Video: Tony Snow thanks Helen Thomas for presenting the Hezbollah view

posted at 1:42 pm on July 18, 2006 by Allahpundit

I can’t believe I missed this. Son of a butch.

If I were Japanese, this would warrant seppuku.

Son of a “butch”? Yeah. You-know-who keeps me on a tight leash.

Like Israel, I imagine, I’m itching to deploy some heavy duty weaponry. But we must show restraint.

More Gillermania? He’s on DaySide right now, sitting right next to Juliet Huddy yet somehow maintaining his train of thought.

Are you guys Gillermanned out, or should I cut Gillermania III: The Wrath of Gillerman?

Comments

I saw this live and Tony Snow was masterful in putting the dunce cap on the wicked witch of the west. I am beginning to feel sorry for Helen, she is becoming a laughing stock and I think there may be a touch of demetia here.

d1carter on July 18, 2006 at 1:56 PM

Bring him on! Big fan here.

tdau1997 on July 18, 2006 at 1:58 PM

Just who does this woman work for? It is uncomfortable to watch the poor old dottering thing rave on. Who ever is signing her paycheck should just stop and inform her to stay home!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on July 18, 2006 at 1:58 PM

Wooootttt!!! Go Tony…

I think HE should be up for an Emmy… he’s much more entertaining than all the canceled shows up this year…

Romeo13 on July 18, 2006 at 2:02 PM

Although the kabuki dance between Tony and Helen is great entertainment, at some point Snow has to evict her from the WH press corps as she is merely a freak show that doesn’t advance the dialogue or debate. She is a contrarian and a shill for the terrorists, plain and simple.

Other than functioning as a poster girl to encourage sexual abstinence she serves no worthwhile purpose.

pistolero on July 18, 2006 at 2:04 PM

You would think Helen’s thick skull would have thinned out enough to realize she is getting cuffed every time she starts with Mr. Snow. . . but, no.

“It’s better than CATS. I’m going to see it again and again!”

MCPO Airdale on July 18, 2006 at 2:05 PM

Tony is just the best. Thanks Helen Thomas for presenting the Hezbollah view…..What a Hoot!!!

Fandango on July 18, 2006 at 2:06 PM

Helen doesn’t work for anyone anymore, I think. She just shows up and gets a prime seat because she covered so many administrations. It’s absolutely ridiculous and indictive of the massive hubris plaguing the media. If I was Snow, I’d simply ignore her–refuse to call on her, don’t look at her, and never answer any of her questions. Better yet, yank her pass to the pressroom. It’s insulting that another paper (most likely one in “flyover” country) doesn’t get a seat at the table because this shrew is sucking up the oxygen.

jaleach on July 18, 2006 at 2:07 PM

I have finally reached the point of absolute fatigue with Helen Thomas, the Koskids and lefties in general. Almost, but not quite to depression, I am after all a traditionalist. But, where do these people come from?
What are their thought processes, how do they use them to come to the conclusions they do? I am beginning to believe that these people are another branch, entirely, from the tree that started homo sapiens on the path we’ve so far reached. This explains the Islamofacists, the leadership of countries that see failure but call it winning. These people cannot see or hear anything but what is in their heads. They absord trash and reguritate it like truth. Unbelieveable!

sharinlite on July 18, 2006 at 2:08 PM

Helen is actually Ward Churchill in drag.

roninacreage on July 18, 2006 at 2:12 PM

I dunno,roninacreage,Churchill’s hair is nicer.

bbz123 on July 18, 2006 at 2:27 PM

allah,

I don’t get tired of hearing Gillerman speak. He lays things out simply and suscinctly and makes perfect sense.

More people need to hear what he’s saying.

techno_barbarian on July 18, 2006 at 2:27 PM

sharinlite- you’ll drive yourself crazy trying to understand the thought processes of mentally disordered people. Liberalism is a mental disorder and there is no logic or order in their minds!

NTWR on July 18, 2006 at 2:36 PM

sharinlite on July 18, 2006 at 2:08 PM

I think this post rogered the thread. Open tag, most likely. Lemme see if this works…

techno_barbarian on July 18, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Testing…

techno_barbarian on July 18, 2006 at 2:38 PM

Ahhhh… that’s better.

Carry on.

techno_barbarian on July 18, 2006 at 2:39 PM

pistolero, sexual abstinence can sometimes prevent:

1. gonorrhea, and in this case
2. ugly children

Entelechy on July 18, 2006 at 2:41 PM

Allah, do you actually think that video with Juliet Huddy in it would ever be unwelcome?

Pablo on July 18, 2006 at 2:50 PM

Techno-Barbarian,

Could you share with us what you did to get rid of the strong typset that was plauging this thread?

Thanks.

EFG on July 18, 2006 at 2:51 PM

Wow, THAT was CLASSIC! Someone ought to maybe tell Helen that Nations that harbor and encourage Islamic terrorists are the enemy of free people everywhere too. I thought Bush said that one time, she must not have been listening.

NRA4Freedom on July 18, 2006 at 2:57 PM

God that’s a weird little woman with a weird little voice.

She’s like the Bizzaro version of Betty White.

venmax on July 18, 2006 at 3:04 PM

“But, where do these people come from?
What are their thought processes, how do they use them to come to the conclusions they do?”

Have you ever seen “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”?

RedWinged Blackbird on July 18, 2006 at 3:06 PM

“Helen is actually Ward Churchill in drag.”

The disguise isn’t really that good.

Tony handled that beautifully. She sure was sure that we had vetoed a cease-fire, maybe she should have done a little more research there.

High Desert Wanderer on July 18, 2006 at 3:09 PM

Ewwwww….

/pictures the Roach from the end of Team America…

Things begin to become clear…

Romeo13 on July 18, 2006 at 3:09 PM

I want to see Gillermania III….

Tony Snow is funny and a great press secretary. Helen Thomas is an ugly old battle ax that I think is letting her liberal senility get the best of her lately. Who was it that said that the virgins for the dead terrorists all probably look like her? heh heh heh…

DakRoland on July 18, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Amen. I’m up for a dose of Gillerman *and* Juliet…

RD on July 18, 2006 at 3:36 PM

EFG: Don’t know about techno, but on an early thread I ran into the same problem. It can happen when someone types in a formatting HTML tag (bold, italic, …) by hand and forgets to type the closing tag, or uses one of the helpful buttons but deletes the closing tag by accident.

Since there’s no built-in syntax checker to catch this, it will mess up anything posted after it on the same thread.

At least until one of us (like techno_barbarian) comes along and helpfully posts the closing tag :-) (Glad there’s no syntax check to prevent that!)

RD on July 18, 2006 at 3:53 PM

I think the administration might be clever in keeping Helen in the mix. She throws softballs for Tony to smack out of the park. It makes the opposition look silly.

mikeyboss on July 18, 2006 at 4:10 PM

Thanks RD.

EFG on July 18, 2006 at 4:19 PM

Are you sure Arafat is really dead? Take a close look. Helen Thomas is Arafat in a wig.

MaiDee on July 18, 2006 at 4:28 PM

What a great piece of entertainment. You simply can not make this stuff up.

dallas94 on July 18, 2006 at 4:35 PM

I love listening to Tony. he’s the voice of reason. And I think Helen Thomas looks like a pug.

pullingmyhairout on July 18, 2006 at 4:39 PM

I am sure better thinkers than I are in control at the White House (come to think of it, isn’t that basically the conservative philosophy?), but I would simply ban this senile old woman from government buildings.

Please explain to simple me why they have to slow down a White House press conference to explain simple things to Helen Thomas?

Jaibones on July 18, 2006 at 4:52 PM

“Alright, this is hectoring now…”

Well yeah, Tony, you called on Helen Thomas. She only ever has one question: “Why won’t you admit this is all your fault?”

Jim Treacher on July 18, 2006 at 5:14 PM

After the “hectoring ” comment, Tony said that this was going nowhere and he continued on to the next reporter. Loved it! Helen was trying to ask why the US vetoed a ceasefire agreement (there was no agreement and no veto). She wanted to know why we wouldn’t have a ceasefire so that people could be safely evacuated. Well, DUH, it helps to have TWO sides stop shooting to have a ceasefire! Apparently, she feels if we ask Hezbollah nicely for a timeout that it would happen. Typical, senile lefty thinking.

sMack on July 18, 2006 at 7:10 PM

TONY SNOW: Routing Thomas.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on July 18, 2006 at 8:25 PM

She’s like the Bizzaro version of Betty White.

You are thinking of Barbara Boxer.

I suspected Michael Moore, but you may be right.

We need a checkered tablecloth, and a baseball cap to test it out.

entagor on July 18, 2006 at 8:48 PM

Is Helen getting senile or has she always been this stupid?

A third grader could ask more intelligent questions.

speed647 on July 18, 2006 at 10:04 PM

It is not even a fair fight. It’s like bringing an Aegis cruiser to a water pistol fight.

rightside on July 18, 2006 at 11:21 PM

Helen Thomas is the stuff that nightmares are made of. I will be thankful when the witch retires or is no longer admitted to any government news briefing.

Perhaps she will move the the left coast and drop off the edge …. (wishful thinking …..)

omegaram on July 19, 2006 at 12:06 AM

She probably won’t be around in a year or so; maybe she will hang on so she can see one more administration come in. But she’s really not important.
I think Tony Snow, after President Bush leaves office, may return to Fox in his own show. I would bet that NBC will try to get him, offering more money than Couric is getting at CBS.
By the way, are there any prop bets out there on whether she opens the first broadcast wearing her ‘smart’ glasses?

Doug on July 19, 2006 at 2:18 AM

I don’t know, but TV critic Alan Sepinwall got scolded for asking what she’ll be wearing.

Jim Treacher on July 19, 2006 at 5:16 AM

It’s like pecan pie; There’s always room for one more slice of Gillerman.

Kralizec on July 19, 2006 at 11:51 AM

By the way, instead of “son of a butch,” how about “son of a b1tch” or even just “son of a b*tch”?

Kralizec on July 19, 2006 at 11:53 AM

IF the US is attacked by Hezbollah, which is in fact part of the government of Lebanon, can we put Helen Thomas in an interrment camp with other Lebanese-American’s supporting our enemies.

BrunoMitchell on July 20, 2006 at 10:34 PM