Goldstein’s CJR, episode 2

World Wide Rant
Resurrection Song
The Blog of the Century of the Week
Rocky Mountain News
Linda Seebach

Download CJR for your iPod

Comments

Muchas cervezas, Jeff! BTW, I am a perfect example of why print newspapers are in trouble. Before I went online, I used to read newspapers everyday, including Saturdays. Nowadays, I usually only buy the Sunday newspaper editions and that is mainly for the coupons and the weekly TV section. By the time I see the newspaper headlines, my attitude is “Been there! Done that!”

pjcomix on September 1, 2006 at 10:02 AM

Don’t you think the fact that I forgot your name shows you that I just didn’t objectify you?

Yikes. That makes sense to me, and I’m sober!

Mark Jaquith on September 1, 2006 at 10:08 AM

Yet another great report, Jeff!

Ian on September 1, 2006 at 10:10 AM

love the drink count. kennedy-esque was my favorite. But jeff, don’t ‘cha think comparing the blogging phenom to martin luther and the protestant reformation is a bit of a stretch??

good vent.

pullingmyhairout on September 1, 2006 at 10:16 AM

Drunken journalism is the future? The future is going to be more fun than I suspected. Maybe I should get banged up and try to land an interview with Mohammed Khatami.

Look out, Mike Wallace!

Pablo on September 1, 2006 at 10:17 AM

When I grow up I wanna be just like Jeff.

speed647 on September 1, 2006 at 10:25 AM

5 year anniversary of 911 coming up and the bloggers are in a drunken stupor playing kissy kissy with each other! Great! Looked like fun!

Drtuddle on September 1, 2006 at 10:31 AM

You’re right. We should maintain mournful silence for weeks, or even months, before the anniversary. Or FOREVER!

Allahpundit on September 1, 2006 at 10:35 AM

They hate us because of our drunken stupors. I may disagree with what you’re drinking, but I will fight to the death for your right to get blotto!

They’re drinking for the American way, Drtuddle.

Pablo on September 1, 2006 at 10:49 AM

The drink count was classic. I am glad he never got to the “anti-semitic level”. Another stellar report, Jeff.

Stormy70 on September 1, 2006 at 11:00 AM

I liked the beginning and the end when he was tying it all together but the middle seemed a bit self congratulatory. I’m assuming the Martin luther bit was satire as that was a bit of a metaphorical jaw breaker.

austinnelly on September 1, 2006 at 11:03 AM

Hey, where’s the rest? The vid abruptly ends like the rest was unfit for public view.

…musta been beer bongs and blogger chicks pulling up their tops after that, eh? Am I right? Then again, maybe it was wooly rotund gentlemen bloggers pulling up their shirts. Yeah, probably a good reason for the abrupt end :P

SilverStar830 on September 1, 2006 at 11:25 AM

I thought some of the interviews were quite good and some were silly. Perhaps “Citizen Journalism” is best done before Happy Hour? *lol* Overall, the comments were worth hearing..slurred and not slurred.

labwrs on September 1, 2006 at 11:29 AM

Army of Armadillos!

bamapachyderm on September 1, 2006 at 11:31 AM

“world serves its own needs, don’t misserve your own needs.”

Drtuddle on September 1, 2006 at 11:42 AM

I can appreciate this vent but I have to disagree with most here – I miss the quality, content, and presentation of Michelle’s vents.

Michelle’s vents relate to important events, are well presented, with clear evidence to support her postion. In a time when MSM is complicit in supporting the Islamofacist and the Reconquista her vents are important to get the view that will never make it into MSM reporting.

Although this type of vent by Jeff Goldstein is enjoyable to watch I believe it is a distraction on a site that I depend on to get views and content not available on MSM.

omegaram on September 1, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Life is what happens when you’re talking politics with a bunch of drunk bloggers.

Jeff G on September 1, 2006 at 12:51 PM

omegaram on September 1, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Ditto.

RobertCSampson on September 1, 2006 at 12:55 PM

I didn’t think there could be a more embarrassing vlog than Pamela Atlas Shrugs, but Jeff G proved me wrong.

The Kenosha Kid on September 1, 2006 at 1:26 PM

First: Great CJR, though I miss the yellow teeth and cut-offs. And a shout-out to my former LADN colleague, Linda Seebach.

Second. To the critics, thanks for the feedback. But this site is not just MMTV. It never was and never will be. This is Hot Air, a full-service Internet broadcasting network and blog. You will still have me Venting, but we are seeking out the widest variety of talented vloggers, Citzen Journalists, and creative conservative producers and providing them a revolutionary platform made possible by the Internet revolution. And my credit cards. :)

I’m honored to have Jeff and DaF on board. Someday, when they have their own cable TV show, you’ll be able to say you saw them here first. If CJR is not to your liking, here’s a handy piece of advice: Do not hit the play button on the video.

Michelle on September 1, 2006 at 1:36 PM

Jeff – I laughed. A sense of humor is what seems to be lacking on the other side of the aisle.

MCPO Airdale on September 1, 2006 at 2:31 PM

Somehow, it isn’t surprising that Linda Seebach comes across as the most intelligent of the bunch, is it?

I like what Jeff and Dorkafork are doing. Sure, there are some rough edges, but I think they’ll grow into their roles as humorous agitators and analysts. I look forward to seeing what they do next.

zombyboy on September 1, 2006 at 2:38 PM

I’m glad to see a little fun taking place. While there’s plenty of serious issues and information to be discussed and disseminated, the lighter side of things in the name of even a little comic relief is a welcome diversion once in awhile… whether intentional or unintentional.

I just wish I’d been there to share the experience : )

SilverStar830 on September 1, 2006 at 2:57 PM

Silver, you just wish you’d been there to share the shots. Which is entirely understandable.

zombyboy on September 1, 2006 at 3:04 PM

Though I agree that Michelle’s Vents are the best, a little break in the action is always a good thing. No sense getting our blood pressure up before a holiday weekend. MMs blog about Miller Beer and the IAs was more than enough for today. If I may add to the Friday Frivolity:

Ed was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really pissed. She told him “Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in less than 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE.”

The next morning Ed got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a small box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Funeral services for Ed have been scheduled for Friday.

Fogpig on September 1, 2006 at 3:12 PM

Gosh, if I woulda known we were going to have a Frivolous Friday, I’d have just posted this instead:

Fresh from her shower, a wife stands in front of the mirror, complaining to her husband that she thinks her breasts are too small. Instead of automatically telling her it’s not so, he uncharacteristically comes up with a suggestion:

“Honey, if you want your breasts to grow bigger, then every day take a piece of toilet paper and rub it between your breasts for a few seconds.” She lookes at him quizically and he adds, “Trust me, it works.”

Willing to give it a try, she fetches a piece of toilet paper and stands in front of the mirror, rubbing it between her breasts. “How long will this take?” she asks.

“They will grow larger over a period of years,” he replies.

The wife stops rubbing the toilet paper between her breasts.

“Do you really think rubbing a piece of toilet paper between my breasts every day will make my breasts larger over the years?”

Without missing a beat, the husband replied, “Worked for your backside didn’t it?”

The man’s still alive, and with a great deal of physical therapy, he may yet even walk again.

SilverStar830 on September 1, 2006 at 4:14 PM

I was looking for AP – was he not invited? Or was he exchanging ham and saussages in an adjacent private room? :)

It’s good to see such an intelligent dude, Jeff G, be so self-deprecating and funny.

Some on this board are too high strung. Let’s be thankful that we can have this much fun, and also discuss life and death matters.

Happy Labor Day weekend to all and thanks for the opportunity to be e-acquaintances, from all stripes.

Entelechy on September 1, 2006 at 6:38 PM

Are you referring to me? This was a Colorado event. I live in New York.

Allahpundit on September 1, 2006 at 6:41 PM

I was just kidding you – I’m in the camp that likes you as our mystery man.

Entelechy on September 1, 2006 at 6:53 PM

Just got a chance to view it. For a second there I thought Jeff’s shirt read “Atrios.”

SisterToldjah on September 1, 2006 at 8:12 PM

Are you referring to me? This was a Colorado event. I live in New York.

Allahpundit on September 1, 2006 at 6:41 PM

Well, you could’ve just videoed your appearance. After all, video is the future of New Media. ;-P

Fly_in_Ointment on September 1, 2006 at 10:16 PM

I enjoyed this Vent a lot. Reminds me of the old Hudson Valley Home Brewers association. The humor was good & original. I especially loved the shakey camera near the end.

I like impromtu. Vent seems to capitalize on that. No Michelle (tear) but still a good party makes up for it.

Coronagold on September 2, 2006 at 6:45 AM

I like Karen “Blog Groupie” keep her as a regular on CJR. She is a hoot, reminded me of Jay Leno when he takes to the street are asks questions to airheads.

Wade on September 2, 2006 at 7:05 PM

Next time they have her, though, they’ll have to spell her name right…

zombyboy on September 3, 2006 at 3:20 PM

Hmm, he doesn’t look like a Jewish Count.

The lady from the Rocky Mountain News needs to take over the NY Times.

Bellicose Muse on September 5, 2006 at 7:56 AM