A Jolt of Bolton

Sen Foreign Relations Cmte
WaPo * Shlaes * D. Limbaugh
Clinton/Schumer feel heat
Atlas Vlogs Bolton
Flashback: Console George

Download Vent for your iPod

Comments

What a goofball. IF he is worried about his grandkids, he had better HOPE that most of the “world” is NOT our “friend”, because the ONLY way that would EVER happen is if we capitulated and bowed down to them and THEIR interests long BEFORE our own.

How on EARTH did this Nation become so full of seditious traitors???

NRA4Freedom on July 27, 2006 at 9:35 AM

I like John Bolton…. He does a great job putting the USA perspective across. After all, the USA does give a significant chunk of cash to the UN. Plus I like his mustache.

happyhead on July 27, 2006 at 9:43 AM

What is this? AN EXAMPLE OF…STRENGTH THROUGH TEARS? Indeed if that Senator is so worried about his kids and grandkids…

THEN WHY IN FLAMING BLOODY HELL IS HE HOLDING OFFICE?

Indeed, the problem with John Bolton is that he does PUT AMERICA FIRST! That is why too many members of Congress cannot tolerate him. Too many of them (and too many Americans, it seems) want get permission from the EU, the UN, and probably HezNOBALLSa and MS/BVDS-13 before doing anything. Bolton does not play that game.

Indeed, during the last presidental election, I heard on the radio a Kerry staffer state that it would be a good idea if the ENTIRE WORLD should have a say in whom we elect as President of the United States that we should be INCLUSIVE! My God, the Horror…the Horror.

The False Dervish on July 27, 2006 at 9:51 AM

BTW-

Michelle…

MORE MUSIC FROM THE VENTILATORS, PLEASE!

The False Dervish on July 27, 2006 at 9:53 AM

This is a time for strength and Bolton is exactly who America needs representing us in the U.seless N.ations.

It seems to me that the U.N. has now actually moved from corrupt and incompetent to openly siding with the terrorists.

Kick koffi out, kick the U.N. out of our country and stop funding and supporting it. The U.N. needs to go the way of the League of Nations. The sooner the better.

All they are in Lebanon is human shields for hizb’allah. The U.N. has consistantly failed in the execution of its duties. It needs to be held accountable and suffer consequences for its inaction and incompetence.

techno_barbarian on July 27, 2006 at 10:00 AM

Bolton in one diah of an old fashion balance scale and 237 elected Democrats piled in the other dish

Guess which one weighs in more on US Interests at the UN?

Can this guy run for President? Or does Condi need a running mate?

Love to see him debate Hillary!

EricPWJohnson on July 27, 2006 at 10:03 AM

John Bolton for President!

kmcguire on July 27, 2006 at 10:45 AM

I loved seeing him give the smackdown to Kucinich. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Ellen on July 27, 2006 at 10:46 AM

“I don’t have time to read fiction.”

I love it! Bolton is exactly the right person we need at the U.N.

At least until we stop funding it, get out, and kick those parasites out (and salt the earth the U.N. Building stood on).

The U.N. is actively supporting and providing combat support to Hezbollah buy acting as ‘spotters’ and repairing roads so Hez can get reinforcements.

CrazyFool on July 27, 2006 at 10:52 AM

Biden already mucking up the proceedings with the “in a time when more diplomacy is needed” crapola.Looky here Joey boy, there is no diplomacy with killers, you use this word to cover your deisre to appease and hide under the covers.Bolton has some nads, I guess the testosterone scares the dems.

bbz123 on July 27, 2006 at 11:08 AM

Kucinich walked rigth into Boltons trap, everyone saw it coming…but Kucinich. What a stupid schmuck.

THANK GOD we have Bolton in the Useless Nations right now.

shooter on July 27, 2006 at 11:22 AM

The Dems by opposing Bolton are also opposing the interests of our country. Purely on that basis, how can anyone vote for a Democrat?

docdave on July 27, 2006 at 11:37 AM

“I don’t have time to read fiction.”

Beautiful, I’m tired of the usual spineless wimps that back down just because a politician is asking them a question. It’s nice to see someone keep their composure in a forum like that.

High Desert Wanderer on July 27, 2006 at 11:42 AM

While we’re at it, how about a few kudos to President Bush for picking the right guy? If this were Kerry/Gore land right now, our UN representative might be…(drum roll)…Barbara Streisant! (misspelled for comedic effect, as she can’t spell). Or…Howard Dean!
Thank God for President Bush, and for the millions of us who returned him to the Oval Office.

Doug on July 27, 2006 at 11:49 AM

I don’t have much time to read fiction

that’s a quote for the decade
Bolton will be given a true ambassadorship and from there he’ll start kicking ass and taking names. I love this guy as an ambassador and wish we had more like him

Defector01 on July 27, 2006 at 11:57 AM

My goodness, did he deliver a knockout shot straight to the jaw of Dennis Kucinich or what?!?! I don’t have time to read fiction …. :)).

As for Voinovich, his display of wussitude on the senate floor should never be forgotten.

And on a tangential matter – with the mustache, I think it’s safe to say that Bolton is the walrus. Koo koo ka joob. (who are the eggmen?)

thirteen28 on July 27, 2006 at 12:04 PM

you know, i saw the clip of vionovitch endorsing John Bolton recently, and i had forgotton that it was HIM that was crying his eyes out in the senate… the funny thing is the sissy didn’t even say “i was wrong”… he simply now endorses bolton for the job… as i recall, the most memorable objection to bolton i had ever heard was that he was sometimes mean to staffers…. awwwwww, boo-hoo, john bolton made me cry! waaaaaaa!
michelle, you and i have always seen eye-to-eye on the UN… defund. disband.
the organization is a miasma of corruption and fetid stench… an excellent move to begin rectifing the problem might be to immediately remove “mr nepotism” the crook, cokie annan and his nephews, huey, dewey, and koofi

angry_mike on July 27, 2006 at 12:07 PM

I am a strong supporter of John Bolton.

After my dad had heart bypass surgery he would sometimes start crying for the slightest reason. His doctor said that it was often a side effect of heart surgery.

From a quick Google search I was able to determine that in 2003 Senator Voinovich had a pacemaker installed.

Maybe the crying jokes should stop now.

jtdavies on July 27, 2006 at 12:29 PM

No, I don’t think so jt. Thanks to AC, I will never again fall for the infallible pointman attack again.

RobertCSampson on July 27, 2006 at 12:57 PM

Oops too many again’s but I digress..Sen. Voinovich is a weenie.

RobertCSampson on July 27, 2006 at 12:58 PM

John Bolton,
Is and always will be strong .
He has to clean the diarrhea from the left and Kofi ..
They simple don’t understand when we want a Man(John Bolton ) to stop the bull from the UN, we sent in our best !!
As for that little twit in the senate that wants Bolton to read some lying report is just a punk..
Kick his butt Bolton…

alyce on July 27, 2006 at 1:02 PM

John Bolton in ’08? For Senate? Congress? I’d say we could use some reform and straight-talk everywhere.

MT on July 27, 2006 at 2:09 PM

I HUGELY support John Bolton. I think of all of Bush’s picks, he was by far the best. The way he handled Dennis Kucinich was outstanding, and proves why he is the best man for the job. I say leave him there as our ambassador for as long as we tolerate the UN. Which I also agree should be tossed out of the US, but until such time, we need Bolton where he is.

MalkinFan on July 27, 2006 at 2:32 PM

/off-topic

The cable modem has gone tatas up and I’ve been stuck with dial-up service for the last three days.

Which sucks. Beyond measure.

But guess what I miss most? My morning Vent, of course! I can read the comments, but downloading the damn thing would take like an hour … so I’ve been sans Vent.

It’s cold, cruel world.

/back on-topic …

Professor Blather on July 27, 2006 at 3:30 PM

Blather, no wonder we haven’t heard you blather!! missing you tons and your infinite words of wisdom. :)

Bolton is THE MAN!! It sure is refreshing to hear someone speak the plain truth instead of all this politically correct appeasement mumbo jumbo. And I agree with earlier posters – he’s the best appointee Bush has made.

pullingmyhairout on July 27, 2006 at 3:38 PM

i was also wondering where you were professor… hope you come back soon… someone needs to temper my ranting with logic… ;-)

mike

angry_mike on July 27, 2006 at 3:45 PM

Our sympathies go out to you prof. Blather. Is there life without broadband?

Is there anyway to video clip the Kucinich – Bolton exchange? I’d just like to loop that about 100 times and give myself the giggles … How come that wasn’t on every news station in the country?

-FOG

Fogpig on July 27, 2006 at 4:06 PM

Maybe the crying jokes should stop now.

jtdavies on July 27, 2006 at 12:29 PM

I do not see jokes about crying here. Harsh comments, perhaps.

I know nothing of pacemaker surgery or the side effects of it. I think that the Senator cried ON PURPOSE for political theatrics. As far as I know, there has never been a reported incident where the Senator has cried during session. If he has a history of doing so, then it would be constantly reported…and we would definately hear all the jokes by now.

Remember that the Senate is a stage.

The False Dervish on July 27, 2006 at 4:36 PM

The United Nonsense hate Bolton because he is the only one that speaks the truth there. He is also the only one that calls out the b*llsh%tt#rs there. This just happens to be what the leftists in this country hate — The Truth!! All liberals want is someone that will eloquently lie to them.

Rick on July 27, 2006 at 4:47 PM

Trackbacking to you never seems to work. So I’ll post a ‘good job’ here instead.

Kevin M on July 27, 2006 at 4:58 PM

Heh heh heh…I’d forgot all about that “I don’t have time to read much fiction” line. It’s classic.

Bob's Kid on July 27, 2006 at 5:45 PM

Professor, we have been the ‘poorer’ sans you. Come back soon!

thirteen28, a kiss for the usage of the word ‘wussitude’ – can’t stop laughing about that – bravo!

thirteen28, again, Mr. Bolton is not a walrus (too physically inflexible and not feisty enough) – he is a mustachoed-shark :)

The U.N. should be dissolved or kept here – I can’t stand it either but I don’t want the ‘devil’ in Paris or Zuerich, plotting against us. Here he’s in our bossom.

It’s good for men to cry now and then, but, hopefully, for something more tender and substantive than prima donna time for any Senator. All 100 imagine that they deserve to be President and all are full of hot air, often, on both sides.

If the conservatives win 2008, and C. Rice is in the mix or tired, he should be named Secretary of State. That would be some hearing!

Single females – dinner with Mr. Bolton or Mr. Kucinich?

Entelechy on July 27, 2006 at 11:37 PM

jtdavies, it’s not so much the crying as what he says. Voinovich was buying into the left’s bogus argument that all the tension in the world is caused by American/Bush’ rudeness and that the way to bring peace and harmony is to listen more to the Europeans etc.

Like this ridiculous group. Being a (ex-)European this kind of thing really gets on my nerves. Europeans and arabs hate America because they want to be world powers themselves! It’s that simple. No amount of playing nice will change that.

Entelechy, you deserve a break today, sucka, ha ha!

modifiedcontent on July 28, 2006 at 12:36 AM

“Yeah baby”??? …*rolls eyes*…Ugh….I could’ve done without that silly insert.

The Ugly American on July 28, 2006 at 1:47 AM

Now FoxNews was showing Kerry attempting to cross swords with Bolton. You’d think he’d know better, after losing to Bush, but anyway, Kerry was sniping at Bolton about favoring 6 party talks to deal with North Korea.
“Why not go with bi-lateral talks, Mr Bolton, as was done during the Clinton Administration?”
“Which were a big mistake, didn’t work, and North Korea quickly broke that agreement.”
ouch.

Doug on July 28, 2006 at 2:30 AM

Well, Kerry was for taking on Bolton, before he was whipped by Bolton.

Wyrd on July 28, 2006 at 7:10 AM

Entelechy, you have got to be kidding! Would any woman with a brain and her eyesight be in the same building, much less the same table with Kucinich?

Ellen on July 28, 2006 at 7:13 AM

Ellen, I was beyond kidding – I was utterly sarcastic. I liked your Streisand-thread comment too.

modifiedcontent, I agree with your statement, except mind your own calendar. Also, there is no such thing as an (ex)-European. One can be born in Europe and live as a U.S.-citizen or green-card holder, we both know. I like you anyway :)

Entelechy on July 28, 2006 at 11:54 AM

Your usually informed and intelligent commentary was jarringly interrupted by that reporter [??!?} and her “yeah baby” commentary. Rather … inappropriate. Time to rein in the intern.

Claire on July 28, 2006 at 8:33 PM