Video: Ace of Spades talks Reutersgate on Fox News (Update: New footage added)

posted at 12:57 pm on August 8, 2006 by Allahpundit

I bet Patterico five bucks last night that he wouldn’t have the stones to go through with it.

So there’s another guy I owe money to.

And then there were two. Just me and Treacher.

I won’t blink, Jim.

I will. not. blink.

Update: How could I forget Rusty?

He’ll cave, though. I can feel it. All in due time…

Update: Charles Johnson was also on Fox News briefly today. Kim from Musing Minds has the video.

Update: Rusty calls Ace a “George Lucas lookalike,” which isn’t the worst thing to be for an aspiring screenwriter, and says he declined an invitation to appear on the same program.

You’ll never outlast me, Russ. Never.

Update: Fox showed some new footage of Ace tonight at around 7:30 so I went ahead and spliced it into the clip. Enjoy the close-up.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Kid from Brooklyn:

Allahpundit archive

BUT…no photoshops are in the archive, which was Allah’s claim to fame.

bamapachyderm on August 9, 2006 at 5:50 AM

Thanks for the wayback links; I get the gist.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 9, 2006 at 9:46 AM

I will say this;

Ace begged us to vote him the number one Conservative Blog.

Allah earned his place. His site, dare I say, was more powerful than a pile of green footballs. (Charles, your site is terrific, no harm intended) I’ll even say that it was more important to the investigative power of the internet than the Blog fathers.

Even the Bosses site runs a close second to the old Allah pundit. (Not counting the addition of Hot Air)

(And Ace your site is entertaining and informative. It just isn’t Allah Pundit enlightening. Plus got to give you credit for hoist the black flag)

Rustyw on August 9, 2006 at 10:35 AM

Awwwwww, look at all the Allahlove in this comment section.

Karol on August 9, 2006 at 11:06 AM

Extra footage good. Line “somebody nearby with a lighter?” much stronger finish. Good job Ace!

Anwyn on August 9, 2006 at 11:24 AM

Allah, if you still have your Dean-O and Kerry photoshops, you could make a few bucks by putting them on CDs and selling them.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on August 9, 2006 at 12:04 PM

I gotta say, it’s a whole other world over there in the Allah Archive. That is some hella good stuff.

Anwyn on August 9, 2006 at 2:36 PM

Arrrrrgggg! Ace of Spades!

Sorry Allah, (and rustyw)

Ace is the place…wait…o. never mind.

Brian on August 9, 2006 at 2:56 PM

There’s an old saying, and I’m going to butcher it I’m sure: “Getting an education from Caltech is like getting a drink from a firehose.”

Allah’s old site was much like that. It got to be overwhelming at times. I could easily spend an hour every day, following the links, trying to keep up with him. It got to be insane for a while. And hugely depressing, which is why, I’m guessing, Allah gave up on it. Staring into the abyss for so long got to be too much, I suspect.

And yes, Allah had (has still, ‘though you don’t exercise your poetic side quite so much) quite a way with words. It would be nice if you (switching to first-person here) could slip into that persona every-once-in-a-while, just to give us a taste of the old times.

Allah, if you’re ever down in the Baltimore area, drop me a line. I’ll treat you to as many Guinnesses as you can handle.

nukemhill on August 9, 2006 at 3:17 PM

You mean… “Jim Treacher” isn’t his real name? I’m crushed!

Beck on August 14, 2006 at 1:16 PM