Green Helmet admits to pimping death

posted at 8:20 pm on August 15, 2006 by Allahpundit

Not to staging scenes. Just to making it easier for people like Adnan Hajj to get spank material for Al Jazeera.

The 20-year veteran civil defense worker said he shows dead children to photographers to make clear that Israeli airstrikes killed young Lebanese during the monthlong conflict. Some Internet bloggers have accused him of setting up photos and of treating the dead insensitively.

In one photograph, taken after an Israeli airstrike hit a building in the village of Qana, Daher held a dead infant over his head. The boy’s blue pacifier was pinned to his nightshirt.

“I did hold the baby up, but I was saying ‘look at who the Israelis are killing. They are children,’” Daher said. “These are not fighters. They have no guns. They are children, civilians they are killing.’ ”

He said he had no regrets and he made no apologies. “I wanted people to see who was dying. They said they were killing fighters. They killed children.”

Does Kathy Gannon, who wrote the article (and who also happens to be the AP’s bureau chief in Iran), know about the video of him directing cameramen at Qana? Yes, she does:

One Web site posted video purporting to show Daher arranging to have the body of a child taken off an ambulance and displayed for photographers.

Did she get him to comment on it?

No, she did not.

Comments

Maybe this guy is originally from Transylvania…

speed647 on August 15, 2006 at 8:29 PM

Fair enough, but did you do the same with the dead Hezbollah terrorists? Certainly someone would have liked to see those as well…

DannoJyd on August 15, 2006 at 8:35 PM

He may admit to pimping photos, but that’s the lesser of his evils. What the Yahoo! news article failed to reveal is that he staged photos.

BrunoMitchell on August 15, 2006 at 8:43 PM

“Look! They killed our children before we even had the chance to strap bombs around their chests & send them into Israeli restaurants! Have they no conscience?!”

Oh the humanity. [/sarcasm]

Coronagold on August 15, 2006 at 9:31 PM

“I don’t know what you heard about me/ but you can’t stage a bombin’ without me/ No IDF, no Jews, you can’t see?/ That I’m a mutha-****** P.I.M.P.”

There’s your soundtrack, kids. Montagemania, anyone?

Kid from Brooklyn on August 15, 2006 at 9:35 PM

LMAO @ Coronagold!

speed647 on August 15, 2006 at 9:40 PM

I imagine “Death Pimp” ought to go on his official Hez business card…

RD on August 15, 2006 at 10:00 PM

Remember Al-Jazzera broadcasting the Iraq war II? Claiming that the Americans are suffering a humiliating defeat as our tanks roll into Baghdad. Who would have thought that was just business as usual for the Arab media?

Theworldisnotenough on August 15, 2006 at 10:16 PM

“I did hold the baby up”..that says it all. “Death Pimp” is correct but I have a few more adjectives for him that simply are not printable in polite society.
As for the AP Bureau Chief who is defending him..I saw her pic..DHIMMIE to the MAX.

labwrs on August 15, 2006 at 10:44 PM

“I did hold the baby up, and I did direct the photographers to take good and numerous pictures. And I did pose for AP reporter wearing blue, instead of my normal green. And I did go to Baghdad Bob Jones University. But I did not have sex with that woman–*pounds podium*–Mzzzz Lewinsky.”

Bellicose Muse on August 16, 2006 at 1:55 AM

does anyone have pictures of Green Helmet holding pictures of dead Israeli children killed by Hezbollah?

Wade on August 16, 2006 at 9:11 AM

Dead babies do kill over there. Sometimes they stuff them with explosives and leave the body in an E.R.

Sometimes, they put explosives in their formulas and book them on airlines

I feel so sorry for the babies of that culture. They cannot even be dead in peace.

entagor on August 16, 2006 at 3:05 PM

I’m sure Green Helmet spends his non-fauxtographed time shooting Katyusha rockets at Israel.

Rick on August 16, 2006 at 4:03 PM