Bush lied, JonBenet died? (Update: Absurdly biased AFP photo series added)

posted at 10:36 pm on August 21, 2006 by Allahpundit

Texas Rainmaker finds the smoking gun.

jonbenet.jpg

Seth Brigham, of the Rocky Mountain Peace Center, holds up a sign about JonBenet Ramsey, Iraq and Lebanon, in front of a courthouse in Boulder, Colo., Monday, Aug. 21, 2006, in anticipation of a court hearing of John Mark Karr.

On a hunch, I did a Google search for “Seth Brigham” and got this:

Dear FRONTLINE,

There are no easy answers. That would be an understatement.

From personal experience I can tell you that state mental hospitals are prisons unto themselves. I have never been convicted of a crime and have always volunteered for mental health treatment and yet I have found myself imprisoned and in isolation for many days on end.

I fear the mental health system. Frontline should investigate further. Where can the impoverished mentally go and receive quality treatment???

Seth Brigham
Boulder, Colorado

Must be a coincidence.

As for Bush, I think he’s in the clear. We’ve got a much better lead on this one.

sketch1.jpg

Update: I was cruising around on the Yahoo News photo wire and stumbled upon this masterpiece of anti-Bush caricature:

pjr5.jpg

Taken by Paul J. Richards of Agence France Presse. Impressed by his shamelessness, I ran a search on his name to see what else he’d come away with from the press conference today. I got four more hits. Here’s the whole batch.

pjr3.jpg

pjr2.jpg

pjr4.jpg

pjr1.jpg

My curiosity piqued, I went over to Getty to see if there were any Richards photos on the wire there.

And indeed there were.

I can only show the thumbnails; click for the full-size.

pdr-getty2.jpg

pdr-getty6.jpg

pdr-getty7.jpg

pdr-getty1.jpg

pdr-getty3.jpg
(Note: The above is similar, but not identical, to the photo from the Yahoo News wire. Click to see what’s different.)

pdr-getty5.jpg

pdr-getty4.jpg

The last two are to my eye identical to each other and to the super close-up from the Yahoo wire. Which means they cut the same shot three different times to make him look increasingly sinister and grotesque.

And that’s it. That’s the totality of Paul J. Richards’s work product today as of this writing.

Eh. I can’t even get mad anymore. It’s enough just to catch them and file it away.

Comments

Speaking of “Bush” and “liars” (and “Blair” and “failures”), check out Gateway Pundit’s piece on Google’s latest antic:

Unbelievable.

tommy1 on August 21, 2006 at 10:49 PM

Sorry, a better link is this:

tommy1 on August 21, 2006 at 10:50 PM

The looney libs are just as much a death cult as Islam.

speed647 on August 21, 2006 at 10:55 PM

Tommy1- Google ad policies and ranking policies and ‘guarantees’ should make this illegal, find a lawyer and the loophole to sue.

Seth Brigham is ADMITTEDLY CRAZY, sadly he is in Colorado.

Paul J. Richards is easily the worst photographer in the country. Anyone can make bad pictures, is someone actually paying this wannabe?

shooter on August 21, 2006 at 11:47 PM

Just in case you might want to let him know how his work makes you feel….

paul.richards@afp.com

He’s credentialed out of France: Agence France-Presse

shooter on August 21, 2006 at 11:57 PM

Allah, catching and exposing them is sweeter than getting mad.

If only they could see their lack of professionalism. I can’t believe someone pays these people.

I caught most of the President’s newsconf. repeat on C-Span. He was pretty good. It’s amazing how some days he can communicate very well. He was so eloquent in discussing his steadfastness, when asked if he is so just to ‘stick’ it to the adversaries. First he said all the PC things and then he ended with “…but yeah, I don’t care what the pols are”. He also looked more rested and together. On Friday he looked so beat up that I worried.

Helen Thomas, on the other hand, looked tired and beat. I think she goes to these events because she fears the reaper will visit if she stays at home these days.

Entelechy on August 22, 2006 at 12:09 AM

Cool hat.

Jim Treacher on August 22, 2006 at 12:46 AM

Yikes, those pics are almost as good as that “Bush or Chimp” site, in terms of the photographer’s masterful choice of the most simian-looking shots of the day. I should get him to do my wedding photos.

Potential caption: “Do you take this woo-ooh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh! to be your wife? Rattle your cage for ‘yes.’”

Mark Jaquith on August 22, 2006 at 3:25 AM

Catch and release?

It’s a good policy. Let them grow up first. They make better trophies that way.

The Apologist on August 22, 2006 at 4:33 AM

Who is that sketch supposed to be? (Besides Boo Radley.)

Tanya on August 22, 2006 at 7:35 AM

Well IMHO Karr is a ringer for that goofy high pants character Martin Short played on SNL.

honora on August 22, 2006 at 9:07 AM

honora,

Ed Grimley?

mikeyboss on August 22, 2006 at 10:08 AM

honora,

Ed Grimley?

mikeyboss on August 22, 2006 at 10:08 AM

Yeah, that’s him!!! Something creepy I heard on the news this AM: Dr Lee (ex or current LA coroner, think that’s his name) in reaction to hearing that JonB’s undies had DNA not her own on them, went out and purchase a package of girls panties. He tested them and found DNA on them! Great, now even buying new undies is creepy.

honora on August 22, 2006 at 10:46 AM

Great, now even buying new undies is creepy.

Reason #891 to go commando.

mikeyboss on August 22, 2006 at 11:22 AM

Jim Treacher:

Cool hat.

Jim, Jim, Jim… I agree that old beat up cowboy hats can be cool (almost always on old beat up cowboys) but that’s a horrible knock off. You can buy that guy’s hat at Target. His looks like it’s about twenty minutes old. Hat’s should get that way by age and use, not from a machine folding them.

High Desert Wanderer on August 22, 2006 at 11:28 AM

I know the media is really smart, but…

Why would John Karr, a guy that has written a paper on JonBenet, obsessed over her for 5 years, and studied details of the case, say that he drugged her and she died accidentally. Just asking…

Also, the talking heads have been saying for days that Karr’s DNA will be the answer. I have been hearing that there was DNA under the fingernails and on her clothes. Do these 2 DNA samples match each other? Just asking…

faraway on August 22, 2006 at 11:54 AM

I know the media is really smart, but…

faraway on August 22, 2006 at 11:54 AM

Karr apparently tried to insinuate himself into the Polly Klaus (sp?) case as well. Pretty clear he’s delusional.

honora on August 22, 2006 at 1:07 PM

He’s not delusional.

He knows the facts of the case like the back of his hand. Yet he purposefully gave info that contradicts those facts.

faraway on August 22, 2006 at 1:52 PM

from the last paragraph of the link found here.

Million has since completely banned Brigham from Penny Lane, which is fine with Brigham, although he now says he regrets his actions. “I’m an obstinate person. I’m a provocateur, I admit. But I didn’t deserve to be assaulted.”

Uh huh.

THeDRiFTeR on August 22, 2006 at 2:36 PM

Well, I like it.

Jim Treacher on August 22, 2006 at 2:43 PM

What are you to do with people who can’t learn from their errors?
This from the Brigham link: “Upon impact, Brigham fell through the door and into the restaurant, where an employee was meditating.” Restaurant employees meditating at work? Talk about a low-key place!
Re. Karr: Read a story about a Thai sex change surgeon who met with Karr on four different occassions and it was stated that the nutjob had already undergone laser hir removal.

thegreatbeast on August 22, 2006 at 4:08 PM