Video: Bush curses Hezbollah

posted at 8:42 am on July 17, 2006 by Allahpundit

Wait until you see it. As funny as it reads, the actual video’s funnier still.

Click the image to watch.

bush-curse.jpg

From the other article linked on Drudge comes this:

As he chats with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Bush expresses amazement that it will take Putin and an unidentified leader just as long to fly home to Moscow as it will take him to fly back to Washington. Putin’s reply could not be heard.

“You eight hours? Me too. Russia’s a big country and you’re a big country. Takes him eight hours to fly home. Not Coke, diet Coke. … Russia’s big and so is China. Yo Blair, what’re you doing? Are you leaving,” Bush said.

As Paul Rudd said to David Koechner, “Take it easy, Champ. Why don’t you stop talking for awhile?”

Comments

Tizzy coming in the Enemy Press…. Only thing is, what he spoke is the truth. They won’t see that however.

ScottG on July 17, 2006 at 8:54 AM

you’ve got to love those British – taking everything soooooo seriously. If it wasn’t so serious, I’d swear I was watching a Monty Python skit.

pullingmyhairout on July 17, 2006 at 8:57 AM

Big deal over nothing new other that a little swearing.

Wade on July 17, 2006 at 9:02 AM

Say, didn’t Barbara Bush teach her son not to talk with his mouth full?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on July 17, 2006 at 9:11 AM

Say, didn’t Barbara Bush teach her son not to talk with his mouth full?

That was a little disconcerting to see wasn’t it?

ScottG on July 17, 2006 at 9:21 AM

I swear if Bush talked more like that his poll numbers would go up.

HUZZAH!!

venmax on July 17, 2006 at 9:24 AM

He (Bush) inadvertently spoke truth to power (the press).

Savage on July 17, 2006 at 9:25 AM

The mouth full of food bothered me more than the “s word” as Drudge calls it. Two directions this story could go: W is crass and careless; or W thinks on his own. Wonder which way it’ll go.

BillLalor on July 17, 2006 at 9:26 AM

But, but, but, Harry Truman was lauded for a similar statement – I guess “plain speaking” is only a quality in a dumbocrat.

Wander on July 17, 2006 at 9:40 AM

I got a chuckle out of this altho the mouth full of food lessened the impact. Still, I think it was a good thing. “cowboy mouth” LOLOL

labwrs on July 17, 2006 at 9:47 AM

Seriously, that may be the best thing I’ve heard him say in a long time. Hilarious and, Mr. President? A-men brother, A-men.

kaseiryu on July 17, 2006 at 9:50 AM

Syria should press Hezbollah to “stop doing this shit”

Correct, and a bit too mild.

Jim Treacher on July 17, 2006 at 9:51 AM

Of course AP’s headline is “Bush Curses Hezbollah During G8 Luncheon.” Which come to think, while it’s a fabrication, I would probably prefer. Of course the moonbat media only misleads when they think it will hurt Bush and US image, and not help it.

BrunoMitchell on July 17, 2006 at 9:52 AM

The best Bushism yet.

He needs to say the same thing to Iran.

speed647 on July 17, 2006 at 10:07 AM

I would have rather heard:

1) “I wish we could get the Mexicans to stop doing this shit.”

2) “I wish we could get the New York Times to stop doing this shit.”

3) “I wish we could get Cindy Sheehan to start eating her own shit.”

BirdEye on July 17, 2006 at 10:16 AM

I would think more of him if he just stood up in the Rose Garden, in front of the world, and said it straight out!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on July 17, 2006 at 10:22 AM

Am I the only one the video isn’t working for?

RH

RobertHuntingdon on July 17, 2006 at 10:30 AM

Give them hell G.W.

Murdering, terrorist despots are attempting to destoy the state of Isreal and the phony-ass main stream media is worried about Bush uttering a mild expletive . . . no wonder they don’t have any credibility.

rplat on July 17, 2006 at 10:41 AM

I like the food chomping, adds flair.

moonsbreath on July 17, 2006 at 10:41 AM

I can’t get the video to work either.

juliesa on July 17, 2006 at 10:48 AM

The video is Windows Media, served up on Sky News so we don’t control it. If it’s not working for you, you might try downloading a newer version of Windows Media from Microsoft, installing that, and then trying again.

Bryan on July 17, 2006 at 11:03 AM

It wouldn’t work for me in Firefox, but it works in IE.

Pablo on July 17, 2006 at 11:13 AM

I just kept thinking “boy that is why my mohter and now my wife keeps telling me to stop talking with my mouth full.” Bad habit that I have to stop doing.

Priest on July 17, 2006 at 11:18 AM

A Teddy Roosevelt moment and since he didn’t take God’s name in vain, I’m cool with it. Like others have observed, I wish we would hear more “plain-speak” from G.W and others.

uchoosier on July 17, 2006 at 11:32 AM

Just like a TEXAN , we aim to kick butt and take names later..
Lead Follow or just get the Hell out the way….
And by the way Shit is just that not a bad word..

alyce on July 17, 2006 at 11:41 AM

I LOVE it, thank you President Bush!

Wild Thing on July 17, 2006 at 11:51 AM

At least he didn’t say we will begin bombing in 5mins

Defector01 on July 17, 2006 at 12:09 PM

I thought what Pres. Bush said was “well put,” but actually thought that the commentators were funnier.

pullingmyhairout on July 17, 2006 at 12:32 PM

Wow, the foul mouthed progressives at the DU are sure up in arms over it all. Convenient outrage.

NRA4Freedom on July 17, 2006 at 12:52 PM

It isn’t just the chewing with his mouth full, he is chewing with his mouth open. All in all, he is a great president.

RoyalOak on July 17, 2006 at 1:00 PM

BTW Can the FCC fine a station for airing the President saying the word “Shit”???

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on July 17, 2006 at 1:04 PM

The prez was only saying what many of us are thinking except some of us would use stronger language, like we hope the Israelis beat the sh*t out of the f**king Hezbollah, Hamas and Syrians.

docdave on July 17, 2006 at 1:12 PM

I laughed, and I think this particular molehill will never achieve mountainhood. Will the leftists who have used untoward language in describing President Bush for six years be hypocrites enough to lambaste him for a curse word? Probably.
As he was talking about the Hezbollah, I’d find it hard not to curse. I hope that someday he gives a speech and, with a wink, says meow at least four times. Are you with me?

Doug on July 17, 2006 at 1:14 PM

Anybody remember Al Gore’s foul mouth toward his bodyguard getting in his way skiing?

What were those words….exactly?

Kokonut on July 17, 2006 at 1:41 PM

Amen! Remember that remark about Adam Clymer? (major league a*hole) That glimpse of honesty didn’t hurt him either.

CrankyNeocon on July 17, 2006 at 1:43 PM

“Olmey, you’re doing a heck of a job.”

Bellicose Muse on July 17, 2006 at 1:54 PM

I think that it was Kerry that referred to one of his Secret Service detail as an “SOB” for causing him to fall on the slopes. Gore was probably out looking for ManBearPig and was too busy to go skiing.

rw on July 17, 2006 at 2:28 PM

John Kerry used the f-word in the Rolling Stone interview – hypocrites unite!

The world is going up in flames and we’re consumed by the s-word! Get a grip international and so-called MSM! And check how you speak de rigueur.

We need the ‘old’ cowboy back. Someone needs to lead and it ain’t the U.N. or the EU.

Entelechy on July 17, 2006 at 2:33 PM

F**K, er, SCREW the media.

Just another gambit in the media’s attempt to overthrow Bush’s administration and try to manipulate the electorate into giving control of Congress to the Treason Party (Democrats).

The word Bush used was hardly “profane” nor “obscene.” Just “earthy.” LBJ was recorded in the White House using far stronger.

georgej on July 17, 2006 at 2:40 PM

For people who curse more in a sentance then I do in a day, the libs sure are being hypocritical. Besides aren’t they the ones who think rules of courtesy and debate are confining and judgemental?

Defector01 on July 17, 2006 at 2:45 PM

Amazing how this “shit’ is getting so much press coverage…and not what it was in reference to…bringing Hezbollah down.

When JF’nK uttered the “F” word in the Rolling Stone magazine interview, he was lauded as a “fighter” in the 2004 election and as a “man” for America.

Hypocrisy by the jihadist media.

doingwhatican on July 17, 2006 at 3:58 PM

No way this will hurt him. Remember the “friend” of W’s who had taped him secretly then released the recordings? W came out of that looking better, IMO.

mikeyboss on July 17, 2006 at 4:25 PM

Frankly, I EXPECT my leaders to use this – and stronger – language in this type of situation.

Professor Blather on July 17, 2006 at 5:24 PM

That’s the Gee Dubya we know and love and voted for. Where’ve ya been sir?

As for tellin’ the whole world that Condi is on her way to the war zone … way to go “shit” heads, the islamosavages would love a shot at her. A female S.o.S. and possibly next Prez will make a great target, trophy, or bargaining chip for the wackos tryin’ to take over the freakin’ world in the name of their satanic death cult.

Tony737 on July 17, 2006 at 6:49 PM

Way to go Mr. President!!!

As for Dr. Rice, I’m sure she’ll be escorted by members of the US Marines or the US Army. No way she goes there all by herself with just a bunch of diplo-weenies to guard her.
Not that she can’t take care of herself but it is always better to have help ready nearby!

Abigail Adams on July 17, 2006 at 7:10 PM

If only Bush had used the Sky News pronounciation (as in ex-PLEE-tives) for the S-word he could have argued he was speaking Mexican.

The food chomping sounds drove me nuts. I replayed the video a few times. To my ear the food sounds are noticeably louder than the talk. Especially at the end when he has stopped talking and keeps chewing, while Blair murmurs.

I think the video was jacked so the chomping sounds are amplified to make Bush seem oafish.

entagor on July 17, 2006 at 11:08 PM

Manners, W, manners–nobody wants to see what you’re chewing. W seems to think diplomacy is like a spigot, turn it off, turn it on as one’s leisure. Interesting. And so effective.

honora on July 18, 2006 at 9:27 AM

Liberal snobbery V9.0

Entelechy on July 19, 2006 at 5:02 PM

For historical HotAir documentation, excerpt from here:

Yo Blair, the irony is, if we just blew the shit out of Damascus and Teheran, that Hezbollah shit would come to an end pretty quick

Entelechy on July 19, 2006 at 5:16 PM