Video: Kevin Cosgrove’s 911 call from the World Trade Center

posted at 5:54 pm on July 27, 2006 by Allahpundit

Someone sent this to me today. Apparently it’s a few months old, but I’d never seen it before. And having watched it now, I’ll never see it again.

If you need something to cleanse the palate, here’s Maddox’s love letter to the Loose Change crowd. Strong content warning, but it’s all richly deserved.

Comments

how incredibly sad. it seems that most people have forgotten all about the terrorist attacks that happened that day. that little video needs to be shown in the capitol building in front of all our congressmen who think we aren’t at war with terrorism. a little memory jolt might serve them well…

pullingmyhairout on July 27, 2006 at 6:11 PM

I cant. I just cant..someday maybe but not today.

labwrs on July 27, 2006 at 6:15 PM

That makes me sick with sadness and anger…as it should…as it should make every human being.

It’s World War III people…fight on and get involved.

BirdEye on July 27, 2006 at 6:16 PM

Oh dear, sweet, holy God! For the love of everything decent and pure… why!!!?

So some Wahabbists can rule the Earth? Never! I’m typing through the tears in my eyes. That one hit home, AP.

Kadnine on July 27, 2006 at 6:28 PM

That is just sickening to watch and hear. I just don’t think many in this country realize where we are in this fight. The generation before us got involved with WWII when Pearl Harbor was hit. WTC was our Pearl Harbor. When do we realize what we are in for? Spain, Canada, Iraq, Afghanistan, London, and yet our country is not united to fight this evil. Sorry, for the rant but I would like for my son to grow up a free American.

d1carter on July 27, 2006 at 6:48 PM

Thank you for posting.

I feel a great sadness for those we could not help. I make myself listen to all such recordings. I believe I owe it to the memory of those who suffered.

For a long time after 911 there was an audio available on the website of a retired FDNY of emergency dispatches from firemen arriving at the WTC, frantically calling for help and describing the scene, followed by the stunning silence from the side of the firefighters, as dispatchers tried to reconnect with these men who were now – under the heap of the WTC.

I wish I had copied it because everyone needs to stand in their boots. If it is hard to listen to, how much harder to have been there.

I give the NYT credit for keeping this document honoring the rescuers . You scroll and scroll and scroll.

God bless them all.

We have an enemy and it is not us.

entagor on July 27, 2006 at 6:59 PM

Sadly, thanks to the MSM and their moonbat sycophants, this will probably have to happen again before the country realizes its at war with Islamic fascism … if they even realize it then (they’ll probably just blame Bush for supporting the Israelis or something).

thirteen28 on July 27, 2006 at 7:01 PM

First, the ritual tendering of the bona fides: In the President’s place, after 9/11, while anger was still hot, I would have taken the occasion to obliterate every state that could remotely have been thought to have supported al-Qaeda. I would have invaded nations, not with a view to nation-building, but with a view to killing all men and seizing or destroying all strategic assets with any reasonable bearing on future acts of terrorism. I would have sought to make faith in Allah impossible for even the stupidest people; every surviving muslim knee would have bowed, and every muslim tongue would have confessed my Lordship.

Having cleared that up, I’ll come to my contrarian point and say that Cosgrove’s treatment of his 911 operator is repulsive. I don’t know if I would have made any more graceful end, but I at least hope I wouldn’t have gone out berating the woman who was kind enough to stay on the line with me.

Kralizec on July 27, 2006 at 7:10 PM

Man that’s tough to watch. When the film changed grain I knew what was coming & I just steeled myself. I won’t watch it again. I won’t ever forget it.

Coronagold on July 27, 2006 at 7:10 PM

I had never heard that. It’s sickening.

Still, George Bush is the biggest terrorist, right?

Martin on July 27, 2006 at 7:19 PM

This should be shown by all the news networks at the same time on a given night asap. The title? Why we Fight.
Thank you for posting and may their memories be a blessing to their loved ones…..

robo on July 27, 2006 at 7:46 PM

Thank you for posting this.

Never Forget.

The Ugly American on July 27, 2006 at 9:08 PM

And they’re letting a islamic convert professor teach a course about 9/11 being an inside job…

Insanity.

Well… we’ll win it without the ignorant bastards.

I refuse to bow to allah.

techno_barbarian on July 27, 2006 at 10:00 PM

I can understand where you’re coming from, but this man sounded as if he knew the hope of living was extremely slim from all the smoke he and his co-workers were fighting to live through. He probably thought he was going to die from asphyxiation. And he was only in his 30s or 40s, as were probably his friends. He was scared to death. So I can’t hold him to his actions or reasoning at that point.

Notice the 911 operators’ constant “uplifting” of hope throughout that call. When he got more frantic, she got more positive. This is a must in such a frantic situation.

I’m glad you & I weren’t in that situation. The phonecall sure would’ve sounded different, according to our characters.

Coronagold on July 27, 2006 at 10:03 PM

And NEVER FORGET, the liberal democrats and their “progressive” toadies want to capitulate to the kinds of people that caused that to happen, and want nothing better than to see the downfall of the President of the United States who is currently battling them and their kind.

How mentally ill must democrat voting American people actually be?

NRA4Freedom on July 27, 2006 at 10:11 PM

Regarding 9/11/01 I will: never forget, never forgive and remain in a state of madness until I die.

Besides the 3000 people they killed, they also attacked what I hold most dear – FREEDOM.

From the moment the 2nd tower was hit, I have never recovered. I wish deeply Ayn Rand would be alive to write another masterpiece, this time about a different New York, a city she adored, and a different world. She could express so clearly what happened, what we’d have to do and what would happen if we wouldn’t. She would also make brain-chips (not the computer kind) out of the moonbats.

I had been in the tower-restaurant, window seat, in mid Dec. of 2000. Also, I mentioned in an earlier comment, I knew the co-pilot of the first plane which hit the towers. I worked with his wife for 10 years in the cardiology medical device industry. He was a navy pilot, before he joined American Airlines. His throat was slit before the plane hit the tower, in his quest to help the flight attendants, who’d been attacked first.

There is no way I will ever wear a burka!

Wake up America, because the world never will!

Thanks for sharing and for enraging me even more, sincerely.

Entelechy on July 27, 2006 at 10:20 PM

NRA4Freedom, I love your handle.

Thank you for putting “progressives” in quotes. At the risk of sounding like an incurable hemorrhoid, I can’t repeat and encourage this enough. There is nothing progressive about them! They don’t care about the people in Myanmar/Burma, Rwanda, Somalia, Cuba, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, North Korea, Belarus, etc. They didn’t care about us when I lived in communism either. They don’t care about the millions killed by Stalin, Hitler and their ilk. They don’t care about oppressed women in the Middle East and Africa. They don’t care for the progress of minorities and the poor here, just so long as they vote for them,…It takes utter chutzpah to call yourself “progressive” with a record like that. We should never let them get away with it!

Entelechy on July 27, 2006 at 10:32 PM

Like someone said on another message board when someone talked about what the other countries thought of America… he said.. “I stopped giving a damn what other countries think of us around 10 AM Sept 11, 2001.”

and I concur!!!!

havok on July 28, 2006 at 9:00 AM

Can you imagine being this man’s wife or children and watching this? Are there pills to make that kind of sickness go away, or would you be permenently disabled? I think the latter…

Babs on July 28, 2006 at 9:49 AM

Thanks Allah. We must Never Forget.

kimsch on July 28, 2006 at 11:31 AM

I sort of thought the same thing at first. He’s got that gruff New York attitude of “me, me, me” that so annoys most of the rest of the country.

But think about the sheer horror of his circumstances. It’s obvious from the phone call that he didn’t even know what happened. He knows he’s stuck on the 105th floor of an extremely tall building with seemingly no way out. You can hear the panic rising throughout the phone call. If it were me, I’d probably be babbling nonsense by the time the building came down. He stays lucid all the way to the end. Sure, I’d like to think I’d maintain my midwestern manners in a similar situation, but I don’t know. I hope I never find out.

Those sick, murdering bastards. All for Allah, huh? Well, we’ll be sending Allah plenty of these diseased souls for decades to come. Hopefully until not one remains among the living.

Why is that I, someone who lives in the Midwest and has never even seen New York City up close and personal, gets it while many living in the shadow of destruction seem to have forgotten the sheer horror of that day? WHY?

jaleach on July 28, 2006 at 12:58 PM

I’ll never forget that clip, in addition to all the other aspects of that fateful day permanently etched in my memory. I just hope that, for Kevin and all the others who perished that day, that we hurry up and take care of business. Faster please!

canvas on July 28, 2006 at 2:21 PM

WE WILL GET YOU OBL! As for the rest of the world (and libs), as President Bush put it “you are either with us, or against us” – you decide – there is no middle ground. The line in the sand was drawn.

Rick on July 28, 2006 at 3:42 PM

I think every elected official from the White House to Congress including SCOTUS should be required to watch this until they grow a spine and some balls and do what needs to be done to kill every ef’n terrorist. And if that just happens to create more terrorists as the Left would have us believe, well thats just fine. We’ll just have to kill them, too. Preferably painfully.

GT on August 1, 2006 at 4:58 PM

do you guys like masturbate to this stuff? sick.

sgtjivanelli on August 1, 2006 at 5:15 PM

Allah,

I’m a glutton for punishment.

I listen to all the reasons I need to keep fighting radical Islam and their apologists in the country and the world today. If Mr. Cosgrove can fight for his life in such a tenacious manner, then I, who breathe fresh air every minute of every day, kiss my wife every morning and every evening of every day, and hug my kids every day of my life; who lives where I want, read what I want, and say what I want, should honor him and 2995 other souls who died just because they lived and worked in my country that day.

I should honor as well all the Men and Women of my military who work all day in 115 degree heat, full body armor and pack, living with their weapons, and placing themselves between Osama, Zawahiri, Zarqawi, Nasrallah, Assad, I’manutjob, and every imam who supports them, and sometimes dying or being hurt on my behalf. Because if they were alive here today, they would want me to remember and to fight on.

And I won’t disappoint them.

I’m not worth their spit. But at least I know, there are those in America and elsewhere who are worth less than I. And I won’t let those timid souls dishonor Mr. Cosgrove’s memory.

Press on. To Victory.

Subsunk

Subsunk on August 1, 2006 at 5:18 PM

AP, does the Blue ban extend to his sock puppets also?

Kid from Brooklyn on August 1, 2006 at 5:19 PM

Meanwhile the border is wide open and we are having a “debate” about it and those who come into our country at will…Expired visas, fake id’s, etc etc.

Altura Ct. on August 1, 2006 at 5:49 PM

Amazing, the difference 60 years makes. Our parents and grandparents were attacked, athen went out and put “paid” on those that did it. Now we “enlightened” 21st century folks talk, and debate, and waffle, while our enemy grows stronger, gains support, and turn allies one against another. We bicker between nations on how to care for prisoners, for the love of God! Our enemy cuts the heads off of those they capture, and we wring our hands over human pyramids.THE TIME IS PAST FOR TALK! Libs, if you do not like it, then get out of the way, and let the adults handle this. If you are too squemish to get your hands dirty, Then shut up and let those of us that have worked for a living take care of this mess. We may not have started it, but we can damn sure finish it. And if there are some that think my rant is jingoistic blind patriotism, that is too bad. It was good enough for my 2 grandfathers, and in 1 case their grandfather (ACW) it is good enough for me.

jcon96 on August 1, 2006 at 6:15 PM

Oh, and sgtjivanelli, your are twisted. We remember, and honor. You need help in even thinking that. Sicko.

jcon96 on August 1, 2006 at 6:17 PM

What is it about war the ‘progressives’ don’t understand. This is why we fight.

bluestarchronicles on August 4, 2006 at 4:37 PM

Reminds me of the Nick Berg film – leaves you shaking on the inside – and for some, on the outside.

Even these films wouldn’t change the mind of a pacifist liberal.

The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer.

-Theodore Roosevelt

ar_basin on August 16, 2006 at 3:58 PM

I hope people don’t think me callous or anything, but I agree with this. I kept thinking the guy was jerk while watching that… but despite that, you can’t overcome the sickening feeling of knowing what is going to happen. When he screamed and was cut off right at the moment the tower collapsed, I couldn’t help myself and I cried.

And did you see the post on YouTube where the author blamed the government for blowing up the WTC? I am so completely angry with these morons that say that crap. These fools are constantly saying how much of a moron Bush is then turn around and make claims like it was an inside job… seriously, how much of a freaking genious would the W be to be able to pull this off in the short time since taking office, to command such incredible respect that still to this day, no one on the inside with him has blown the whistle or leaked anything legit, AND to have so completely masterminded all of this that in this day and age, that NO ONE could actually find any proof whatsoever.

I’ve never thought the Dub was an idiot, but he’s certainly not that brilliant… no one is.

rahjr2k on August 17, 2006 at 2:39 AM

Powerful segment…wow.

I agree Havok, I quit caring about what other countries think of us, too.

Thanks Michelle and all who put this site together.

Never forget.

JP_Smith on August 17, 2006 at 9:21 AM

Five minutes after watching that I’m still getting chills.

It’s not a war on terror.

It’s not a war on Islamic fanatics.

It’s a war on Islam.

Islam is more than a religion, it is a system of government. But because it’s also a religion people are afraid to critize. For nearly 1400 years Islam expanded from Arabia out across Asia, Africa and up into Europe, mainly by conquest. Only with the fall of the Ottoman Empire after WWI did the expansion stop and the muslims became splintered. WWI, WWII and the Cold war have driven world events since the early 1900s but now that they are over Islam is on the rise again. It will take a few more years and unfortunately more terrorist attacks, probably with WMD before the west wakes up.

mwe67 on August 17, 2006 at 6:11 PM