Money shots: AP, Reuters document cash-handout propaganda

posted at 5:38 pm on August 18, 2006 by Allahpundit

It’s like the run on the savings and loan in “It’s a Wonderful Life,” if George had been peeling off hundreds from an Iranian bankroll instead of using his honeymoon money.

Snapped Shots has the whole series. Note the references in the captions to the crispness of the bills and the fact that Hezbollah is backed by Iran. They know exactly what’s going on here and at whose behest it’s being done. My favorites:

handout1.jpg

Just to make sure you know whose currency they’re using. And:

handout2.jpg

How long do you think they held that position? Over/under is five seconds.

Exit question: was the money real or fake?

Update: A North Korean connection?

Comments

Maybe it’s the Nork counterfeit.

JammieWearingFool on August 18, 2006 at 5:40 PM

I’ll take the Over 5 seconds, for a nickel. The hand-er is staring straight down, damn near aslee &, the handee’s head is shiny from sweat.

Isnt there news about North Korea printing our green backs?

They all (except the head-covered crowd) look like deserving Hizbollah fighters homeless to me.

shooter on August 18, 2006 at 6:08 PM

reminds me of a joke…forgot the PEE! ’cause its runnin down yous leg.

shooter on August 18, 2006 at 6:11 PM

I just saw the same or similar VIDEO on FOX…

According to that they are handing out US $12,000 in crisp new hundred dollar bills to every family ‘displaced’ PLUS offering to rebuild their homes.

I’ll admit to wondering if it is counterfeit money too, and WHY they are passing out US money, not the local stuff… and if it is counterfeit, who is going to end up ‘holding the bag’? Not US (U.S.)I hope

If it IS real money and they are telling the truth about handing it out to every family displaced (That would be hundreds of millions in cash), I wonder where it came from. I realize that Iran has oodles of money, but that much cash available to hand out on short notice?

LegendHasIt on August 18, 2006 at 6:26 PM

Apparently Ahmi’s convictions only go so far:

In July Iran will ditch the dollar in favour of the euro as the currency in which it will accept payments for its oil and natural gas exports, Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced…

Those burqas are spooky!

Entelechy on August 18, 2006 at 7:18 PM

Yes, I saw this the morning on Fox when they were discussing the quick funds going from Hezbos hands to the hands of those who need it. No one mentioned it, I think Gibson was on & Dana Lewis was doing the piece. It was pretty early out here (about 530 when it ran) and since neither mentioned it, I thought I was imagining it. Wonder where those Ben Franklins came from?

Catie96706 on August 18, 2006 at 9:40 PM

I have seen merchants test bills by drawing on them with a special felt tip marker that supposedly shows whether they are counterfeit or not. We should flood Lebanon with these markers. If the locals discover the bills are fake, Hezbollah’s credibility is damaged. If it turns out that the bills are real, our goverment needs to do some serious work tracing serial numbers.

cool breeze on August 19, 2006 at 8:46 AM

What do you think we use to pay for our oil? Monopoly money?

These guys are smart, evil, but smart.

honora on August 19, 2006 at 10:57 AM

Anybody got change for Lil’ Richard?

How ironic Hezbo is handing out U.S. currency. $12,000 means they’re handing out 120 Ben Franklins a pop.

Assuming, it’s NOT counterfeit, it’s unlikely the recipients of the cash could make a deposit @ the neighborhood bank or atm.

Although, from a previous Allah post,

Hizbollah said it had so far given the one-time cash payment to 120 families whose homes in the southern suburbs of Beirut were destroyed in Israeli air strikes. The money is to help families rent and furnish alternative accommodation.

Money is supposed to fungible, i.e. it can be spent on anything.

So what if the families need “staple” items such as food and water.

Who’s making change for all the Ben Franklins, Hezbo is so “graciously” handing out?

So, for about $1.5 USD (assuming it’s NOT counterfeit: 120 families x $12,000 = $1.44 M), Mahmoud, Nasrallah & Co. have outmaneuvered Olmert in the PR war. Again.

Sigh… We’re in the long haul.

(fyi, Little Richard was Ben Franklin’s pen name, and it’s BF’s mug on the hun’ed dollah bill)

p.s. Thanks Allah for hooking me up, so that I could post the comment I emailed you!

p.p.s. Is there a Preview Comment Button I can’t find?

zb42 on August 19, 2006 at 12:55 PM

Actually, Iran demands EUROS for oil now, not U$ dollar$.

Sure, they used to have huge piles of dollar$, but when Ahmadinejad decided he wanted to personally usher in Armageddon he started converting Iran’s dollar accounts all over the world.

LegendHasIt on August 20, 2006 at 11:53 PM

This may be a dumb queston, but…aren’t the new hundred dollar bill multi-colored now? These look like the old style.

bopbottle on August 22, 2006 at 5:13 AM

zb42, wasn’t Franklin’s pen name Poor Richard…not enough makeup for Little Richard…:) and I agree bopbottle, unless these are freshly printed or tucked away for a while.

jcon96 on August 22, 2006 at 8:29 PM