those cowards won’t dare bomb the indoor Skiing Resort in Dubai.

No way, they and all their family, for generations, would be tortured and burned years if they bombed the indoor ski resort in the sand dunes.

That is where their problem is, in corrupt governments.

Also, their treatment of women will keep them under our feet for centuries, Fact, plain and simple.

ar_basin on September 3, 2006 at 10:09 PM

Normally, I would agree with that logic, but…

B Moe on September 4, 2006 at 12:52 AM

Interesting piece, it had me thinking….

Some thoughts:

- They show GW Bush on 9-11 – nothing like a good reminder of 9-11 to keep up the WOT… for me that hurt the piece of propaganda.

- Michael Moore isn’t honest, he is mildly influential and he is not Muslim (more importantly).

- Moore is practically of the communist thinking; the marriage between the two is interesting because under communism Islam would be snuffed out handily.

- The point was made about men joining the US Armed Forces for a scholarship. How old is this argument – or should I say false idea? Most soldiers merely want to protect our women and children, our freedom and free culture, often at the beginning of the day they want some hardcore PT and at the end of the day they merely want a cold beer… This scholarship talk is foolish – That’s what Pell Grants and Stafford Loans were created for… You don’t have to volunteer for the Armed Services.

- The Islamic commentator said the following “If we live long enough, ” yada yada yada… Attacking us again might make that less likely.

ar_basin on September 5, 2006 at 6:03 PM