The greatest sock-puppet story ever told

posted at 4:59 pm on July 24, 2006 by Allahpundit

How great? John Dean makes a cameo.

It’s pure Le Carre. Just like the Hiltzik thing was pure A.C. Doyle, just like the Greenwald thing is pure, um, Nancy Drew.

Did I actually make it through to the end of Seixon’s post? No. Neither will you. But c’mon. John Dean and Jason Leopold and threatening phone calls in the same post?

That’s good blog scandal, baby. Mmmm.

Free t-shirt for anyone who actually makes it to the end of the Seixon post while keeping all the characters straight.

Update: No, not really.

Also: The John Dean mentioned in the post? It’s not that John Dean. It’s some other numbnuts named John Dean. But Jason Leopold’s in there, as is Larry “Rove drove his mother to suicide” Johnson. Good stuff. You’ll plotz, I promise.

Comments

No offense to those who covered while you were gone, but I am sooooo glad you’re back.

The Apologist on July 24, 2006 at 5:04 PM

Couldn’t do it but the first few paragraphs do seem to be going somewhere interesting.

Karol on July 24, 2006 at 5:09 PM

I’m sure it will all become clear in the Wuzzadem version.

a4g on July 24, 2006 at 5:26 PM

Oh, poo! no t-shirt for me!

opiemuyo on July 24, 2006 at 5:43 PM

I’m about halfway through, and it scares me that I already know enough of the background and who enough of the players are to mostly follow along.

I really should spend some time without internet access, and maybe I will. But I’ve gotta go see how this turns out first. :-)

PS. topsecretk9 = blog hottie. I’m just sayin’

PPS. Damn, leftists are stupid!

Pablo on July 24, 2006 at 5:50 PM

Wow, you weren’t kidding. Not sure I’m following completely but I believe topsecretk9 and AnonymousArmy are identical twins, Jason Leopold awoke from a coma just in time to see K9 stealing Glenn Greenwald’s (aka Donald Rumsfeld) baby?

oneisnotprime on July 24, 2006 at 7:27 PM

Well, I made it through the whole thing and really haven’t learned anything useful… or even interesting.

I’m proud and/or embarrassed to say that (assuming that the John Dean mentioned is NOT John Dean, the Watergate serial liar) I didn’t know any of the people mentioned until 2/3 of the way down when Joe Wilson was mentioned…. Then Al Gore down at the bottom.

Well, perhaps I learned one useful little tidbit: There is? (may be) a young conservative blogger in Norway interested in American politics.

When I clicked on the link I thought I was going to read more on that Glen Glennsomething sock puppetry…. Who I also never heard of prior to this morning. At least AceOfSpades has that story written up in a very literary and entertaining way.

LegendHasIt on July 24, 2006 at 7:30 PM

Man, are those guys in the left trying to eat others alive.
Rumors, innuendo, little children?
Coño, what’s going on there?

batperez on July 24, 2006 at 8:08 PM

Oh, it’s all so Scooby Doo. Thanks for linking.

Fly_in_Ointment on July 24, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Jason Leopold has left a whole bunch of SICKO comments on the DUmmie FUnnies Blog in the past. I left them on there so everyone can see what a degenerate he is.

pjcomix on July 25, 2006 at 4:22 PM

It comes down to four people, all pretending not to work with each other but somehow having the same information and using it in a similar way.

John Dean (aka SluggoJD at Booman Tribune – a ‘progressive community’ [progressively violent?]

Jason Leopold – schmuck we all know

Larry Johnson – schmuck some people know and who is ex-CIA and who never let’s you forget that.

Larisa Alexandrovna – editor for Raw Story

The fifth wheel is AnonymousArmy and I have yet to determine if he’s a good guy or a bad guy. Supposely a lefty from Canada, he’s taken a keen interest in the behavior of the American Left and claims he’s interested in exposing the violent kooks to purify the Left cause. *shrug* Sure, I could buy that, I guess, but I’m automatically suspicious of Canadian civilians who take on the burdens of the American political scene.

The absolute scariest part of this is the most ironic: George was writing about the True Digital Brownshirts as opposed to Gore’s imagined anonymous army of paid conservative goons. As he got deeper and reported more, these True Brownshirts got browner and browner and browner and as of this morning the update is this:

At 6:36 AM CET I wrote the following to Larisa Alexandrovna, an editor at Raw Story and former colleague of Leopold, who I had been corresponding back and forth with regarding her issues with what I have written about her:

I already gave you my number, call it tomorrow if you like, because right now I need to go to bed.

When Larisa asked me to call her Skype number, I replied at 06:37:

I don’t have a regular phone, all I have is a cell phone, and there’s no way I am spending 50 cents per minute to talk to you.

Good night.

Approximately 20 minutes later, someone who I believe to have been Jason Leopold called my cell phone number and made a threat on my life.

And yes, he’s reported it to the local authorites by filing a written report in person.

I think the most actionable part of this is Larry Johnson. If it was him (and not the email forger who appears a few times in this episode) who emailed George threats based on his connections to CIA and Interpol, we need to get the white hot spotlight of media and congressional attention on the behvior of the CIA’s former employees and make CIA reign them in.

w3bgrrl on July 26, 2006 at 11:38 AM