Lebanese protest babes

posted at 8:30 pm on July 27, 2006 by Bryan

Well, I don’t know if the “protest” part applies.

These young ladies obviously like freedom. At least one of them supports Hezbollah. If Hezbollah wins, no more freedom.

Update: I fisk a snarky email sent in response to this video.

Those girls are not Lebanese. And they aren’t Muslim. They’re Persian. You know, Iranians? I know all Ay-rabs look the same to you, but trust me, there’s a difference.

Nice tone. I see we have a star student from the Howard Dean School of Manners among us.

Upon what justification do you insist that they’re not Muslims? Because they dance and wear tight clothes? Um-hm. That’s how honor killings get started–when a Muslim man decides a woman isn’t a Muslim based on superficial traits, and then decides to do something about it.

And on the same subject, don’t you notice their obvious Canadian accents? I don’t think Iranians in the West fit the profile of “religious fundamentalists” (seeing how they FLED religious fundamentalism.

M’kay. First, I never said they were “religious fundamentalists.” I don’t think they are. Second, a Canadian accent doesn’t mean anything. John Walker Lindh speaks with a SoCal accent. So does Adam Gadahn. They’re both jihadis. Canada just broke up a major terror cell consisting of people who could be said to have “fled” their religiously fundamental homelands. The UNC car terrorist, Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar, is of Iranian heritage but grew up in the US. And became a devotee of jihad on the way to trying to run down his fellow students with a Jeep Cherokee. If you think a Canadian or any other Western accent exempts one from the possibility of being a “religious fundamentalist,” you’ve been asleep for the past few years.

The only girl who seems to be Lebanese is Hannah, who looks it and uses some Arabic expressions (she calls herself and her friends “Shameet” which mean sluts in Arabic at the end of the video). But I doubt she’s even Muslim (40% of Lebanese are Christian) seeing how she’s dancing around in tight clothes to thousands of viewers on youtube.

Well that’s odd–I got Hannah’s ID right, didn’t I? Not bad for a guy who doesn’t know the difference between Persians and Ay-rabs. As for her mode of dress as a means of identifying her religion, see above. Not all Muslims think and dress alike. Even Osama bin Laden was known to play around in his younger days. He’s quite the fundie nowadays, wouldn’t you agree? Mohammad Atta famously hung out in strip bars, before he flew a plane into the World Trade Center.

Secondly, they’re obviously making FUN of the Hezbollah. Say anything you want about their ability to invoke laughter, but these girls certainly aren’t Hezbollah sympathizers.

Based on what? Granted, I don’t speak any Middle Eastern languages. But in her Canadian accented English she strikes me as a typical clueless teenager, not someone mocking anything. You’ve provided no evidence for your claim that she’s mocking Hezbollah. I’m open to that possibility (I’d prefer it be true, actually), but you haven’t even tried to lay out a case and imho the video doesn’t support you.

Don’t you guys have ANY Middle Eastern or Semitic language speaking contributors to your site? You could use someone to comb through things like these (I only have basic knowledge of Arabic and was able to recognize a group of girls giggling over calling themselves “sluts”)

Perhaps we could, though based on the importance you give to the Canadian accent I hope you’ll forgive me for not automatically taking everything you say as concrete fact. And perhaps you could spend a leetle time studying the reach of groups like Hezbollah and their efforts to recruit among young, second-generation Muslim immigrants in the US and Europe. If you do, you’ll no longer make most of the claims you make in this email.

Update: I’ve heard from one of the young ladies in the video. Two are Persian, one is Lebanese. And at least two of them do think highly of Hezbollah.

Comments

No Freakin clue…..they should be blondes

ChefJeff on July 27, 2006 at 8:41 PM

Man, just like lefties over here..like the chic cause, think it’s oh so cool. Old Nasrahalla would probably kick 10 kinds of sh*t out of her for the dancing and laughing, if not kill her outright, before draping her broken bleeding body in a burka…burka burka blue..(sorry, couldn’t help the last bit)They don’t know what they’re in for if those medieval d*ckweeds (oh Bill and ted, where art thou?) get in power..

austinnelly on July 27, 2006 at 9:00 PM

Just shows that bimbos exist everywhere, cigarettes, airheadedness and all…

Arabic dancing is very difficult and sensuous, and a darn good workout for women’s bellies (not to talk about men’s eyes :)

Here is what would happen to these girls under Nasrallah’s reign – just skim the subtitles in the link:

Dance today in the Arab world -
If you go to the Middle East today you will see dancers performing Belly-dance in tourist hotels and night-clubs in most liberal Arabic countries such as Egypt. However dance is under threat from Islamic fundamentalists and from general social pressure in a male-dominated culture where respectable women do not dance.

Entelechy on July 27, 2006 at 9:19 PM

Look, I don’t care, I’m in love with all of them.

Alex K on July 27, 2006 at 9:29 PM

Hey, I didn’t say that they weren’t hot. They were hawwwt. They were babealicious. But the one in the front seat is delusional..

austinnelly on July 27, 2006 at 9:53 PM

Tunak tunak tun, beyotches.

(how’s that for an inside baseball reference?)

TalkSmack on July 27, 2006 at 10:27 PM

Like, gag me with an RPG.

If there is a video of the Taliban razor blading the lipstick off these dizzy chicks, please post.

Hening on July 27, 2006 at 11:09 PM

I didn’t even know Canadians had a different accent than Americans. Other then the ‘eh’ thing, of course.

Kevin M on July 28, 2006 at 1:17 AM

These grils don’t get it. They would be one of the frist to be put up aginst the wall.

Lc Scott on July 28, 2006 at 5:14 AM

Dude … of course they have an accent. I mean, golly, whenever I see Michael J. Fox or Mike Myers or Pamela Anderson … man, I can barely understand a word they’re saying.

Or not. Nevermind.

Actually, Pam may have an accent. I’m not sure I’ve ever actually heard her speak. She’s sort of distracting in a Canadian kinda way …

Professor Blather on July 28, 2006 at 7:19 AM

Hmm… the word “Bimbo” comes to mind.

“Bimbo”. As a generalized term of disapproval especially for an attractive but vacuous person, according to Merriam-Webster. Often used as a synonym of “Tramp”.

“Vacuous” as in emptied of or lacking content. Marked by lack of ideas or intelligence: STUPID, INANE. Devoid of serious occupation.

Overall, a waste of ether-space. Almost not worth posting on Hot Air, except for the obvious entertainment value.

Lawrence on July 28, 2006 at 9:36 AM

… of course they have an accent.

Most Middle eastern peoples, and many asians for that matter, who speak English where edcuated primarily in British or American schools.

The fact the have an English like or American like or Canadian like accent means almost nothing in context of their points of view on this topic of discussion.

Lawrence on July 28, 2006 at 9:39 AM

Oop… I mean “Middle Eastern”, and “Asian”.

I don’t want to offend anyone by not capitalizing proper names and titles, etc…

Lawrence on July 28, 2006 at 9:40 AM

Bryan,
My family and I really enjoy your well thought out posts. Nothing against Allah — he just can really come across as an elitist blogger. Many of your posts seem to center around family values — and how they are under attack. Would love to see an increase of posts from you.

These girls are acting like a typical slutty teen — too bad that gets girls killed in the circle they endorse. Well … I’m not endorsing acting slutty though.

wytammic on July 28, 2006 at 10:11 AM

Durka Durka Airhead Jihad.

speed647 on July 28, 2006 at 10:46 AM

Sad. They endorse and support the people that would stone them to death at first sight.

Rick on July 28, 2006 at 12:08 PM

Well even Manson had groupies…

venmax on July 28, 2006 at 12:37 PM

burkas for these girls soon enough, if not a public hanging as ordered by the Islamofacists for being too
risque.

gary on July 28, 2006 at 1:56 PM

Makes me think of gansta wannabees, the dumb suburban guys who pretend they are black gang members.

Those girls are cute. Problem is, most parents don’t want their kids to be gansta wannabees. It might be different here.

These girls look dopey enough to put some money in the collection plate for the bad guys, or carry a package for them to a drop to be cool.

entagor on July 29, 2006 at 12:07 PM

…and they are so bright. Keep supporting the Hizbos girls.

RobCon on July 29, 2006 at 7:19 PM