Picture Kill

Mannequin and Koran
Beirut redux
Shaking the dead
Reuters withdraws, Hajj digs in

Watch Vent on YouTube
Download Vent for your iPod

Comments

Removing dust on a digital photo?

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Wander on August 8, 2006 at 8:04 AM

Err, I might be crazy for thinking this, but how can lighting conditions cause one to mess up photoshopping a digital photo?

I mean, right now, as I type this, it is very early in the morning. The lights are off in my room. My only illumination comes from the light of my computer screen. And yet, oddly enough, I can see the words as I type them. Why is that? Could it be because my screen itself provides the light necessary to read?

It seems to me that you could photoshop a picture just as well in a regular lighted office as you could in a darkened bombshelter.

Just my two cents.

EFG on August 8, 2006 at 8:47 AM

Excellent coverage and synopsis as always, Michelle.

It’ll be interesting to see if the wagons really do get circled around Hajj. Based on the lack of MSM coverage of the incident it seems like they’re more likely to be using the age-old “brush it under the rug” tactic. Though I suppose things wouldn’t look much different if the likes of AP and AFP were circling the wagons around al-Reuters.

Interestingly, one would think there’s an even larger story here – that of the blogosphere’s role as “media watchdog,” which would seem to be a sure-fire underdog story.

Possible titles for Hajj’s tell-all expose book deal, anyone?

I’ll vote for Hajj-Podge.

redwolf on August 8, 2006 at 8:55 AM

“And I would’ve gotten away with it, too, if it hadn’t been for those darned meddling bloggers!”

Dave Shay on August 8, 2006 at 9:09 AM

There’re a lot of ways the internet can be used to cause problems, but one of the best things is how it can be used to get to the truth of matters. Just imagine how many times we’ve been duped in years past… I probably would have never noticed the same woman or the same building in two pictures separated by weeks. But, thanks to sharp eyes and minds in the blogosphere, the MSM isn’t able to get away with this kind of crap anymore.

Thanks to MM, AP, Bryan, LGF, and all the rest for their attempts in keeping the MSM honest. (Or at least pointing out when they’re not).

dalewalt on August 8, 2006 at 9:27 AM

What a bunch of Amatures, damn they can’t even get photoshop correct.
Try reading up on photoshop, unless they can’t read because my 12yr old can program a software and he thinks the morons just found the damn stamp button by mistake and stated to play with it..
Maybe if the terrorist just do what the liberals do and just call Israel names and talk about their families maybe they can get a better outcome than trying to fix pictures and hold dead babies for days just make a statement…
gross little shits..

alyce on August 8, 2006 at 9:48 AM

The downside to this is that this level of expose will cause dishonest journalists with agendas to be more careful manufacturing their “facts.”

Its quite possible to retouch photographs in Photoshop in such a way that nobody will catch on its a phoney, just as its a problem catching a reporter making up a story.

erix138 on August 8, 2006 at 10:30 AM

I just wanna take a moment to throw Hot Air some props. It’s now at the point where I consider this to be just as important a news site to visit as Drudge. I especially enjoy and appreciate all the videos you post.

Really tremendous job. Keep up the fantastic work.

venmax on August 8, 2006 at 10:42 AM

I think that Clone Stamp Tool was used to clone all those MSM “journalists” who seem to have the same liberal mind stamp.

pjcomix on August 8, 2006 at 10:44 AM

pjcomix, I second your think.

As for the digital photos-maybe some water spilled on the negatives in the darkroom?

Doug on August 8, 2006 at 10:56 AM

Thank you for another wonderful Vent. Michelle’s predictions about Big Media either ignoring or covering up the implications has already come true.

MCPO Airdale on August 8, 2006 at 11:02 AM

ONCE AGAIN, THE MSM IS TRYING TO INFECT US WITH THEIR JOURNALISTIC TRANSMITTED DISEASE!

A DISEASE THAT GIVES RISE TO “FAKE BUT ACCURATE.”

A DISEASE THAT CAN ONLY BRING AID AND COMFORT TO THE ENEMY.

THANKS FOR YOUR EXCELLENT VENT, HERE, MICHELLE!!!!

For those who accuse Michelle of being a media whore, a slut, etc., why is it that Michelle DOES NOT falsify information, but your beloved MSM DOES??????

The False Dervish on August 8, 2006 at 11:22 AM

Excellent Vent. It’s nice to know that there is *finally* someone (bloggers) who is keeping tabs on the MSM and holding them accountable for their bias and outright lies. THANK YOU!!!

StephC on August 8, 2006 at 11:50 AM

So…sometimes when I am tired from raging against the anti-West, Pro-terrorist press and the Jihadi madmen, I look for respite and my mind wanders. Sometimes I just don’t want to be outraged, so I drift.

During this particular vent I couldn’t help but notice how very excellent Michelle looks with the new hair style.

(Yes, I am a pig, but so what? Pigs are people, too.)

Jaibones on August 8, 2006 at 12:05 PM

Oh, all-powerful Allah — PBUH — please do not bounce me for taking as my image a filthy, unclean animal. I cannot help myself sometimes when she wears that “just got off the Harley” look that I favor…

Jaibones on August 8, 2006 at 12:09 PM

Hey, I really dig your spraygraphic sponsor. They’re pretty blatently a hard left company, but they’ve got a freakin’ vulcan deathgrip on style. It almost makes me want to pay thirty bucks for a t-shirt. That mind grenade design is so cool, but they’re filthy hippies! INTERNAL CONFLICT, YEARGH!

Savage on August 8, 2006 at 12:17 PM

Eggsellent vent! It should also be noted that the propaganda issues are not limited to photoshopped images. There are endless examples of staged tragedies being discussed on various blogs mentioned in this vent which pay particular attention to a recognizable CAST of Hezbollah CHARACTERS (i.e. green helmet man – the ONLY? mortician in Lebanon, the white t-shirt man – an extra, the most unfortunate landholder featured in this vent, and a variety of familiar victims possibly travelling via refrigerated truck etc.)

heroyalwhyness on August 8, 2006 at 12:19 PM

Mideast media propaganda has a well documented past with this as a classic example .

heroyalwhyness on August 8, 2006 at 1:40 PM

I’m figuratively rubbing my hands together watching the development of this phenomenon, the “distributed intelligence” (as I think Michelle put it) of folks on the internet holding journalists to account. As MM told Bill O’Reilly, the truth matters.

Bravo to all of you. This just keeps getting better.

mikeyboss on August 8, 2006 at 2:12 PM

what happened to Bush’s green lights and red lights and all lights…….what about our own media propaganda…..no reporting on the muslim dog shooting women in wa.

LZVandy on August 8, 2006 at 2:44 PM

Hmm… Michelle is looking a bit windblown today. I wonder if someone “photo-shopped” her vent video? Or, is this a bit of Michelle’s wild side peeking out?
;)

Lawrence on August 8, 2006 at 3:05 PM

You gotta love the Internet…I wonder For How many Years/Decades now have the Left-Wing Moon-Bats been manufacturing and skewing news and info to their favor???

havok on August 8, 2006 at 3:09 PM

All I know is I am all for staying on Allah, MM and the Hot Airs crews good side. Man, that look Michelle keeps giving through this Vent means she and the gang are out for blood!

jcon96 on August 8, 2006 at 3:44 PM

I wonder how long this has been going on with Hezbollah and Hamas…they have been left wing cause celebre’s for a long time. Back when we didn’t have the internet, how many tragic photos were nothing but a bunch of lame-a$$es posing dead bodies and giggling about the splash they would make on the front page…sad. Great vent again.

As to the hair, I can only say..where have you guys been? Michelle appeared on O’Reilly sometime last week and I was so taken by the new ‘do’, I could barely follow the interview. Definitely a good look…let’s hope it’s not just a summer cut. cheers.

austinnelly on August 8, 2006 at 4:31 PM

Of course the MSM will circle the wagons and group together. I bet that they will adopt the “Clinton Defense” of “Admit Nothing; Deny Everything; Make Counter Accusations”. I am sure that they will be a vindictive bunch and try to poison pen all that expose them.

Greg

DAT60A3 on August 8, 2006 at 6:24 PM

Wait a second, you included the Dissident Frogman’s video but didn’t give him a link? Hopefully you’ll correct that, but there it is for anyone interested.

insomni on August 8, 2006 at 8:47 PM

Michelle’s doin sumthin new with the hair. Quite stylish.

sbvft contributor on August 8, 2006 at 10:19 PM

Now AP photo faces questions.

Entelechy on August 9, 2006 at 1:52 AM