Marines forcing Saddam to watch South Park movie

posted at 4:36 pm on August 28, 2006 by Allahpundit

I’m late to this and have nothing to add except to agree with Bill: it is, indeed, the greatest thing ever.

All right, I’ll add one more thing just to get the ball rolling for Sullivan. Article 13, Andrew. Okay? Don’t say the Malkin family never did anything for you. Although … South Park is Sully’s favorite show, isn’t it? Perhaps, given his fondness for the show and the enormity of Saddam’s crimes, he’ll be inclined to construe this one “narrowly.”

Here’s a clip from the movie to give those who’ve never seen it a taste of the flavor. The relevant part comes right at the beginning. Strong strong strong content warning.

Comments

Hehehe, although I’m not sure that Parker and Stone are really to be considered impeccable sources on this, are they?

Mr. Bingley on August 28, 2006 at 4:54 PM

OK, that’s possibly the most AWESOME thing EVER!

Can we make Kim Jong Il watch Team America too?!

jwookie on August 28, 2006 at 4:58 PM

It’s too good to check.

Allahpundit on August 28, 2006 at 5:00 PM

It’s too good to check.

That’s right. Let’s just file this under the “potentially faked but hopefully true” category.

Rosetta on August 28, 2006 at 5:11 PM

You’re right. It’s perfect as is. I may watch it again tonight to celebrate.

(Bingley bursts into song)

Weeeeeeelllll, Kyle’s mom is a big…

Mr. Bingley on August 28, 2006 at 5:12 PM

Is Hussein considered a prisoner of war, entitled to the protection of the GC? Hmmm, I wonder. If he is, then the marines should be careful. If not, then to hell with Southpark, lets get on with the medical experiments.

THeDRiFTeR on August 28, 2006 at 5:22 PM

Do you think someone translates for him? Or does he speak English?

mikeyboss on August 28, 2006 at 5:23 PM

I love South Park even though there is a lot of profanity which I generally cannot stand. I guess AI, CAIR & the ACLU will be upset with this as it may constitute a violation of the GC. However, Saddam should be flattered since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Catie96706 on August 28, 2006 at 5:35 PM

And let’s not forget, Saddam doinks Satan. I mean, he da’ man! He should be honored!

Mr. Bingley on August 28, 2006 at 5:39 PM

Trey and Matt are fantastic. I’m tempted to name my first born son after one of them.

Before I knew much about politics, South Park was my favorite show. Some hard core libs I know watch it faithfully, which is amazingly ironic. South Park systematically deconstructs regressive dogma (“progressive ideals”) brilliantly.

It could change the future! Maybe it already has! The Stevie Nicks Afghanistan show was hilarious.

NTWR on August 28, 2006 at 6:09 PM

Unless he learned English in captivity, which is doubtful

Talk English to Me. Rather also wasted air time in prodding the dictator to speak a little English. “Mr. President, I hope you will take this question in the spirit in which it’s asked. First of all, I regret that I do not speak Arabic. Do you speak any English at all?” When Saddam said he could understand some English, Rather insisted: “Well, would you speak some English for me? Anything you choose?” They joked about liking coffee, but Saddam refused: “Our language is Arabic.”

Entelechy on August 28, 2006 at 6:38 PM

Of those two, my vote goes to Matt. Less teasing for the boy. Although Parker and Stone each has its own appeal.

mikeyboss on August 28, 2006 at 6:44 PM

Um … did Ian post-edit the Emmy/Airplane crash skit post and remove the comments on purpose? Hmmmm.

The

“and yes, we’re aware of the Lost parody”

line was not in the original post.

No big deal, but just thought it was odd being that it’s the only post that somehow lost all the comments, which for the most part, did not agree that it was in bad taste.

I still don’t think it was in bad taste. It was specifically related to a television show about a plane crash, for an awards show for television, obviously completed long before the real plane crash earlier that morning.

Just wondering

Gregor on August 28, 2006 at 6:47 PM

I don’t have to watch that vid; I remember very well the first time I saw it. I actually had the sense to preemptively cover my eyes, till the guy next to me went, “Oh my GOD!” and I reflexively looked. Aieeeeee.

Anwyn on August 28, 2006 at 6:56 PM

Well taken, mikeyboss. Stone reminds me of Stone Phillips though, is it just me or does that guy look like a hand-puppet the way he moves?

And Gregor’s right about the plane scene IMO.

NTWR on August 28, 2006 at 7:02 PM

If they really want to torture him, they should pop in a DVD of Family Guy.

Jim Treacher on August 28, 2006 at 7:04 PM

If they really want to torture him, they should pop in a DVD of Family Guy.

Amen to that.

About the comments of the Emmy thing … why *are* comments closed on that one?

Anwyn on August 28, 2006 at 7:05 PM

/puts on his liberal Media hat…

Even if not a fact… it must be true….

Romeo13 on August 28, 2006 at 7:08 PM

Best. Torture. Ever.

Pablo on August 28, 2006 at 7:21 PM

I watched earlier and had to go back to wurk but gee how perfect is THIS? Forcing Saddam (pronouced Sa DAMN! just to annoy the old monster!) to view something that ridicules him relentlessly is PRICELESS..let’s make a commercial! *lol*
I dont watch SPark weekly but I was coerced into the movie because I love my husband..and it was very very funny!

labwrs on August 28, 2006 at 9:19 PM

jwookie stole my idea! Once we capture ‘Lil Kim, force him to watch Team America over and over again. It’ll keep him company in his cell … ’cause, you know, he’s ronery.

Tony737 on August 28, 2006 at 9:28 PM

How long until the ACLU sues citing “torture?”

mojojojo on August 29, 2006 at 8:58 AM

Fear not, Saddam apologists – I’m sure that very soon our Marine Corps brass will have these Marines taken to Camp Pendleton where they will be shackled and placed in solitary confinement while a bunch of overzealous JAGs pour over the UCMJ and Geneva Convention looking for something, anything, for which they can prosecute these Marines.

thirteen28 on August 29, 2006 at 12:51 PM