Secret hold: Final Four Three

posted at 5:25 pm on August 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

TPMM has eliminated Carper. Flip says Hatch is out, too.

Which leaves us with Judd Gregg, Mike Crapo (whose spokeswoman pointedly refused to confirm or deny that he’s responsible), and … Ted Stevens.

The sausage is ready to go. Tasty!

Update: I’d be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge that the final three are, alas, all Republicans. For shame.

Update: “Dunh, dunh, DUHNNNNN!”

Comments

97 have denied? Holy moley! This blogothing works!

Pablo on August 29, 2006 at 5:31 PM

Is the MSM following this story?

Is the MSM following the efforts of the blogosphere?

Entelechy on August 29, 2006 at 5:32 PM

I think it’s Stevens but who knows. Will be interesting to see who it is.

Catie96706 on August 29, 2006 at 5:33 PM

“For shame” – the same shame as Mr. Hastert’s reaction to the ‘documents raid’ of the ‘ice-box-payola’ congressman. Pity!

Entelechy on August 29, 2006 at 5:40 PM

Dunh, dunh, Mr. Personality, Stevens at it again…pity!

Entelechy on August 29, 2006 at 5:43 PM

This is a great blow to the power that the MSM thought they had,of course they won’t cover it, it makes them look really really bad, like they don’t have staffs that should be making these calls themselves.

bbz123 on August 29, 2006 at 5:52 PM

This is better than horse-racing.

It would be great if one of the two now comes out and says “It’s not me either”. Why wait for 72 hours from the “hold”?

Entelechy on August 29, 2006 at 5:55 PM

all three republicans. It serves them right if they lose the senate. they have no one to blame but themselves. they’re just a bunch of self-righteous pompous asses who wouldn’t know a budget if they saw one.

pullingmyhairout on August 29, 2006 at 6:07 PM

How far we’ve fallen from the Contract With America.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 29, 2006 at 6:50 PM

Martinez is clear? Color me shocked, I thought I’d have to curse his name again.

Enoxo on August 29, 2006 at 6:52 PM

Does anyone here know how to go to past articles that have been dropped from the front page of Hot Air? Can anyone tell me how to email the person in charge of Hot Air?

As to this topic, I cannot fathom why anyone cares about who placed the hold on this report!

Umnumzana on August 29, 2006 at 8:22 PM

Click on the word “Vault” up at the top…

MamaAJ on August 29, 2006 at 8:45 PM

Okay, can someone help me with this question. The comment section isn’t coming up for me on the CNN Loo story. It says X number of comments but all I get is a blank screen. Can someone help? Thanks! Catie

Catie96706 on August 29, 2006 at 9:12 PM

I dont think the fact that the last 3 are GOP is important, just who the last ONE is.

Its been a good bet since the get go that it is Stevens, but how do we know it was someone else who said “not me” early on just to create a smokescreen?

Yeah . . . I mean . . . maybe one of these clowns lied.

Labamigo on August 29, 2006 at 9:55 PM

Catie96706,

There was a bug whereby the # of comments actually showed Trackbacks + comments. It should be fixed now. Bryan turned comments off for the CNN “bathroom talk” story… you’d have to ask him why.

Mark Jaquith on August 29, 2006 at 10:35 PM

Thanks Mark, I thought that maybe it was something on my end.

Catie96706 on August 29, 2006 at 11:27 PM

Why we care?? The purpose of the senate bill is to make the actions and spending of congress more transparent. It is so the constituents can EASILY discover how much our congress is spending and on what. By placing a hold on the vote, it tells us that there is a senator who does NOT want this to happen – who would rather continue to operate in relative secrecy, who doesn’t want his pork disappearing.

So actually, a bill that is designed to help us common folk track spending, force the congress to be accountable and to be good stewards of our money, is being held up. The person who did this should be highly embarrassed and shamed.
That’s why it’s important.

How far we’ve fallen from the Contract With America.

How true.

pullingmyhairout on August 30, 2006 at 8:58 AM

I lack the vision of this crowd. Every time Allah and that moonbat Marshall updated this list I wondered what on earth made them buy into some half-hearted “uh…I don’t think the Senator would do that…” denial by an intern who answers phones.

And yet now it looks like they have actually narrowed this idiotic move down to three Senators, and the most likely candidate from the beginning, the sickening Senator from Alaska. Amazing.

I can’t think of a better way to reduce spending than to have half the voters in America aware of the way these jerks waste our money. Truly this is a multi-partisan issue…

Jaibones on August 30, 2006 at 10:45 AM