Video: Divorce, American style

posted at 10:31 am on August 15, 2006 by Allahpundit

Gotta break up the monotony of all those war posts somehow.

A marriage crumbles — and you are there. Click the image to watch.

vader-wife.jpg

Bonus when-love-goes-wrong link: Mild content warning, but here’s what’s number one on Google Video as I write this. Appropriate for linking? I think so. But then, this ain’t my blog.

The title should be “Man Sets Girlfriend’s Pants On Fire.”

Gratuitous Snakes on a Plane link: If you haven’t seen the trailer(s) yet, now’s your chance. Not as kitschy as I expected, alas.

Fauxtography? Jim Treacher thinks the Google Video clip was staged.

I think he’s right.

Comments

I dont even know where to begin..boys *sigh*
It would have been much better had she been standing there with a frying pan when he chased her around the corner and WHACKED him in the face!

labwrs on August 15, 2006 at 10:38 AM

The title should be “Man Sets Girlfriend’s Pants On Fire.”

Or “This Was Totally Staged.”

Jim Treacher on August 15, 2006 at 10:51 AM

He stopped the tape before showing her kicking him in the nuts and beating his geeky little star wars ass to a pulp with his own light saber. Now that would have been worth watching!

Mallard T. Drake on August 15, 2006 at 10:52 AM

Or “This Was Totally Staged.”

Har. You question whether he ass touching a hot stove for half a second would inspire that reaction?

Allahpundit on August 15, 2006 at 10:53 AM

Totally staged? You mean like a certain dance on a Caribbean island beach (with no music) for the benefit of photographers in the distance to prove hubby and wife were still lovey-dovey even though no one believed it?

pjcomix on August 15, 2006 at 11:32 AM

That and the bad acting.

Jim Treacher on August 15, 2006 at 11:51 AM

RE: “Divorce” clip. I have to believe there were issues here LONG before “This is the night that you die”…And a whole new set of them after.

Personally, I’d really like to know what she followed that up with the next time numbnuts needed a wake-up call. I’m guessing an alarm clock just wasn’t going to cut it.

52Ranger on August 15, 2006 at 11:57 AM

That guy breathed too fast for Vader.

Anwyn on August 15, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Well, his wife was hot, I would breath fast too if I were in her bedroom

Wyrd on August 15, 2006 at 12:58 PM

Wait, staged as in not a real burn, they’re both acting? Doubt it – otherwise that’s an oscar-worthy “my ass is on fire”. (more likely) he staged it to see what happens when his girlfriend’s rear end sits on a grill. Then again his reax seemed genuine too, so I wonder if they were filming for some other purpose (ahem).

BillLalor on August 15, 2006 at 4:02 PM

That Darth Vader gag wouldn’t fly at my house. I’d be lucky if my wife didn’t shoot me before she realized it was me. It would be a miracle if she didn’t shoot me after she realized it was me.

High Desert Wanderer on August 15, 2006 at 4:45 PM

I’m with High Desert Wanderer, my wife not only would of shot me, but reloaded at least once before taking what was left of me to a hospital… by way of an attorney.

E L Frederick on August 15, 2006 at 5:05 PM

Dear Allahpundit:

Nothing good can ever come out of fakery for fakery’s sake.

Warm Regards,

Salam Daher

Kid from Brooklyn on August 15, 2006 at 5:13 PM

I hope I’ve seen the damned flicks enough times that I’d have some presence of mind even upon being awakened out of sound sleep. Presence of mind enough to beat the tar out of whatever idiot I married who thought that’d be a funny idea. Cuz I don’t own a gun.

Anwyn on August 16, 2006 at 3:11 AM