Video: The secret hold goes national (Update: 58 Senators deny)

posted at 7:52 pm on August 28, 2006 by Allahpundit

Hume scores again, for the second time in less than a week. Once we find out who the secret holder is, we need to find out which one of his staffers is reading blogs.

27 suspects have been eliminated. 73 remain. Mary K’s got a hot lead.

Update: A bipartisan blogswarm? TPM Muckraker says 58 Senators have denied being the secret holder.

Comments

So,is it super double secret who this person is or will someone leak it?

bbz123 on August 28, 2006 at 8:20 PM

I love Brit! fangirl gush gush

Fox needs to run his show nationally. Stupid Fox. Why should I depend on the network who screwed up the Firefly series?

Fie on them!

Stormy70 on August 28, 2006 at 8:32 PM

My money’s on Grassley.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 28, 2006 at 8:38 PM

I’ve thought for a while that someone on Brit’s staff was reading blogs. Several times while watching Special Report I noticed that he reported a lot of the big stories going around the blogosphere.

kimpriestap on August 28, 2006 at 8:41 PM

I suspect that FOX has an entire staff that reads the blogs. I have tuned into Dayside before and it was like they were clicking down my RSS feed.

Babs on August 28, 2006 at 8:45 PM

I’m with Stormy70,well except for the fact that I sorta dig BH is a manly sort of way, I loved “Firefly” .
There’s a guy here in SF on KSFO that definitely is a blogster,but as we have seen time and time again most newscasters and editors will do anything to avoid the truth and the facts.You can lead a newsman to the blogoshphere but you can’t make him think.

bbz123 on August 28, 2006 at 9:06 PM

Verrrrrrrry interesting.
No doubt Brit or someone on his staff is blog-savvy.
MKH’s info is almost a slam-dunk in terms of political impact! As usual, well done MKH, AP, HA and of course,MM!!

labwrs on August 28, 2006 at 9:22 PM

love Brit! fangirl gush gush

Stormy70
MEA CULPA again! You are right Stormy70..I should have said in the first line of my post.. MORE MANCANDY!! :)
I think all we girls of all ages should use that phrase constantly as the boys are certainly not above a little cybersalivating! *lol*
P.S. I think I owe an apology to BRYAN for not saying he was MANCANDY when he did the daily video with MM..SORRY..you most definitely are in that category too!
Sorry AP..we havent seen you so….if you want to be in the candymix..a personal appearance is required!

labwrs on August 28, 2006 at 9:26 PM

MORE MANCANDY!! :)

Somehow, that don’t sound right. I’ll chalk that to Little League Euphoria, seeing as how the boys from Columbus wrapped up the whole thing.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 28, 2006 at 9:32 PM

:) I called that Kid!
And as long as Y’All boys are gushing over the blogwomen then we get to use MANCANDY! *g*
Bravo Columbus,GA Little League Champions of the entire World! Kudos to Japan too! Well played game and terrific sportsmanship from all the teams (even Staten Island!)

labwrs on August 28, 2006 at 9:36 PM

Wait.
Fox is responsible for the death of FireFly?
To paraphase the kids these days: “that was, like, the best show. eh-ver”. I always found myself smiling at the end of each episode. The characters. The setting. Just really hit a chord with me. I ended up buying the DVD of the series..

Dammit. Now who can I turn to?

-FormerlyFatOldGuy

Fogpig on August 28, 2006 at 9:53 PM

Fogpig,
It wasnt Fox..it was Bush/Cheney/Rove.
Hope that helps.

labwrs on August 28, 2006 at 9:58 PM

ahhh …
Now I get it.
First Bush kills FireFly and then he directs a hurricane so that it hits New Orleans to kill black people and this covers his tracks … now he must be subliminally contolling the mind of a senator (the frenchurian candidate?) to hold up this transparency bill ..

This is all beginning to make sense … where’s my tinfoil?

- FOG

Fogpig on August 28, 2006 at 10:13 PM

Mark my words…it’s Grassley (secret holds are part of his M.O.), or Lott (who has expressed public disdain for citizen oversight blogs such as Porkbusters). The Kid goes out on a limb and calls it first (Grassley first choice).

Kid from Brooklyn on August 28, 2006 at 10:13 PM

OK, the SouthernBelle gets to call the LLWS but the
KID FROM BROOKLYN gets to call the Secret Hold.
Works for me :)

labwrs on August 28, 2006 at 10:59 PM

I love Brit! fangirl gush gush

I’m usually not online this late, but I just had to respond. Brit’s ok, but he’s NOT mancandy. Now SHEP on the other hand…

love the term ‘cybersalivating’. very clever.

we won’t be seeing Allah for awhile. too busy working on that “body by bowflex.”

pullingmyhairout on August 28, 2006 at 11:34 PM

and as for the senator who put a secret hold on that bill, SHAME SHAME SHAME. That will come back to bite him/her in the as* because you know no one up there in washington can keep a secret.

pullingmyhairout on August 28, 2006 at 11:36 PM

…after how many layers of pancake makeup?

Kid from Brooklyn on August 29, 2006 at 7:32 AM

I’m with Stormy70 and bbz123, sans the feminine gushing. IMHO, Brit is their best news anchor.

Loved the Firefly reference as I too am a fan.

You have to love how congress hides their actions as they berate Bush over the secret programs designed to capture terrorists. I hope Fox continues to follow up on this story, and if Stabenow IS the Secret Holder I’ll be doing a lil Irish Jig.

DannoJyd on August 29, 2006 at 9:13 AM

I’ve just called Elizabeth Dole’s office…she has responded that she is NOT the Holder. (Apparently they’ve gotten A LOT of calls. What a fantastic sign!!!)

tickleddragon on August 29, 2006 at 10:07 AM

My vote is on Senator Byrd. More federal dollars have flown into that state per capita (I beleive) than any other.

gary on August 29, 2006 at 10:10 AM

…after how many layers of pancake makeup?

Shep’s still cuter, and younger.

I wonder how long it will take the blogisphere to find the senate culprit? Bets, anyone? I’m guessing by tomorrow.

pullingmyhairout on August 29, 2006 at 10:11 AM

Mean and gratuitous: am I the only one who sees a little Boris Karloff in Hume?

honora on August 29, 2006 at 10:12 AM

per TPM Muckraker: The confirmed no’s are now at 72, including both my picks (tasty crow; mmmm).

Kid from Brooklyn on August 29, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Rightmarch.com sent me e-mail asking me to go to this site, and send an e-mail request to my Senators. They also asked me to, “Tell your friends how they can help unmask the “Secret Senator” who’s blocking important pork-busting legislation!”, so I have done that here.

DannoJyd on August 29, 2006 at 3:20 PM