Video: Charles Johnson talks shop on CNN (Update: Drudge audio added)

posted at 3:42 pm on August 7, 2006 by Allahpundit

Photoshop, that is.

Love the intro.

Here’s the latest from the Yahoo wire, courtesy of Bob Owens. Another photographer perfectly positioned for a shot of breathtaking poignancy.

ghaziyeh.jpg

Can you guess which news agency he works for?

Update (Ian): Charles also appeared on The Matt Drudge Show last night. Dubbed “man of the hour” by Drudge, he explained how he found out about the picture and how it was doctored.

Drudge had this to say about Charles:

MATT DRUDGE, HOST: For Reuters to be doing this and not to investigate it’s other photos. Stay right there, we’re talking tonight to Charles Johnson, Little Green Footballs.com, he exposed a Reuters’ photograph of being a doctored photograph making it look like the Israelis were bombing all of downtown Beirut. They have since let the photographer go. This guy [Johnson] started it from his keyboard, his website, his modem, his wi-fi, whatever we are using these days. It is one guy who has brought one the major world wire services literally to its knees on this day.

Update: More Charles, this time being interviewed by Mark Levin.

Comments

Allah,

Is it just me or is the video link dead?

Rustyw on August 7, 2006 at 3:47 PM

Working for me, Rusty. Anyone else having trouble?

Allahpundit on August 7, 2006 at 3:50 PM

LGF rocks. CNN reports . . .Charles is da man!

heroyalwhyness on August 7, 2006 at 3:50 PM

I did at first, but I refreshed it worked.

Ian on August 7, 2006 at 3:51 PM

The link worked for me.
For a CNN anchor, she seemed to be quite accomodating to
Charles.
Now Reuters needs to make available the rest of the photos supposedly taken by this photo-journalist in Lebanon for inspection.

gary on August 7, 2006 at 3:54 PM

It’s me.

WooWoo Go Charles err I mead Bahhahhhahhahhahha!

To bad he didn’t get the Army of Davids plug in for Glenn.

Rustyw on August 7, 2006 at 3:54 PM

Charles rules, MSM drools. Bwahahahaha!

Ellen on August 7, 2006 at 3:56 PM

Way to go, Charles et al! Bow before the power of the blogosphere, CNN!

World B. Free on August 7, 2006 at 3:56 PM

Fear the football!

JammieWearingFool on August 7, 2006 at 4:03 PM

Another cheer for Charles Johnson. Hope to see more of him.

mikeyboss on August 7, 2006 at 4:08 PM

Somebody please inform the CNN news reader that the name of the web site maintained by Charles is Littlegreenfootballs.com
She kept leaving off the Little, guess she didn’t want to direct any extra traffic over there. Don’t worry the site has so much traffic he has renamed it Little Green Molasses temporarily. One cool feature of his site, since he has a running “dispute” with Reuters is the counter on the left side which tracks the number of hits he gets from Al-Reuters IP addresses. Last time I was able to view the site it showed 139 for today.

LakeRuins on August 7, 2006 at 4:27 PM

Good Job and THANKS!!!

dallas94 on August 7, 2006 at 4:35 PM

Tomorrow when the world finds out Hajj and Green Helmet Dude have been sleeping together for years, remember you heard it from me first so I can be on CNN.

bdfaith on August 7, 2006 at 4:37 PM

This is another major blow to the MSM and a major victory for the blogosphere.

One Angry Christian on August 7, 2006 at 4:45 PM

Brokeback Mecca.

Kid from Brooklyn on August 7, 2006 at 4:46 PM

Another victory for the truth via the blogosphere. Way to go Charles!

Big cyber hugs to you.

Princess Bernie on August 7, 2006 at 5:03 PM

So now I have to watch the blogs to see if a news “story” is accurate or faked?!?

Has journalism now become a propaganda tool, I ask knowingly.

Bring the MSM to their knees, I say.

If they want to lose more readers, keep it up.

Congrats to LGF!

Kini on August 7, 2006 at 5:14 PM

Amazing….as I was viewing the video, my 7 year old son came in, looked at the pictures and said “That one is the fake one dad”…and pointed at the faked one.

If my 7 year old can notice that, why is it that someone at al-Reuters can’t? Oh yeah, because it doesn’t fit into their view of the world…I keep forgetting.

LGF Rules…but why DO they call it Little Green Footballs anyway?

webproze on August 7, 2006 at 5:27 PM

So that’s what the CJ looks like!

He doesn’t look like a lizard…

venmax on August 7, 2006 at 5:59 PM

He doesn’t look like a lizard…

Now a *good* use of Photoshop would be turning an image of Charles into a lizard.

MamaAJ on August 7, 2006 at 6:41 PM

BAM!

LGF takes it up a notch!

The Machine on August 7, 2006 at 7:20 PM

I’ve been reading LGF for 5+ years and this is indeed a great moment for Charles. I’m very happy for him and the readers that exposed this fraud. Now how long before Adnan Hajj gets an offer from HDNet?

manfriend on August 7, 2006 at 7:30 PM

If you want to see something really funny go to DU and check out some of the wackier moonbat comments…hey Charles, how come you didn’t tell us that Hajj works for Karl Rove? (Or is it Mossad?)

Sheesh!

Chelle

ChelleFiche on August 7, 2006 at 8:35 PM

Charles Johnson is an American hero and an icon to those of us who know what’s at stake here in the GWOT. I sent Charles a link to a Philly Inquirer puff piece on some Hamas chump a couple months back. He featured it in a post with a “hat tip” to me. Needless to say, I was on cloud 9 that day.

(hotair rules too!)

sbvft contributor on August 7, 2006 at 8:40 PM

Excellent report and I’m glad that Charles is getting reward for his watchdog reporting. Michelle and Charles make great spokespeople for bloggers. :)

RepJ on August 7, 2006 at 9:05 PM

WTG Charles!

Now this stuff is all over the MSM. LGF and HotAir rule!

speed647 on August 7, 2006 at 9:16 PM

Just picked up Charles on Mark Levins radio show.

Baauahahhahhhaa

Rusty

Rustyw on August 7, 2006 at 9:18 PM

Beautiful.

Martin on August 7, 2006 at 10:55 PM

…been lurking around lgf for about a year now…great news updates (fair/honest) no bias…at my job the guys like to watch the evening news on tv (nbc i think)…can’t believe the liberal/progressive slant…don’t think that all the v-8 in the world would straighten out the msm…

capt.fishsticks on August 7, 2006 at 10:58 PM

Charles is an absolute legend now. First, Rathergate, now Reutergate.

Yiddish Steel on August 7, 2006 at 11:33 PM

Bravo! Also glad to see CNN covering the story straight, and pulling no punches whatsoever in stating the TexANG docs were fakes as well. (Though I notice they made it seem like Rather and Mapes took the rap when they didn’t…)

RD on August 8, 2006 at 8:17 AM

Great interview Charles! Saw Michelle on O’Reilly last night when she brought this up. What bug crawled up O’Reilly’s a$$? The man surely bristles when he hears of internet bloggers catching lies the MSM is passing off as truth.

Truth to Power, Mr. O.

moonsbreath on August 8, 2006 at 10:27 AM

Charles Johnson is becoming one of the great folk heros of our time. I visit Littlegreenfootballs.com everyday and you should to.

RobCon on August 8, 2006 at 1:05 PM