Science: Hungry men prefer fat women

posted at 4:37 pm on July 28, 2006 by Allahpundit

Makes sense. If you live in a region where food is scarce, your best bet for healthy offspring is with a mate who has her own personal surplus. This might also explain why, as U.S. waistlines expand, so does the cultural appetite for thin women. Where food is abundant, obesity is a greater health risk than starvation.

Researchers are calling it “the Brolin effect.”

Good news for Mother Sheehan’s love life, too, I’d think. She’s got every kook in Kookville fasting while she’s off sneaking carbs.

I don’t want to draw rolled eyes. But think about it.

Hot nights in the tent city!

Speaking of which, the annual “Miss Cicciona” pageant was held this past weekend. The website’s in Italian, but I think you’ll get the gist.

Here’s a photo from the festivities. I myself am famished at the moment. And yet.

cicciona.jpg

More gender fun: Male online gamers are playing as females because it’s easier to get free stuff that way:

Gamers, both male and female, say female avatars confirm what they already knew: Being a pretty girl has its perks. Female avatars are often the center of attention and showered with gifts such as swords or armor by other characters.

They also, however, get unsolicited and sometimes condescending game play advice from the thousands of mostly male players who populate the MMO universe.

There must be a thousand possible one-liners that would work here, but at 4:30 on Friday afternoon, you’re on your own.

Comments

Dude, you SO need to warn people about images like that.

-Bryan @ Sanctuary

Prophet on July 28, 2006 at 4:43 PM

There was a Korean MMORPG I used to play… Very simple graphics, very easy to play, I forgot what it was called. I looked on the forums for the game one day, and I saw a message, that said something like,

“Excuse me, boys, but for some reason I can only have a male avatar. I can’t find the option to switch my character to female, could anyone help me out?”

The next message:

“The reason you can only play as a male character is because you registered your sex as male when you used your credit card to activate your account. O_o ”

Good times.

Savage on July 28, 2006 at 4:46 PM

‘Cause you’re once… twice… THREE TIMES a lady!

Mojave Mark on July 28, 2006 at 4:51 PM

I was the most popular female Grand Master Blacksmith playing Ultima Online on Atlantic.

I even had a guy place my tower for me because I had to work.

Mortis on July 28, 2006 at 5:05 PM

AP, I will NEVER forgive you for this one (or 6). Thats the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen. In the last two days you’ve got Sheehans mug, Hillaryas pouchy ‘bust’, and now this??? Where is the relevency? mad cow disease?

You too, can go away now… please JUST GO AWAY, at least for a couple days…..wait, werent you just gone? What has happened to you?
MICHELLE, are you seein’ this?

shooter on July 28, 2006 at 5:12 PM

Thanks, I now cannot get the song “Big Bottom” out of my head.
How can I leave this behind?????

bbz123 on July 28, 2006 at 5:16 PM

geez, is this Friday Gross-Out Day? First, Hillary’s bust, then this.

Gag me with a dump truck.

thirteen28 on July 28, 2006 at 5:18 PM

Hey, maybe Allah escaped to the “Miss Cicciona 2006″ pageant and fooled us about the computer challenges.

The Italians don’t call it la dolce vita for nothing…

Entelechy on July 28, 2006 at 5:21 PM

Between the bust of Empress Palpatine…I mean Senator Clinton and this, I’m not going to be able to think of sex for the entire weekend
Damn you conservatives!

Defector01 on July 28, 2006 at 5:24 PM

Why oh why did you have to mention the song “Big Bottom”….now I’ve got it stuck in my head, too!

NTWR on July 28, 2006 at 5:32 PM

…the milkshake brings Allah in the yard; and his life…is better than yours; damn right, it’s better than yours; he could teach you…but he’d have to charge

Kid from Brooklyn on July 28, 2006 at 6:26 PM

For a second there I thought Ace’s site was back up or Jeff was blogging again.

PattyAnn on July 28, 2006 at 6:28 PM

“Cicciona” must mean ugly-fat-ass in Italian.

speed647 on July 28, 2006 at 7:12 PM

Are there actually toilets big enough for the “Cicciona” women….

Do they replace the Charmin paper holders with Paper Towels…

just some thoughts as I viewed the disgusting image

ScottyDog on July 29, 2006 at 4:30 PM

You know how you sometimes find change in the sofa?

Coronagold on July 29, 2006 at 7:13 PM

You gotta admit they’ve got some perky butts for a couple of fat chicks!

Shame on you people…

Okay then… I’ll be the first to say it…

BABY GOT BACK!!

venmax on July 29, 2006 at 10:51 PM

For some reason that picture conjured up the Thong Song in my mind, thus my suggestion is to get the movie and add that in. Color me sickened.

Cindy Sheehan has more rolls than my local store.

I may print off these pictures to paste on my refrigerator. Call it part of the Danno Diet Plan.

Males playing as females? Is this more on the topic of homosexual tendencies? Actually, never mind. I really do not want to know. I’ve been sickened enough for one night. ;o)

DannoJyd on July 30, 2006 at 2:10 AM