The look of love

posted at 12:02 pm on August 14, 2006 by Allahpundit

Yeah, I don’t know. Doesn’t look like a dagger to me.

chavez-castro2.jpg

And here’s something attractive to go above the fireplace.

chavez-castro3.jpg

The earth cries out for a photoshop. Go!

Update: Pierre Trudeau’s son Alexandre wants some of that “dagger” action too.

Update: Greg Tinti answers the bell:

saintcindy.jpg

Comments

Now that is what I call a Phallic symbol!

CrazyFool on August 14, 2006 at 12:14 PM

Either Chavez and Castro are men of immense physical stature, or Ahmedinijad is shorter than I’d assumed.

yo on August 14, 2006 at 12:27 PM

All these pics of Fidel are reminding me of Weekend At Bernie’s for some reason.

pjcomix on August 14, 2006 at 12:41 PM

is that the same “dagger” he has been using on bent over Cubans for over 40 years?

Wyrd on August 14, 2006 at 12:42 PM

How nice of Chavez to share the source of el comandante’s, uh, intestinal bleeding with us.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 14, 2006 at 1:19 PM

How ironic, a has-been dictator and a wanna-be world leader in their attire of brilliant red …. menace …. commies.

Raul on the other hand, looks like an institutionalized dementia patient with a magic wand and a clock glued to the back of his head.

fogw on August 14, 2006 at 1:32 PM

Kid from Brooklyn, you’re always clever :)

First picture – two nuts and one phallus in between or two phalli and one unidentified object.

Second picture – Raul looks like Hitler in the nut house, surrounded by his brother and son, the picture being the toy of the moment.

The upside – uncle Fidel doesn’t look like he’s going to sprint any time soon, if ever.

Entelechy on August 14, 2006 at 1:53 PM

Hugo: “I wish I could quit you, Fidel”

Number 2 on August 14, 2006 at 2:06 PM

An old joke, given new life:

“Why hasn’t Raul been seen in public much lately since fidel’s surgery?”

“He can’t bear to leave his brothers behind.”

thankyouverymuch

Scott P on August 14, 2006 at 2:16 PM

SEEEEEECRETTTT LOOOOOOVERSS

Defector01 on August 14, 2006 at 2:31 PM

Brokeback Island?

Kid from Brooklyn on August 14, 2006 at 2:52 PM

Third picture, three nuts and one dumb broad, who’s also nuts, in a room in the asylum.

Entelechy on August 14, 2006 at 3:01 PM

Forgot to tell you that the object, to the left of Fidel, is the mic to Hell. He uses it to inform the attendants there when to ready the shovels for his arrival.

Entelechy on August 14, 2006 at 3:06 PM

He looks way, way, dead in these pictures…Plus-what’s with the toy Fidel in the background?

WriterMom on August 14, 2006 at 4:14 PM

…by the way, the “Brokeback” reference runs a bit deeper than I originally thought. The Kid from Brooklyn trolls through official commie media, so you don’t have to.

FROM VENEZUELA, LOVE TO FIDEL

CARACAS.—Telephone calls, words of encouragement and thousands of cards from intellectuals, revolutionaries and the people, formed a spontaneous expression of the affection of Bolívar’s nation for Fidel, on the occasion of his 80th birthday.

Some of those messages were compiled in a program called “Love is Paid with Love,” and handed over to a representation from the island’s embassy in the Museum of Fine Arts in this city. Also announced was a manifesto signed by ministers, deputy ministers, governors and intellectuals, who congratulated the Cuban president and spoke out against any aggression from the empire. (Ronald Suárez Rivas, special correspondent).

And, we now know that Chavez has written Fidel-fetishistic poetry.

“Buenas noches historia/ agranda tus puertas historia/ porque estamos entrando con Fidel a caballo…”.

Which, loosely and unpoetically translated, means, “Good evening History, open your gates wide, because we are riding in on horseback with Fidel”.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 14, 2006 at 4:37 PM

Kid, the poetry should read like this, really:

Buenas noches infierno
Agranda tus puertas infierno
Porque estamos entrando con Fidel a caballo

Entelechy on August 14, 2006 at 5:07 PM

I think that first picture is something they plan on using with the woman in the third picture. Commie three-somes can get jiggy.

Hening on August 14, 2006 at 5:42 PM

WriterMom, I checked out the link – he looks dead to me. Just check out all the pictures. Only in the first picture AP displayed, it looks like they moved his head toward the right. In all the others it tilts to the left.

Again, I’m no expert. My novice eye also tells me that the same grin is displayed in all the pictures, identical.

Expertise analysis is called for. I wouldn’t put anything past Chavez’ propaganda machine.

Entelechy on August 14, 2006 at 5:46 PM

The guy is dead already. I dont know how long you can pose a dead guy, but perhaps he has a “double” like Saddam.

gary on August 14, 2006 at 5:55 PM

Of course he’s dead. The Granma pics were probably taken pre-surgery, same as the Chavez lovefest-before the rectal bleeding got really bad, and pre-transition. And that’s why Raulito hasn’t been trotted out there yet. I don’t want to draw rolled eyes. But think about it.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 14, 2006 at 6:10 PM

The Look
of love–
is in
your eyes–
The look that time
cant deny-

lizzee on August 14, 2006 at 8:30 PM

Are they filming a remake of the old Jeremy Irons movie, Dead Ringers?

Paul Atreides on August 14, 2006 at 10:48 PM

to avoid making an obvious sick joke about the first photo… I’ll make a bit more of an obscure reference with this line:

“I smell your lightsaber”

Who else knows where that’s from?

RightWinged on August 14, 2006 at 11:49 PM

Entelechy

His face looks really embalmed and made up-with a rosy glow and everything. I think also that in one photo his fingers were clamped halfway-like rigormortis-ish…

WriterMom on August 15, 2006 at 9:55 AM

Are they filming a remake of the old Jeremy Irons movie, Dead Ringers?

For a second, I misread that as a “Ron Jeremy” movie.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 15, 2006 at 4:51 PM

Looking at that stick I had to put down my Cheetos.

The stick was a dirty trick to divert your attention form the photo. Am I wrong? Chavez has two distinct shadows in the stick shot, a broad faint shadow, and a dark intense shadow just behnd him from a less angled light. Shouldn’t Castro also have the same dark intense narrow shadow directly to the right on the wall behind his head or the pillow?

That stick looks worn out. I hope they bury him with it.

entagor on August 15, 2006 at 7:34 PM

Second thought, send the stick to Alexandre Trudeau to add to his collection.

entagor on August 15, 2006 at 7:37 PM

…an extremely rare condition called penile duplication or diphallus…

and an unidentified object