Yippee ki yay: Bruce Willis says he’s not a Truther

posted at 11:45 am on July 14, 2006 by Allahpundit

In classic Hollywood style, the cliffhanger is resolved and the good guys win. Michael Yon e-mails:

Bruce got back to me this morning saying the press has misconstrued his statements and that this is untrue. Bruce said in part, “…the Linklater statements have been completely misconstrued, as usual by the media.”

[I]t’s clear that some media are just attaching Bruce’s name to gain traction. I will not talk about private communications so will keep this very brief by saying I know Bruce’s support for the troops is ongoing and, if anything, increasing. Bruce does not believe this conspiracy theory.

It’s a comfort to know there’s still only one useful idiot in the Die Hard cast.

As to the Truthers who’ve been e-mailing the past few days to gloat, let me say: I’m not the one who just got butt-$#@%ed on national TV.

willis.jpg

Comments

Hooray! It would have been very sad if Mr. Willis had turned into a retard.

Stankleberry on July 14, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Boo, 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists and propagandists! Hooray, Beer!

BelchSpeak on July 14, 2006 at 12:02 PM

OK, didn’t get the BUFU ref in the las line, did something untowards happrn to Rickman or somehing?
Good new from Bruno,glad to hear it.

bbz123 on July 14, 2006 at 12:10 PM

Shhheewwwww…. what a relief, I was gonna have to throw out all my Willis flicks… like I did Baldwin, Penn, and some others (although I did keep Fasttimes at Ridgmemont High, only one where Penn’s real personality shows…)

Romeo13 on July 14, 2006 at 12:17 PM

Surf’s up, dude!

Kokonut on July 14, 2006 at 12:46 PM

bbz, it’s a line from Die Hard, that McLane (Willis) says to some incompetent cops.

hindmost on July 14, 2006 at 1:22 PM

Glad to hear it, Allah. And I like that Willis is a big enough star that he can speak his mind without having to worry about losing work in Liberal Hollywood. Does anyone else remember the movie where he played Tom Mix? in Sunset, Blake Edwards revisited early Hollywood, and Bruce played former cowboy/movie star Tom Mix. I only mention this because of the movie’s best:
“And that’s the truth, give or take a lie or two.”

Doug on July 14, 2006 at 1:26 PM

Good for Bruce. In a world of movie pretty boys, he stands out as one of the few adult males.

Ellen on July 14, 2006 at 1:33 PM

I don’t buy it. You didn’t talk to Yon in person? We don’t know what Bruce actually said? And all this right as the Middle East is going up in flames? That could have been anyone emailing, lulling you into false security. I don’t want to draw any rolled eyes. But think about it.

Alex K on July 14, 2006 at 1:39 PM

AP, get the hand puppet.

shooter on July 14, 2006 at 1:47 PM

I question the timing.

Clark1 on July 14, 2006 at 1:58 PM

WHEW.

Thank effing God. That was some seriously depressing shit when I read that the other day.

venmax on July 14, 2006 at 2:13 PM

Life again has balance. Yippee Kiyay, MF.

Evilwhiteguy on July 14, 2006 at 2:29 PM

Whew, I was concerned. I was about to go on a “Cindy Sheehan” fast to bring attention to Bruces lack of support for the troops. Now that the record is strait I can forgo the fasting and have a nice 2″ thick rib-eye bar-b-qued with mesquite this weekend.

With a “Cindy Sheehan” fast, I might not have had enough room to eat a steak.

Rode Werk on July 14, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Damn right, Bruce isn’t nuts. You know who else isn’t? Sly and Arnold. Long live the action heroes of the late eighties and early nineties. I wish there was a Planet Hollywood still open around here, I’d go for a burger and a beer in their honor right about now.

Savage on July 14, 2006 at 8:03 PM

Common Sense, With a Vengeance.

speed647 on July 14, 2006 at 9:33 PM

yay

JamesVersusEveryone on July 15, 2006 at 10:48 AM

Allen Rickman…Hans Gruber…the Sheriff of Nottingham…the guy who played most of my favorite Bad Guys through the 1990′s is a Rachel Corrie fan? That freaking sucks! D**MIT! Why do they have to do that? I don’t care if Brad Pitt, or Chiclet Teeth Affleck or any of those other gelding nancy boys are flaming liberals..but I LIKED RICKMAN…I don’t even know why I own a tv anymore.

austinnelly on August 17, 2006 at 11:34 PM