TO fined; gets earliest start yet on destroying his third NFL franchise

posted at 9:59 pm on August 28, 2006 by Bryan

I had to break out Flat Fatima for this one.

JJ, TO and FF

You can’t spell “trouble” without a T and an O. Can you? I didn’t think so.

Terrell Owens has finally pushed the Dallas Cowboys too far, drawing a $9,500 fine for missing a team meeting and a rehabilitation session and being late to an offensive meeting, The Dallas Morning News reported Sunday.

The incidents occurred Friday, the team’s final day preparing for a preseason game against San Francisco. The Cowboys beat the 49ers 17-7, making them 3-0 this preseason without Owens playing any of the games because of a hamstring injury that’s also kept him out of 19 of 31 practices since the start of training camp.

As if being a standard discipline problem wasn’t enough–and for Terrell Owens, it never is–he also took his first shot at the coach. The Big Tuna. Bill Parcells. That’s just not a good idea.

After returning to practice for several days, coach Bill Parcells ruled him out of a Monday night game and Owens hasn’t practiced since. He said he aggravated the injury because the club pushed him too hard. When Parcells said this week that he needs to see Owens on the field, T.O. responded that there’s 10 years of tape to show what he can do.

TO spent several years at the 49ers before destroying them. His Timeline Of Destruction at the Eagles was considerably shorter, but he did finish a complete season before wrecking that team (a team that deserved wrecking, if one ever did). But now he’s off to a flying start destroying the Cowboys and he hasn’t even played a game.

Comments

As an Eagle’s fan I can only say: If T.O. has to play somewhere, I’m just glad it’s in Dallas.

Tony737 on August 28, 2006 at 10:03 PM

Over/Under before Tuna starts referring to “the wide receiver” as “she” in pressers: 7 days. I’ll take the under.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 28, 2006 at 10:06 PM

And thanks for the occasional sports takes.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 28, 2006 at 10:07 PM

Funny–when TO went to Philly I distinctly remember thinking “If he has to play anywhere, I’m glad it’s there.”

And then we got him.

Don’t you guys want him back?

Bryan on August 28, 2006 at 10:13 PM

I’m a big Niners fan….I was never so happy in all my life to see them get rid of a player. I’m glad he went to Dallas, though…I find it ironic that he’d play for the team that he insulted so badly one year by doing a dance on their logo in mid-field. lol

Iowa Voice on August 28, 2006 at 10:30 PM

TO is the Dennis Rodman of professional football. Eventually all the NBA teams became fed up with the on and off court antics of the Worm and his me, me, me mentality.

The hour glass is running out on TO. Parcells won’t take his crap. Only one team left for TO after that ….. the Raidahs.

fogw on August 28, 2006 at 10:44 PM

Go ‘Skins!

Ian on August 28, 2006 at 10:49 PM

Yeah, the Raidahs. Who just signed Jeff George.

Put TO and Jeff George on the same team? That’s some crazy magic right there.

Bryan on August 28, 2006 at 10:52 PM

T.Oh., Jeff George, AND Randy Moss! Instead of a tight end in the huddle they’d need a shrink.

Labamigo on August 28, 2006 at 11:04 PM

I hate pro football. college is much better. hook’em. :)

pullingmyhairout on August 28, 2006 at 11:19 PM

And there’s this thing.

MacStansbury on August 29, 2006 at 12:55 AM

Don’t forget Sebastian Janikowski. They could use a warden too.

Pablo on August 29, 2006 at 5:10 AM

Million dollar ball players….

Does it get any better than this…

Remember when it was a game and not a business…

Remember when it was fun and not political…

I remember when T-Doh came to Philly, and I’m glad he left…

AND This is why I watch Collage Football. Cause it’s real…

Kini on August 29, 2006 at 6:05 AM

Couldn’t be as bad as the NBA though, all those felons.

Kini on August 29, 2006 at 6:07 AM

As a Giants fan, I can only hope after he decimates the Plowboys, that twit Little Danny Snyder brings him to DC to finish off the Deadskins.

JammieWearingFool on August 29, 2006 at 7:42 AM

I hope Da Bears don’t end up with him.

DannoJyd on August 29, 2006 at 8:54 AM

There will nver be another Tom Landry or Roger Staubach
for Dallas if the public there doesn’t speak up. I’d rather have a team of losers with class than a class of moral losers.

gary on August 29, 2006 at 10:05 AM

Ha ha ha. I have to tell hubby about this, since he is a Cowgirl fan. I laughed so hard when they got TO, I knew it would hit the fan sooner rather than later.

Having been born and raised in Washington my whole life, I am a very loyal Seahawk fan, and will just DIE if TO ever came up here. I shudder to think of it.

StephC on August 29, 2006 at 10:20 AM

JammieWearingFool:

You know, “Little Danny Snyder” may just sign him up. After all, he just made a deal for that other loser – Tom Cruise.
But we ‘Skins fans don’t need any egomaniacs to ruin out team – there ain’t much there to ruin!!

OBX Pete on August 29, 2006 at 10:28 AM

If they put up with TO’s crap, when he walks out onto the field the Dallas fans should stand up and walk right out of the stadium and hit the “Front Office” where it hurts; right in the concession stand.

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on August 29, 2006 at 10:43 AM

Is TO related to Jessie Owens? He kind of looks like him.
Good thing TO is such a good physical specimen. If he had to make a living with his head he would be on welfare or in jail. It will be fun to see the Tuna snap in a few weeks when he has dad enough.

Shmo on August 29, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Oh Look, a bunch of Cowboy haters, how shocking. NOT

“I’m going to do what I think is best for the Dallas Cowboys and this organization and my football team, and whatever opinion anyone else has is totally irrelevant to my line of thinking because they don’t have all the facts and I do. So I operate from a position of advantage.” -Bill Parcells

gradyman on August 29, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Bryan you made my week by using Flat Fatima!!! YEEEESSSSS!

As for Totally Overrated, you know someone’s getting paid too much when a $9,500 fine doesn’t cause a flinch.

Ever since he screwed the Niners (my favorite) I’ve considered him the albatross of the NFL. Hopefully he’ll get waterboy status until he realizes there’s no I in TEAM.

NTWR on August 29, 2006 at 1:33 PM

I can tell you one team that’d never sign T.O. the Steelers. There’s no way in hell that either Cowher OR Mr. Rooney would ever, EVER put up with his ridiculous, egotistic behavior. It’s a shame that Bill Parcells (a coach whom I admire) would have to put up with him (though I think it’s amusing that Jerry Jones has to deal w/him )

dalewalt on August 29, 2006 at 1:51 PM

Just calm down Big Bill new what he was getting and everyone said the same thing about Neon Deon and we won a Super Bowl. YOu know TO won’t pass down a chance to score a touchdown and look up to Jesus while standing in the middle of the Star! Though I think he should ask permission from the fans by putting his hands together and beg before he goes to the star!

Drtuddle on August 29, 2006 at 5:49 PM

Jerry Jones is an idiot. You see a train coming down the track, you don’t step in front of it. I sometimes feel sorry (well not that sorry..)for some of these athletes–they have some genetic advantage in terms of being able to run or jump or whatever–a skill useless outside of sports–they are identified as children and coddled from that day on. Never develop real life skills, often get taken to the cleaners by unsrupulous managers, hangers-on. You look at this T.O. character and what you see is an oversized spoiled child.

Feel sorry for Parcells and the Cowboy fans having to put up with this garbage.

More importantly: