Lieberman redux: Republicans donating to Jihad Cindy’s Democratic opponent

posted at 2:51 pm on August 4, 2006 by Allahpundit

Similar to our support for Joementum, but different in this sense: no one on the right has any big problem with Ned Lamont. It’s his supporters we find so disgusting. He’s an empty suit, but he doesn’t come across as unlikeable.

He hadn’t taken a swing at any cops, last time I checked, or accepted campaign contributions from jihadi apologists.

But then, I guess no one’s “perfect.”

Which brings us to the retort of the year:

At a community forum Thursday night in North DeKalb, the two candidates for the Fourth Congressional District again traded barbs in their efforts to secure crucial votes.

And for one of the first times publicly, Johnson took off the gloves. After McKinney accused him of being under the thumb of Republicans because of the money he has gotten from GOP-leaning donors, he struck back.

“I can accuse her of being under the control of terrorists, but I won’t” Johnson said, because of the money that her campaign has gotten from Muslim interests.

He won’t — but he sort of did, didn’t he? And later:

On the current crisis in the Middle East McKinney said that the U.S. must be an “honest broker.” She said that the United States shouldn’t be giving support and arms to Israel to fight against Lebanon, and their fighters who are “throwing rocks.”…

Johnson, who has received major support from Jewish groups and donors, said that Israel has the right to exist and to protect itself.

“They are doing more than throwing stones,” Johnson said specifically of Hezbollah, which is fighting out of Lebanon. “They are hurling missiles.”

Won’t be long before the first cartoon of Johnson in slave chains appears in the West Bank. Or the Huffington Post.

Johnson was up by 15 points as of Tuesday. Donate here.

Comments

He won’t — but he sort of did, didn’t he?

Yes, I forgot the rhetoric terminology, so I looked it up. Apophasis.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on August 4, 2006 at 4:17 PM

I wish I had seen the debate. I’ll bet she was losing her mind.

DannoJyd on August 4, 2006 at 4:44 PM

At a rally in New Haven last week, Lamont said, in the Terry Schiavo case, Lieberman interfered in the Schiavo’s “private lives”.

I would say conservatives have a lot of issues with Mr. Ned.

Essex on August 4, 2006 at 4:49 PM

Did she take a swing at him or just strike him with her cellphone?

I hope that the voters of her district realize just how poorly they are being represented and will dismiss her……

robo on August 4, 2006 at 8:18 PM

DannoJyd, she couldn’t have lost something she never had :)

Entelechy on August 4, 2006 at 8:51 PM

Overheard at numerous polling stations during the primary: “Is this the place where I vote against Cynthia McKinney?”

robo: I hope there are enough of them to displace the rabble-rousing tribalists who will most assuredly vote for Cynthia McKinney on Tuesday.

RD on August 6, 2006 at 12:14 AM

Entelechy, thank you for the correction, and I do realize that she has [Bush word] for brains, but no matter how irked I am as I leave my comments, I always try to remain civil out of respect for the ladies here. Other than that, Cindy is a #$%@~*! @#@$$!^@ who understands not a #$#%$%!@! thing. ;o)

DannoJyd on August 6, 2006 at 12:47 AM

DannoJyd, I wasn’t correcting you – I was just stating the facts about Cynthia’s lack of brain or common sense, and being sarcastic (an affliction for which I don’t apologize when I deal with political ‘enemies’ and brainless people).

Which reminds me – I just checked out webproze’s site and had a fantastic laugh. The blog credo reads “People are stupid. I’m just documenting it”. And this saying “People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use” – Kierkegaard. Brilliant!

Thanks for your ‘respect for the ladies’ here and also for the blinkedy-blink ending. You made me laugh :) Don’t be irked, just amuzed. They provide plenty of fodder.

Regards,

Entelechy on August 6, 2006 at 10:30 PM

Nothing amusing about misspelling ‘amuzed’ – oh, the complicated but so beautiful English language…

Entelechy on August 6, 2006 at 10:36 PM

Entelechy, thanks for the link, and I’m glad I was able to get you to laugh.

I believe I’ve read the words of Webproze before, but not exactly has he wrote it. Common sense dictates that the term ‘Hate Crime’ is redundant at best, and politically corrected beyond intelligent recognition at worst. Has anyone heard of any ‘Love Crimes’ lately? If Cigarman was involved I’d prefer not knowing.

I doubt if I have written this before as I would prefer to not be labeled by some, but I don’t think anyone else has looked at Cindy from this angle, thus here I go…

Early on, Cindy expressed her disgust of her sons refusal to listen to her demands that he stay out of the armed service. Repeatedly, Cindy told the tale of ‘If he just would have listened to me’ in an apparent manor suggesting that his death proved that she was right. None of her words expousing the supposed pride she felt in her son came close to the emotion she exuded when riteously telling the World that she Told Him So. Now is it me, or does it seem that perhaps Casey might have been manuvering to escape the clutches of an overzealously manipulative mom? If I am right then I would also speculate that Cindy is taking out the rage of her sons disobediance on the wrong person.

I believe her actions are criminal, thus I look for the motation behind her crime.

BTW, I have known that I am poor at expressing my thoughts in words ever since the time I asked a cat lover in a public chatroom if she would like to see a picture of my pussy. It took me a few seconds to realize what they were all laughing at. ;o)

DannoJyd on August 6, 2006 at 11:17 PM

DannoJyd, your cat is beautiful – thanks for sharing. I have a black cat and two Shelties.

When I came to this country and learned English, I can’t share on this board what American colleagues would teach me to say to others, sometimes in very high positions, with double entendre.

Because of the title of this thread, there might be confusion among Cindy Sheehan and Cynthia McKinney, though in reality they are not that far apart. One just has a bunch of naive Georgia constituents, on top of being naive.

To Cindy Sheehan, though, her son Casey was brought up by his father and the lady he married after Cindy, a very nice woman. I’ve seen them on interviews several times. They are conservative. Casey went to Iraq twice, voluntarily. The mother is a sad liberal morron, used, abused and eventually abandoned. I don’t think she’s criminal but rather crazed with sad delusions and a faux sense of belonging and a long since passed 15 minutes of fame.

Here is the latest.

Entelechy on August 7, 2006 at 12:01 AM

Entelechy, that picture of Snowy was taken as I took pictures of 2 cabinets I had built from scratch. I was going to post those at a Delphi Forum that I manage, and I figured that she deserved credit as my assistant due to her being in the way every single time I applied glue to the wooden parts.

I Cannot Believe I Did That! Oh, the shame! I confused the topic due to having just read about Cindy’s renewed protest in Crawford, wondering who the person identified only by the name Coulter could have been since that person had visited another of my Delphi forums, and a lack of sleep.

Note to self: Having 16 open windows isn’t always a good idea. Investigate upgrading from the @#$! land line. Again.

Thanks for the link. That article is part of what caused my foul up. ;o)

My effort to get back on topic [hope I don't screw this up as well]: McKinney’s dad is out there trying to scare up a few votes for her…

The Fourth District is in danger of being represented by the Republican Party. As I have looked back over the last year of political events, I have detected a very astute strategy to turn the 4th district over to the Republican party. It is very clear now that all of the dots are beginning to connect.

The atricle gave me a few laughs. Enjoy!

DannoJyd on August 7, 2006 at 1:24 PM

DannoJyd, Snowy sounds like a healthy cat, always unpredictable. Nice name she’s got.

The two Cindys are easy to confuse – one has no common sense and the other has no brain.

The one without common sense (looks like she inherited her father’s cromozomes) will lose the race in Georgia tomorrow.

I hope J. Lieberman wins but if he doesn’t I hope he gets hired into the Bush Admin. to campaign against the Dems for ’06 and ’08 or into a cabinet post. A Lamont win will be devastating for the Libs but that’s their problem.

Last comment on this thread. Thanks for the link. Enjoyed.

Entelechy on August 7, 2006 at 11:45 PM