Video: “Loose Change” morons confronted by cop at Ground Zero (Update: Dylan Avery on talk radio tonight)

posted at 10:37 am on August 3, 2006 by Allahpundit

Yesterday’s video was only part one; the second and third installments are below. Their attempt to convince a woman that her husband was killed by the government, not Al Qaeda, is especially heart-warming.

Why do I keep posting about this crap? Because a lot of people take it seriously:

More than a third of the American public suspects that federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East, according to a new Scripps Howard/Ohio University poll…

Thirty-six percent of respondents overall said it is “very likely” or “somewhat likely” that federal officials either participated in the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon or took no action to stop them “because they wanted the United States to go to war in the Middle East.”

“One out of three sounds high, but that may very well be right,” said Lee Hamilton, former vice chairman of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also called the 9/11 Commission)… “A lot of people I’ve encountered believe the U.S. government was involved,” Hamilton said.

For some reason, they didn’t think to ask how that 36 percent breaks down ideologically. Or maybe they did and found the result “inconvenient.”

Dylan Avery happens to be a big Noam Chomsky fan, a shocking fact he revealed years ago in a comment at LGF.

I encourage everyone with a blog to host the first video in this series on their own site. You’ll find the embed code in the right sidebar here. Just paste it into your post and you’re good to go.

On with the show. Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Update: 5 p.m., 96.9 FM in Boston, Dylan Avery will be given another mainstream media platform to spout lies. I sure hope none of our readers call in!

Comments

Reckon any of the prominent Ann Coulter-bashers will be singling out this trash for condemnation and hateful-name-calling?

I won’t hold my breath.

Paul Atreides on August 3, 2006 at 11:07 AM

I don’t know what surprises me more, their apparent lack of rational thought processes, or their complete lack of compassion. What a waste.

High Desert Wanderer on August 3, 2006 at 11:18 AM

If they are right, then someone needs to explain to me how it is that people in high places are leaking classified information all the time, but somehow, there is not one leak to date as to this, the greatest government conspiracy of all time – please, Loose Change and Co., explain that. These people seriously make me ill.

Rick on August 3, 2006 at 11:52 AM

One thing 9/11 conspiracy debunkers should point out more often is that NO professional structural engineers, demolition experts, etc., have come out in support of these “bomb” or “missile” theories. Not a single one. (Even if some moonbat engineer came forward at some point, it would still be thousands to one.) Funny how the amateurs who are selling videos come to 100% confident conclusions, but no professional is willing to put himself on the line for these cockamamie theories.

Then again that bunny cage thing was pretty convincing.

oneisnotprime on August 3, 2006 at 12:20 PM

My question to the repulsive ingrates: If the US Government is as despicable as you claim, then why is it you can so easily expose it with such impunity?

Aunt B on August 3, 2006 at 12:40 PM

Addendum:

In watching the collection of loons on C-SPAN’s offering, “Theories about 9-11” (American Moonbat Perspectives), one of the panelists, a physicist from BYU (clearly bucking for early retirement), kept reiterating that the explosive material, supposedly used by our government to collapse the WTC buildings, could be procured on eBay. And, his point was???

What was more hilarious – OK, wine helped – was this same physicist’s handling of a piece of metal “evidence” found at the WTC site. Dramatically, he slipped a cheap, plastic glove on his right hand to pick it up and used an unprotected finger on his left hand to stabilize it. This guy needed a rehearsal…

Aunt B on August 3, 2006 at 12:54 PM

Why doesn’t this vast network of government conspirators simply wipe these vermin off the map?

They can orhestrate a mass-murder on a scale never before witnessed. But they cannot simply make these people disappear.

Yeah. It makes a lot of sense.

Martin on August 3, 2006 at 1:33 PM

And, his point was???

That’s just it, they are throwing anything out there and seeing what sticks. Their only goal is to bash and discredit our government (more specifically, the Bush Administration). I think Bin Laden could come out of hiding tomorrow, fly to the U.S. and confess to everything (along with exhibits detailing and supporting everything), and these wackjobs would still think our government did it.

Rick on August 3, 2006 at 1:35 PM

Aunt B. I want you to debate them.

I can read about Pearl Harbor calmly but I cannot lose my 911 emotion. My heart is beating fast right now.

I watched segments of an anti-Jew propaganda movie from Nazi Germany, caricature Jews rampaging a wholesome Aryan village. It was clownish fiction. There were no documentary newsreels of Jews rampaging real villages but it didn’t matter. Which book better describes real Jews: The Protocols of Zion or the Old Testament? Which book had more historic validity?

Choose your hate to fill your needs. At this stage of my life, seeing so many dangerous idiots like the Loose Changers I have capitulated to the arguments of Faith and now firmly believe in the influence of the Dark One, Satan, upon the world.

Otherwise, I cannot explain the thirst for evil in hearts of men otherwise capable of rational thought.

Without my belief in the existence of forces of both Good, and Evil, God and Devil, I might self destruct and become a babbling cynic.

The real enemy never dies.

entagor on August 3, 2006 at 1:42 PM

I wasn’t even born then and I can’t deal with Pearl Harbor conspiracy theorists calmly. Holocaust deniers and those who converse with the aliens who took Elvis need to be subjected to shame at every opportunity.

The legal standard is a reasonable doubt. Belief in the toothfairy or the CIA flying remote controlled planes is not reasonable. What does it say about our culture that the ravings of lunatics are considered entertainment? If the events of 9/11 did not get the attention of these idiots then what level of disaster will be necessary?

mkstach on August 3, 2006 at 2:07 PM

You flatter me, entagor. That said, I’m from Louisiana, so I’ve had lots of practice debating the certifiable. ;->

Aunt B on August 3, 2006 at 3:52 PM

Hmm. I can’t view these, or the Hasselbeck thing, or a few others. Vent and others are coming through okay. YouTube problems, maybe?

Anwyn on August 4, 2006 at 1:43 AM