Jason Leopold: “It feels like I’m fighting insurgents right now”

posted at 4:51 pm on July 27, 2006 by Allahpundit

Comparing his own mundane personal problems to battling killers in Iraq would have earned him some serious chickenhawk flak if he was in favor of the war.

Lucky for him he’s one of the good guys.

You know what good guys get to do? They get to bend the rules. Not break them, mind you. Just bend ‘em a little bit:

We’re in a time when a lot of things are happening in this country, and no one wants to talk about it. Certainly nobody wants to talk about it on the record, so getting that information sometimes, in what I was revealing, [requires] bending the rules. I know other reporters out there have done it. [With] me admitting it and coming out and saying this is what I did, I would expect editors down the road to put me under a microscope, and I absolutely welcome that. Right now we have reporters embedded with the White House, Democrats, Republicans. I think the rules of journalism … I’m not saying break ’em, but if it’s for the public good, bend ’em a little bit.

Or, you know, bend ‘em a lot.

Speaking of which, Seixon has a new post up in which he writes, oh so tantalizingly, “I am in the process of getting the phone number of the person who made the death threat against me. Apparently my phone carrier is more helpful than the local police. Go figure.”

He accused Leopold yesterday of having made the call, which is a pretty outrageous accusation to level against a former cokehead who did time for grand larceny and was once fired, as he tells it, for threatening to “rip a reporter’s head off.”

But that’s an insurgent for you. No matter what you do, they just keep coming.

Comments

At this point I think we can sit back and watch him dig dig dig deeper. He will not be able to help himself.

bbz123 on July 27, 2006 at 4:58 PM

where’s BOB who made a sarcastic comment like this just a day ago? Crow anyone?

Defector01 on July 27, 2006 at 5:08 PM

So, what kind of popcorn goes this kind of entertainment – Jolly Time KettleMania or Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet Popping Corn with extra butter?

GT on July 27, 2006 at 5:08 PM

I banned her after she yukked it up about the death threat Seixon got.

Allahpundit on July 27, 2006 at 5:08 PM

Allah was kind enough to give me BoB’s slot, but I think you’ll be disappointed with my non-existent attempts to emulate a leftard.

I don’t know how to dumb myself down that much….

nukemhill on July 27, 2006 at 5:27 PM

Hmmmmm …… Leopold, Greenwald, Kos, Frisch. I know there’s other bloggers out there whose antics could be added to a list. I’m just drawing a blank right now.

“The tiniest violin.” Nice

darwin on July 27, 2006 at 5:39 PM

I will miss BoB terribly.

BoB, please go read my (late) comment on the “Clinton Barbra Streisand Ann Coulter” thread.

patterico et all, who thought otherwise, Allah confirmed that BoB is a ‘she’!

What a shame that she never had the pride to do so herself – what is she ashamed of? Girl, you need help, sincerely.

Entelechy on July 27, 2006 at 5:45 PM

Why do the upper-crusties have to experience catharsis in book form?

They battle inner demons. They choke on angst. They feel so much pain the words come out like lead sinkers.

Think of all the trees cut down for these exorcisms.

This is a man meant for a different wrong era, when ripping someone’s head off, figuratively, meant kicking his behind and biting off the head of a bat, unlike today when it literally means ripping someone’s head off.

I have a copy of the Church of England’s prayer of Exorcism. If I was sure it wasn’t copyrighted, I would post it forthwith as it is quite effective on such cases.

entagor on July 27, 2006 at 7:47 PM

oops, typo, I meant to type:
this is a man meant for a different era…..

the devil has my hands tonight

entagor on July 27, 2006 at 7:48 PM

Man, I just can’t decide: Should I have a turkey sandwich for lunch tomorrow, or a slice of pizza? Man, it feels like I’m fighting insurgents right now with this lunch dilemna.

Kevin M on July 28, 2006 at 12:17 AM

I feel your pain, Kevin M! I do!

And soon, the choice will be seared, seared into your stomach and the dilemma will begin again, only larger!

After all, dinner is coming!

heldmyw on July 28, 2006 at 11:35 AM