Video: Colbert interviews Eleanor Holmes Norton

posted at 9:17 am on July 28, 2006 by Allahpundit

Good stuff.

It’s really a shame about the White House Correspondents Dinner. “Strangers With Candy” was one of my favorite shows, and Colbert was the best thing in it. He’s a brilliant comedian.

It’s just … you know.

Lot of broken friendships these past five years. This is no different, really. But we should still give credit when credit is due.

I’ll see the movie. For old time’s sake.

If you’re pressed for time, skip the first two minutes. They’re just introductory crap.

Comments

At last! An at large ‘district.’

dahat on July 28, 2006 at 10:53 AM

Now that was Funny….

havok on July 28, 2006 at 11:00 AM

That was Hilarious! He is always funny with his congressional interviews.

BelchSpeak on July 28, 2006 at 11:08 AM

One of his better ones for sure.

p0s3r on July 28, 2006 at 11:31 AM

I really have to hand it to the Rep from D.C. All in good fun but, the question still remains, why don’t they have congressional rights? Are they American citizens or not?

Babs on July 28, 2006 at 12:18 PM

She was great. It was a pleasure seeing her using his own tactics against him. Good on Eleanor.

Subsunk

Subsunk on July 28, 2006 at 1:45 PM

That can’t be real??

Drtuddle on July 28, 2006 at 2:59 PM

I took Colbert off of my TiVo schedule when he pulled that idiotic stunt at the correspondent dinner.
But I’ll give it up. That is the funniest interview I’ve ever seen. And frankly, kudos to the lady from D.C. She was equally funny.
Good stuff.

Sugar Land on July 28, 2006 at 4:54 PM

I’ve taken to not watching The Daily Show as it’s become predictible and preachy, but The Colbert Report is consistently excellent. The only thing about SC that sticks in my craw is, he is a gunbanner.

PeteRR on July 28, 2006 at 6:57 PM

Great stuff, they work extremely well together , kinda neopolitan…….. without the strawberry.

shooter on July 29, 2006 at 7:18 PM

Babs, Residents of DC are US Citizens, but the founders established it the way it is on purpose. We needed a capitol somewhere, but the paranoa was that whatever state housed it would have undue power.

So a (then) centrally-located rectangle was carved off from MD & VA, consisting at the time of mostly useless swampland. It was to be forever “Federal” land, not part of any state.

Personally, I think we could allow their “non-voting” representative to vote – but I don’t know of a fix for Senate representation. They’re too small & dependent on the Fed gov’t to merit statehood, and the original injunction to keep DC seperate from any state may not be a bad idea.

Citizens who choose to permanently live in other places not-States also don’t get to vote for Senate/House races. Perhaps, like with Puerto Rico, we could refrain from collecting income-tax on permanent residents – to render the taxation/representation point moot?

BMasso on July 30, 2006 at 5:26 AM