St. Cindy in a “blue funk” over Israel (Update: Hunger-strike-progress photos of Cindy added )

posted at 8:41 pm on July 25, 2006 by Allahpundit

Not for the first time, either. The last one earned her a fan letter from David Duke.

Sustained by righteousness and the occasional banana split, she weeps for the sorrows of mankind. But in a piece brimming with quotables, this freighted passage is my favorite:

I recognize Israel’s right to defend itself as I recognize the US’s right to defend ourselves as I recognize Lebanon’s and Iraq’s right to defend themselves — but I do not, cannot, and will not recognize anyone’s right to commit wholesale slaughter on babies and children. I refuse to recognize that right no matter who does it — terrorists or state-sanctioned wars of terror — I refuse to recognize the right to slaughter and, whether it makes a difference, or not, I refuse to be silent about it.

Any guesses as to whom she has in mind when she refers to “Iraqis” and “Lebanese” “defending themselves”? Here’s a clue: the piece is being hosted at MichaelMoore.com.

If you want to know why the nutroots gets that deer-in-the-headlights look when the subject is mentioned, look no further than today’s newswire. On one side they have Mother Sheehan practicing brain-dead, absolutist moral equivalence; on the other they have House Democrats demanding that Maliki’s invitation to address Congress be rescinded unless he apologizes for condemning Israel. Their compasses are spinning. They know they have a problem here, too: last year Charles Johnson wrote a post criticizing dKosopedia’s slanted entry on Israel — whereupon the Kossacks scambled, and within hours had revised the entry to make it more balanced. Good luck finding another vein of right-wing criticism that could get the Kidz to snap-to so quickly.

Although there’s only so much a rapid-response team can hide.

Kofi Annan just accused Israel of deliberately targeting UN peacekeepers in the airstrike that killed four of them in Lebanon earlier tonight, so maybe those compasses will start pointing towards Cindy tomorrow. Can’t wait.

Update: Charles from Age of Hooper is just back from a Code Pink protest with photos of Cindy. Bear in mind when you click that right now she’s supposedly three weeks into a hunger strike.

Comments

Listening to the 630pm news report on the local talk radio station, the newsreader did mention that Hezbollah tends to put their bases next to the UN’s.

Richsamg on July 25, 2006 at 9:04 PM

I would like to know all of the facts surrounding the deaths of those UN ‘Peacekeepers’. Could it be that they were assisting the terrorists in setting up a few missiles?

Is it my imagination or did Cindy get F A T? [snicker]

Time to go a Digging. ;o)

DannoJyd on July 25, 2006 at 9:15 PM

This is the wages of moral relativistism. The result is being morally clueless. So when a moral question arises, well. They’re both right, see. Chickens coming home to roost, as Ward Churchill would say.

Pavel on July 25, 2006 at 9:15 PM

relativism. Sheesh.

Pavel on July 25, 2006 at 9:15 PM

Good to have you back, Allahpundit.

EFG on July 25, 2006 at 9:16 PM

The muffin top seems to be expanding.

Kid from Brooklyn on July 25, 2006 at 9:23 PM

Wuff… Charles should have put a not worksafe on cindi’s pics…

opiemuyo on July 25, 2006 at 9:33 PM

Well,seeing as the UN is rebuilding the roads that the Israelis bombed so that the terrorists can re-arm, i say open season on the blue-helmets,they are with the enemy on this plain and simple.

bbz123 on July 25, 2006 at 10:14 PM

Charles should have put a not worksafe on cindi’s pics…

*GAG*

I was married to a woman named Cindy – they’re both freaking lunatics.

speed647 on July 25, 2006 at 10:22 PM

Verrücktenfreude – “for the malicious pleasure we take in our opponents’ insanity”, from:

You can always spell it the international way “Verruecktenfreude”

Entelechy on July 25, 2006 at 10:24 PM

Trust me
Cindy Sheehan is not loved in Israel for her comments when she was just becoming a media doll
Regarding the Iraqi PM; I understand why he said it and the back story of Arabs and Jews so I’m not angry about it but I’m worried for sure

Defector01 on July 25, 2006 at 10:39 PM

If she keeps fasting like this they gonna need a friggin’ wrecker to get her out of that ditch in Crawford.

B Moe on July 25, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Oh, cut the poor woman some slack. I’m sure she is mere hours away from being in the hospital with a feeding tube, same as Saddam. Saddam started his hunger strike on July 7th, so keep that ambulance on standby….

rw on July 26, 2006 at 12:58 AM

Hugo likes his women plump. She might have discovered a new way to intake calories orally while she was down in Venezuela.

Hening on July 26, 2006 at 8:25 AM

So on the one hand we have Momma Moonbat partying with the likes of Cynthia “Jihad” McKinney and on the other we have Saddam Hussein being admitted to a hospital and both allegedly started their hunger strikes at the same time. Something tells me one of them is lying. If the day ever comes when Cindy, who lost a son in Iraq, Sheehan ever needs a feeding tube I volunteer to insert it even though like her having no knowledge of foreign affairs, I have no knowledge or experience of inserting feeding tubes. This should not be any cause for alarm on her part however because I will stay at a Holiday Inn Express™ before attempting it.

LakeRuins on July 26, 2006 at 9:32 AM

Looks like she’s been to the Ted Kennedy school of weight loss!

Reality Check on July 26, 2006 at 9:49 AM

Surely Soros can replace Sheehan’s folding chair with an elliptical machine.

Aunt B on July 26, 2006 at 10:12 AM

Nothing like unhinged moonbats having a discussion about Israel’s existence.

Rick on July 26, 2006 at 11:43 AM

Cindy has a funny definition for “defending” one’s country. In her world, that means sitting around a conference table drinking coffee, writing notes to your aide reminding him or her to pick up a present for your mistress, and making inclusive, non-offensive, politically correct statements into a bank of microphones at the end of the day. Yeah, Cindy, that’ll save the world. I remember fondly how World War II was avoided thanks to Chamberlain’s visit to Hitler. Endless negotiations will always save the day.

Personally, I prefer diplomacy when one side (preferably us) negotiates from a position of strength, i.e. we’ve reduced the other side to rubble. For some reason, negotiations always seem to work better that way.

jaleach on July 26, 2006 at 12:28 PM

I doubt that many Democrats are going to invite Sheehan to stump for them, but every one that does will probably be kissing their chances goodbye. She’s guilty of the most heinous political sin: she’s unlikable. What a sad life-and I’m not being mean here. I think she is a very sad person, who was used/abused by the Liberals, but has outlived her usefulness to them. No wonder she’s embracing Chavez-keep moving left and eventually you fall off the world. Sad.

Doug on July 26, 2006 at 2:46 PM

That’s one ugly Drag Queen.

thegreatsatan on July 26, 2006 at 5:28 PM

Frankly, I’m stunned that she’s wearing a SKIRT in the pictures. Maybe she got too fat for her usual frumpy pants?
Usually she seems to go for the more butch look.

bamapachyderm on July 26, 2006 at 5:45 PM

“Mother” Sheehan is openly anti-semitic. Her statement is nothing but spin and “damage control” to cover her earlier anti-Israel, anti-Jew, remarks.

The woman disgusts me and I feel nothing but contempt for her and her friends. Any compassion I had as a Gold Star Mother vanished when she started calling Bush names.

The left destroyed our national political comity more than a decade ago. In dealing with them, I’m not of the mind to “take prisoners.”

georgej on July 26, 2006 at 6:16 PM

Looks like Al-Cindy is now picking up her apparel from the local tent and awning store. Take a good look at those rolls around her stomach….wouldn’t they have diminished a bit after this 20 plus day “fast”?

doingwhatican on July 26, 2006 at 7:04 PM

Remember the Conyers(D) hosted “impeachment” hearing attended by Joe Wilson(D), Cindy Sheehan and drooling anti-Semite McGovern?

“You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you’ll stop the terrorism,” — Cindy Sheehan

DANEgerus on July 26, 2006 at 7:54 PM

So many of you are incredibly funny. Even if I were a leftie, I could be entertained. It’s so sad that most of them are so BDS-possessed that they’ve lost the ability to enjoy. I can laugh at our side, any day. Nothing like self-deprecation too.

LakeRuins, I have a ‘sick’ sense of humor – you ‘killed’ me!

Entelechy on July 26, 2006 at 10:12 PM