Seixon vs. Leopold and Johnson: The creepiest blog scandal ever (Update: “You’re a dead man”)

posted at 12:00 pm on July 26, 2006 by Allahpundit

So creepy, in fact, that I feel guilty now for having done that jaunty little scandal round-up.

Your quote of the day, from an e-mailer whom Seixon claims is media whore/former CIA operative Larry “Rove drove his mother to suicide” Johnson:

I am willing to accept a written apology and move on. If you refuse to retract your statements about me I am prepared to ratchet this up several levels. I have not spent the last twenty years working with the U.S. military and the intelligence community to accept this kind of nonsense from a wet-nosed 24 year old coward, who is an armchair warrior but does not have the courage to enlist in the military when his country is at war.

And later:

I know where you are living. You forget that I do work for the European Union and friends in Interpol. I’ve offered you a mature way to deal with this situation. You’re obviously too immature and inexperienced to recognize the offer for what it is. Too bad.

Patterico compares this to Frisch obliquely threatening Goldstein’s kid but, nutty as she is, I don’t think anyone thought Dr. Demento intended to follow through. She’s a crank with a taste for vitriol. This is something different — basically the blog version of “Unlawful Entry.”

I emphasize that Seixon claims this is Johnson not because I doubt the sincerity of his belief but because, as Ace pithily recounts, there’s so much subterfuge and deceit being practiced here that it’s hard to keep the players straight, let alone affirmatively declare that anyone is who he says he is.

That said.

If it can be proved that it’s him, two things need to happen. One, obviously, is a call to the FBI, assuming that hasn’t happened already. The statutes are dicey but Seixon needs to get this stuff on the record, now, in some sort of official capacity in case something happens. Even if the FBI won’t intervene, it’ll be important to know later that they were notified and chose not to (or couldn’t) act. Second, media outlets that continue to use Johnson as their Bush bludgeon should be reminded of this episode regularly and vigorously. It won’t stop them from using him — Ray McGovern was doing guest-shots on on Jim Lehrer’s show almost a year after his comments about Bush being a Zionist puppet — but that’s the point, isn’t it? It won’t stop them from using him. Let’s make sure as many people as possible know it.

Jesus. When did blogs become bloodsport?

Update: No sooner did I post this than Seixon put a new post up describing a phone call he received this morning. The conversation, in toto: “You’re a dead man.”

He has a theory.

Update: Patterico says I misstated his position on Frisch vis-a-vis this. He’s right. Follow the link and you’ll see. Apologies.

Meanwhile, Goldstein says war’s just a shot away

Comments

When did blogs become bloodsport?

When the media noticed that they’d lost their absolute control of the narrative to people in pajamas. They’re not going to take it laying down, but they’re going to have to learn to take it anyway.

Pablo on July 26, 2006 at 12:13 PM

This is getting absolutely insane
Everyone really needs to freakin cool off

Defector01 on July 26, 2006 at 12:20 PM

Considering that Robert Fisk is still on (Australian) TV–via Tim Blair, I have little hope that it’s possible to discredit Leopold.

Fisk: “If you can hit a warship at two miles, you can probably hit an F-16 at one mile.”

Riiight…

MamaAJ on July 26, 2006 at 12:23 PM

Wow … AP, you’re absolutely right. This needs to be disseminated as fast and as widespread as possible to let whoever these goons are know they’re playing in the real world now.

darwin on July 26, 2006 at 12:27 PM

Some advice for these people:

1. Find the on/off switch to your computer. Set it to the off position.

2. Inspect the outer walls of the building you are in. On at least one of these outer walls, you will notice an irregularity that includes a frame, some hinges, and a handle that is approximately waist high. Walk towards this irregularity (in the world in which we live, this is referred to as a ‘door’. Door.)

3. Operate the handle while applying a transverse force to the irregularity known as a door. This will cause the door to open and expose you to the outside world.

4. Once the door is open, proceed to outside world.

5. (Optional) shut door behind you.

6. Stay in outside world. Explore. Contemplate. Get a life.

thirteen28 on July 26, 2006 at 12:31 PM

In any grouping of 1000+ people, there are going to be a few nutjobs who are mentally unstable.

Clark1 on July 26, 2006 at 12:31 PM

CHICKENHAWK DOWN! CHICKENHAWK DOWN! CALL IN BACK UP! WE NEED A MEDIC!

Cliff May was right! US soldiers have it easy patrolling the dangerous streets of Baghdad. If they only knew of the extreme dangers facing the couragous members of the 101st Armchair Keyboard Commando Regiment fighting the war of words in blog-land.

Someone needs to develop a yellow-ribbon campaign for the unfortunate victims of US blogwars.

better off blue on July 26, 2006 at 12:35 PM

So someone’s getting death threats — and you’re response is to call him a chickenhawk.

You know what, blue? I’ve finally had enough. Buh-bye.

Allahpundit on July 26, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Move the cyber bullying to MySpace where it belongs.

BelchSpeak on July 26, 2006 at 12:38 PM

i was wondering when Blue would open his big mouth

Defector01 on July 26, 2006 at 12:53 PM

Pretty sure Seixon lives in Canada Allah. He is gonna need the mounties.

The Real Ugly American on July 26, 2006 at 1:03 PM

What a nutjob… I just read the wiki on ol’ Lar’ here…

I’m thinking, file under “despicable human being.”

Savage on July 26, 2006 at 1:05 PM

Is this truly bothering you Allah?

(off topic) Also, I cannot believe you are 24!!!!!!!!! So young to be such a cynic about women!

Rightwingsparkle on July 26, 2006 at 1:05 PM

Man, I never get death threats, and I even tell people where I am. I seriously need to make the time to become a hardcore blogger. The loosers can post all the death threats and harrasments that they want. All it does is further the divide between rational thinkers and knuckle dragging ignorant liberals who actually beleive that watching James Lipton every week gives them an amazing power of deduction.

Wyrd on July 26, 2006 at 1:13 PM

You know what, blue? I’ve finally had enough. Buh-bye.

Does this mean (kneel and) B.O.B. is banned?

If so, who will we use for our resident punching bag now?

thirteen28 on July 26, 2006 at 1:14 PM

This is scary when people start lobbing death threats at bloggers. For God’s sake, what happened to civility? I thought the Frisch incident was bad enough, but this just takes it to a whole new level. Keep safe Seixon, and report this to the FBI ASAP!

DakRoland on July 26, 2006 at 1:26 PM

BoB is a lousy punching bag. It’s like punching water. No resistance and just flows away from difficulty.

Wyrd on July 26, 2006 at 1:26 PM

Allah,

It’s wrong to say I am comparing this to Frisch — at least to imply that I see an equivalence. I said, essentially: you thought THAT was bad? That was nothing compared to this!

Patterico on July 26, 2006 at 1:29 PM

Actually, more like “circles the commode when flushed” … still, he was a fun (if pitifully easy) target, so in that aspect he’ll be missed if he’s banned. But I can’t necessarily blame the management for continuing today’s musical theme by singing the Beatles chorus of “You say hello, and I say Buh-bye” to B.o.B.

thirteen28 on July 26, 2006 at 1:34 PM

Good God, man … tell me for the love of all that is holy that you did not ban BetterOffBall-less?

After all my hard work to finally discover the secrets of his illustrious military career?

After 44 separate requests that he cough up the details of his sparkling war record, I am confident that in just 24 more business hours … all would have been revealed.

All my efforts – dashed. My curiosity forever unquenched.

I was so close. And I would have known all, if it weren’t for you meddling moderators.

I love BetterOffBlue. He tastes like hypocrisy.

Professor Blather on July 26, 2006 at 1:35 PM

Ha. Actually, I’m 31. Seixon is 24.

Patterico — You’re right. I’ll update.

Allahpundit on July 26, 2006 at 1:39 PM

Hmm … just a theory here … maybe B.o.B. is actually John Kerry, since the willingness to release his military records appears to be about the same as that of ol’ Lurch himself. Not to mention the dour stick-in-the-mud personality.

rightwingsparkle:

For Allah’s sake, keep him away from any and all Woody Allen movies!!

thirteen28 on July 26, 2006 at 1:44 PM

You know what bothers me the most? It’s not that there are creepy people out there on the net. That’s a given. But that so many of the ones I come in contact with are also teachers.

Now that is bothersome.

Rightwingsparkle on July 26, 2006 at 1:50 PM

You know what, blue? I’ve finally had enough. Buh-bye.

Thank you, Allah. Never seen anything but drive by baiting from that idiot.

Addition via subtraction. It works!

Pablo on July 26, 2006 at 2:48 PM

As I said in my Digg comment, this shows two things:

1) Some of these people are taking these things way too seriously.
2) Some of those same people are not taking some serious meds (and they should be).

KCSteve on July 26, 2006 at 3:09 PM

“maybe B.o.B. is actually John Kerry”

Hmmm … possibly. I was thinking he sounded alot like that Al Franken guy. You know, the guy that wears satellite dishes for glasses?

darwin on July 26, 2006 at 3:31 PM

Well, we havent ever actually seen BOB and Kerry together have we? hmmmmm?
This death threat thing being lobbed at people for writing something you dont like is a serious personality flaw..moonBATTY!

labwrs on July 26, 2006 at 3:46 PM

I always thought BoB was someone at Hot Air playing the part of the crazy liberal. However, BoB did remind me at times of Juan Williams. In any event, I’m glad BoB is Better off Bounced.

Rick on July 26, 2006 at 3:49 PM

ok, with the exception of the fact that someone’s life was threatened, I fail to see why this is important. can someone clue me in? is it illegal to have a sock puppet? are these just ‘unwritten’ blog rules?

and, i’m kind of sad to see BoB banned. i enjoyed sparring with her/him/it (if you could call it that, since she/he/it never responded – perfect example of a ‘drive by blogger.’)

pullingmyhairout on July 26, 2006 at 6:14 PM

i was wondering when Blue would open his big mouth

I was wondering if he ever closed it.

GT on July 26, 2006 at 6:20 PM

The same mindset that causes the left to refer to their opponents (us) as Nazis, goosesteppers, and brownshirts, also leads to making threats like that nutjob at the U of Arizona and, now, in this case.

The instances of DEMOCRATS firing guns at offices rented by Republicans in 2004 have been documented. The slashing of tires by Democratic operatives in Milwaukee was not only documented, but convictions were obtained.

And what should we expect to happen when (not if) the Democrats fail to regain either House of Congress in November?

Will they take defeat at the polls as good losers? History (2000, 2002, and 2004) says that they won’t. The question is how far will they go to protest their loss? Will they the attempt to overthrow the election via street protest? Or maybe even an outright putsch?

I do not trust the left (especially the KOS, DU, etc., moonbats). They hate too much. They cannot let go and move on.

I would not take ANY written or phoned threat to be a prank. They need to be reported to the FBI.

georgej on July 26, 2006 at 6:59 PM

I read about 1/2 of Seixons’ blog yesterday juming over some paragraphs & it blew me away. He definitely should report the guy.

Coronagold on July 26, 2006 at 7:30 PM

Seixon shouldn’t bother with the FBI. He should take this straight to Al Gore. If the guy who invented the Internet and loathes digital brownshirts cannot solve his problem then no one can.

Unless there is no controlling legal authority which exists to make this wrong.

Bellicose Muse on July 27, 2006 at 1:04 AM

Professor et all, who thought otherwise, Allah wrote in today’s comments section of the latest thread about sockpuppetry that he ‘deleted’ Better off Blue yesterday and that it was a ‘she’.

While I will miss BoB and the puppy-fights she invariably started early in a thread, while then whimpering/hiding cowardly away and watch, believing firmly in our ‘joint conservative insanity’, I also wish that discerning Democrats would make their views known here, in a strong but civilized way.

I will never understand why BoB didn’t have the courage to admit to her sex. I thought that liberals love femininity.

Allah, 31 is still very young :)

Entelechy on July 27, 2006 at 6:31 PM