Terror TV

posted at 4:13 am on August 28, 2006 by Bryan

Accused Hezbo TV guy Javed Iqbal
Iqbal search warrant (PDF)
Coalition Against Terrorist Media
Al Manar designated terrorist group
Beacon of Hatred * Blood libel
Al Manar soars * Survives

Download Vent for your iPod

Comments

Isn’t that special, in the paper today in Qatar the front page story is that Nazdeatha regrets kidnapping those Israeli Soldiers, maybe we can wait for his announcement that he regrets allowing this organization to recruit young murderers as well

I guess its a start

But I’m not holding my breath

EricPWJohnson on August 28, 2006 at 4:37 AM

That was a very informative and eye opening Vent. Thank you for the corroborating sources as well. While I am a vehement supporter of the First Amendment and Freedom of Expression/Speech, I also know that the First Amendment includes an exclusion to that right;

…that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence.

Yeah, I’d say that Al-Manar’s broadcasted television content falls within that exclusion. I am still amazed (and now duly reminded) that any government anywhere in the world would not only allow that pure unadulterated hate and incitement of children to kill themselves and murder others in the process to be broadcast, but also financially support and nurture such evil in such a way.

*On a side note… did anyone else watch the cartoon portion where the horse was running across a field(obviously and disgustingly directed precisely at impressionable children) more than once? Did I hear what I thought I heard? That was… very odd.

SilverStar830 on August 28, 2006 at 4:50 AM

Did I hear what I thought I heard? That was… very odd.

haha, I just did upon relistening… that is strange, I hope HA didn’t get had by someone with a spoof video.

By the way, is this the earliest Vent ever?

RightWinged on August 28, 2006 at 5:26 AM

Now rid of that guy, we need to focus on stopping the broadcasting of Al Jazeera in our homes.

chicagoray on August 28, 2006 at 6:46 AM

Good vent Michelle, and good to have you back. Hope you had a very relaxing vacation. Your substitutes were also outstanding, and did a very good job while you were away.

MalkinFan on August 28, 2006 at 8:03 AM

Bull—بول برعشيت

Welcome back MM. We missed you.

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on August 28, 2006 at 8:32 AM

Welcome back, Michelle!

Will we ever see the MSM report on this garbage? There’s so much of it out there, and MEMRI does such a great job of collecting it. People keep asking why they hate us, so why don’t they look for the answer in the muslims’ own words?

Pablo on August 28, 2006 at 8:46 AM

Welcome back, Michelle!

Pablo on August 28, 2006 at 8:46 AM

Over a hundred articles over the weekend on google. About half traditional media, the other web and int’l.

What about the internet in terms of terrorist propaganda?

honora on August 28, 2006 at 9:17 AM

Outrageous!

And there are people who firmly believe we can negotiate with these psycho-terrorists.

Winston Churchill had this to say about just such a scenario: “An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile hoping it will eat him last.”

Question is, Are we going to eliminate this crocodile of terrorism or simply continue to feed it?

Lawrence on August 28, 2006 at 9:40 AM

Actually, Lawrence, I think the idea at the UN and Europe, is that Isreal and the US get fed to the crocodile, so their pathetic little countries can be immune, at least until they are bred out of existence. I don’t think I’m being overly cynical. The terrorists have made their goals clear. It’s not just talk or hyperbole. They want to kill us. Yet, we talk to them, pretend like they’re just kidding. Basically, we’re like Ned Flanders. Think of the terrorists as a homicidal Homer Simpson. Instead of just borrowing our tools and telling us to shut up all the time, Homer comes over, beats up our children, kills our pets, and keeps tell us we’re next. Okey diddly dokey, Homerooni. Whatever you say. It’s depressing.
By the way, welcome back Michelle.

austinnelly on August 28, 2006 at 9:52 AM

This was absolutely disgusting. Was that really a TV show that depicted Jews as bloodthirsty savages who needed a Christian boys blood? Or was I just imagining it? This alone shows what a disgusting enemy we’re battling. I challenge anybody on the moonbat left to defend that type of show… free speech or not, can you imagine the uproar if someone were to broadcast that type of show with Christians demanding the blood of a Muslim boy?

I just can’t find the words to describe how utterly sickening this all is. Religion of Peace my a**.

Glad to have you back Michele!

dalewalt on August 28, 2006 at 10:04 AM

Over a hundred articles over the weekend on google.

I’m talking about reportage on the content, not on Iqbal’s arrest. I’m hoping to see the MSM show why al-Manar is designated as a terrorist outlet by highlighting the vile programming.

If you’ve seen any of that, please point me to it.

Pablo on August 28, 2006 at 10:18 AM

The AP article that was widely picked up described the content in some detail; Daily News here in NY had an editorial yesterday “All Terror All the Time”; CNN had a segment yesterday with scenes from the “Protocols”–child having throat slit by “Jews”. Slate had a big thing on this and other terrorist propaganda a while ago. Newsweek has had a couple of stories as has the New Yorker.

honora on August 28, 2006 at 10:38 AM

Keep hoping Pablo… do you really thing the MSM will waste any ink/bits reporting on why Al Manar is a terrorist outlet?

dalewalt on August 28, 2006 at 10:39 AM

That’s the kind of coverage I want to see, and lots of it. Did they show any Nasrallah speeches with the thousands of people chanting “America is the Great Satan” and “America is the enemy of Muslims”?

Print attention is nice, but America really needs to see these images. Maybe if the put them on the Today show…

Ya think? Ever?

Pablo on August 28, 2006 at 10:47 AM

dalewalt, did you see the Fauxtography scandal on the MSM?

I did. :-)

Bloggers are forcing their hand. It’s the end of the news as we know it, and I feel fine. (OK, it’s not the end yet, but “we’re heading for the end” doesn’t meter right.)

Pablo on August 28, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Welcome back from vacation, Michelle.

Thanks for this great and revealing vent.

Once again, you are helping to save lives and this country by providing vital information to us so that we can be aware of what the enemy is up to.

This probably is not the place to mention this, but in Pat Buchanan’s new book STATE OF EMERGENCY concerning the threat of illegal immigration, in the acknowledgements (page viii), Pat specifically mentions Michelle as bravely serving our country with distinction.

Whether it be dealing with terrorism, the excessive erosion process of hardcore liberalism, or the dangers of an out of control policy concerning immigration and illegal aliens, Michelle DOES INDEED serve our nation well.

The False Dervish on August 28, 2006 at 11:01 AM

And meanwhile, the Lamont/Kerry progressives over at the Democratic Underground say that all this domestic “terror talk” and stories about finding stuff in peoples luggage and liquid bomb talk garbage is ALL just right wing propaganda aimed at scaring the American public into voting for repukes.

Democrats new soon to be spokesman, DemoHawk, formally known as Bagdad Bob, will assure American voters just prior to the election that they have NOTHING to fear from those who actually practice the religion of Islam, and that if they would take the time necessary(a few years) to study and understand it, they would see the light and recognize it for the opportinity it offers all the worlds peoples.

NRA4Freedom on August 28, 2006 at 11:16 AM

Great Vent Michelle!

This is the content and presentation that makes Hot Air so special. The MSM rarely covers such items, especially in this detail and with this proof, but we can count on you to search these items out and show them clearly.

So good to have you back Michelle!

omegaram on August 28, 2006 at 11:16 AM

There has got to be a place for Michelles’ Vents nightly on National TV.

I know the MSM doesn’t get it: Circulation down, stock prices down, ratings down, layoffs up. And yet, the nitwits at CBS think that recycling “perky 55 year old” uber Liberal Katie is the answer.

C’mon Fox, if you think it’s worthwhile to add Beckel as a Fox contributor you can find a regular spot for Michelle.

there it is on August 28, 2006 at 11:45 AM

Welcome back Michelle! You were missed.

As for engaging in “media wars” – e.g., taking out enemy propaganda stations – what we’re seeing is the edge of the wedge on a couple of fronts: one being the increasing production sophistication of the enemy’s efforts (al Jazeera, al Arabiya, al Manara), the other being the increasingly transparent disingenuousness of the Western media when it comes to hiding their own agenda journalism.

The 21st Century is already one in which the objective truth will quite literally become “the first casualty” – it’s just going to keep getting harder and harder to figure out the BS from the reality, as the “objective” standard gives way to subtle and not-so-subtle attempts to mold opinions based faked and manipulated imagery.

Spurius Ligustinus on August 28, 2006 at 12:26 PM

Welcome back Michelle. The scariest thing for me was that stupid cartoon. While our kids are watching Sesame Street & Barney, these kids watching Al Manar get to see cartoons about giving your life for Allah. Nothing like indoctrinating them young. Of course the same libs who praise the creativity of things like that are the first ones who scream and yell about toy guns in a store or any games that military recruiters would give out to kids.

Catie96706 on August 28, 2006 at 12:57 PM

Catie96706 on August 28, 2006 at 12:57 PM

Whoa there!! Please give examples of “libs” praising the creativity (?) of cartoons extolling the idea of kids giving their lives for Allah? Really, at some point it’s time for a reality check.

honora on August 28, 2006 at 1:26 PM

A generation of terrorist. The cartoons embolden the children.

Of course, Tom and Jerry cartoons are going through PC editing cause somebody smoked a cigarette.

Kini on August 28, 2006 at 2:09 PM

More importantly, dalewalt, this blood libel was aired in prime time on an evening of Ramadan. Since everybody gets together to have that meal together once the sun sets and it’s legal to do so, there’s a, dare I say, monstrous audience at such a time. Think of the time slot right after the Super Bowl to get a feel for share a program at that time would expect.

The Monster on August 28, 2006 at 2:50 PM

That rally reminded me of the rallies at Nuremburg … such are the times we live in.

thirteen28 on August 28, 2006 at 3:09 PM

Well Honora, have you talked to any film students lately? I have the misfortune to have a cousin who goes to the UCLA Film School and he talks about how creative these people (the cartoonsist) are. He’s also a rabid lib who whines about the games that military recruiters have to “entice children into the government killing machine”. He’s actually my Godchild so I feel ike I still have to keep in touch with this clown as his mother is my Godmother and she still sends gifts and all to my kids quite frequently.

Catie96706 on August 28, 2006 at 5:41 PM

Just to express something that has been bouncing in my head since I saw this really distressing set of images earlier today…what was the audience reaction supposed to be when the Christian boy had his throat slit by the Jewish elder? I mean, your average Islamo-fascist is probably sitting there saying..why’s he stopping with the throat? You get a lot more blood when you take a whole Christian head..plus you have a nice infidel soccer ball when you’re done with the recruitment video. I mean, the only people who would be outraged by that image is Christians, Jews, and moderage muslims, none of whom are the target audience. The target audience are the ones who think Sheikh Nashralla is the new Green Lantern. I mean, not to be retentive, but wouldn’t that show have been a bit more offensive to the target audience if they had killed a muslim boy? Or am I missing something obvious?

austinnelly on August 28, 2006 at 8:37 PM

I thought I would pass on this informative site Answering Islam Although it was developed to introduce muslims to the ideas of Christianity, it is filled with extensive resources about islam that are including a translation of an authoritative (in the Muslim world) book on the punishments for apostasy, in the section ‘Under Islamic Rule’.

Interesting chapter: “The Problem of the Apostate’s Execution from a Legal Perspective”

Reading the arguments in this text gives a connect to the inner islamist.

Know that which you are up against. Kids can watch this stuff all day – especially if their parents use the V-chip

entagor on August 28, 2006 at 10:23 PM

There has got to be a place for Michelles’ Vents nightly on National TV.

there it is on August 28, 2006 at 11:45 AM

A perfect slot would be to replace the Britt Hume show’s mid-point 2-min. political gossip (the grapevine), which we all know from Drudge by then, with something substantive or occasionally light, Michelle’s (or her guests’) vents.

Entelechy on August 28, 2006 at 10:41 PM

Uh oh… Michelle just rebroadcast Al Manar here at Hot Air. Does that mean that Israel can order an air strike on Rackspace Managed Hosting?

Mark Jaquith on August 29, 2006 at 2:09 AM