Video: Pinkerton defends LGF, bloggers on Fox News Watch

posted at 8:13 pm on August 12, 2006 by Allahpundit

And lo, it came to pass that the media’s credibility crumbled to dust, and only 144,000 journalists were saved.

And Jim Pinkerton was one of them.

Update: Charles just e-mailed to say that LGF is inaccessible. That can only mean two things: a Drudge link — a not unlikely possibility these days — or a DoS attack. And I don’t see anything on Drudge.

As the saying goes: you know you’re over the target when you start taking flak.

Update: LGF is back, thanks to a little Hosting Matters magic.

Comments

…and Keith Olbermann looked back and turned into a pillar of crap.

Bellicose Muse on August 12, 2006 at 8:22 PM

Even if it means a double dose of Neil Gabler, I’d still watch an hour version of FNW.

rw on August 12, 2006 at 8:59 PM

Holy Crap!

You mean… Trust Freedom?

OH THE HORROR!!! SOMEBODY GET LAMONT ON THE LINE ASAP!!!

venmax on August 12, 2006 at 9:08 PM

I feel like such a dork whenever I accidentally watch FNW, but that’s some damn good television.

Savage on August 12, 2006 at 9:13 PM

Are you sure a gross-thousand are worth saving?

shooter on August 12, 2006 at 9:18 PM

Heh, shooter… probably not!

RH

RobertHuntingdon on August 12, 2006 at 10:17 PM

It might help if Eric added a counterbalance for the bomb-throwing Gabler… a near equivalent from the right such as Michael Savage or maybe Jerry Falwell.

petefrt on August 13, 2006 at 2:54 AM

I swear I saw a sword coming out of Pinkerton’s mouth…

mbredmond on August 13, 2006 at 8:15 AM

It’s one of the shows on FNC that I try NOT to miss, just because the arguements are so damn funny.

Mortis on August 13, 2006 at 8:42 AM

This is a must see! Charles Johnson and Arianna Huffington on CNN’s Reliable Sources, 10 AM Eastern.

I assume this is going to be Arianna the Blogger. Should be hilarious.

Pablo on August 13, 2006 at 9:48 AM

I like this show very much and watched this on Saturday. It was frustrating listening to anything Neal had to say and extremely painful at how difficult it was for Jane to couch her words so carefully so as not to sound too much like Neal, which, of course, she is.

I wish they would expand it to an hour show, but then maybe it would get too crazy.

sharinlite on August 13, 2006 at 2:11 PM

Jane was tripping on her tongue as she tried to backpeddle on her statement about the ‘agenda’ of the people at LGF. Way to go, Jim!

Thanks for the heads-up, Allah. I would have missed seeing the program without that as I continue to have problems downloading the clips from here. @#$! land line.

DannoJyd on August 13, 2006 at 2:50 PM

I’m glad Reuters got caught photoshopping. However, I think there is an even bigger issue of news agencies using dubious quotes which I would call “quotoshopping.”

pjcomix on August 13, 2006 at 4:57 PM

The scary thing is…how long has the MSM being ‘fixing’ photos? I would imagine for quite some time…

tele64 on August 13, 2006 at 5:29 PM

Thus sayeth tele64:

Long enough for an institutional attitude to develop that allows these photographers to think they can actually get away with it. Which has to make you reconsider everything you have ever heard from the so-called “mainstream media”.

Rusty Bill on August 13, 2006 at 11:18 PM

I make a point of watching FNW – I even Tivo it, just in case. It really should be 1 hour – that way we’d get to watch for 30 minutes instead of the 15 we get now (because of commericals). BTW, Neal makes my day. He is soooo full of it.

msflea on August 14, 2006 at 8:53 AM

Give Jane Hall a break! At least, she believes what she said. Neil Gabler is much more intelligent than Jane and knows her argument will not fly. When asked his view immediately after the Jane-Jim exchange, he said he could not offer an opinion because he did not know whether the faked picture was due to an innocent photoshop error. Of course, another picture by that same “phographer” was shown to be doctored in a way that photo shop error could not possibly be an explanation and literaly dozens of photos by a variety of “photographers” have been shown to have been doctored, staged, etc. Neil knows better but is covering for his firends on the left whereas Jane literally can’t think past the cliches progumated by the MSM.

ptolemy on August 14, 2006 at 12:27 PM