The video I never thought I’d upload

posted at 9:12 pm on July 12, 2006 by Allahpundit

A grand breach of the grand bargain. Ah well. Let ‘em sue.

Novak/Rove/Wilson/Plame/Mr. X worse than AIDS? Nah. But put that question to a lefty re: Rove and let me know what he says.

Update: In case it isn’t clear, the clip has been edited. (The unedited interview as aired on Brit Hume’s show ran about 13 minutes.) I also moved one section about Mr. X from the latter part of the interview to the front for better continuity.

More video: Our affiliate, Expose the Left, has the clip of Novak’s appearance tonight on Hannity & Colmes.

Comments

If you look carefully, you can see Rove’s hand moving the mouth of Novak’s.

Kokonut on July 12, 2006 at 9:44 PM

I didn’t follow this Plame nonsense well enough to understand why this latest thing is the reason for the big deflation, as opposed to any time in the last three years, but man, I haven’t felt so much disappointment vibe from liberals since the election. I mean, it’s not that level, but they are really bummed by this and kind of in shock.

Alex K on July 12, 2006 at 9:56 PM

More like they’re denying it, Alex. Read the comments over at Wizbang to see.

Of course, your eyes will bleed afterwards, but you’ve got to make a few sacrifices in your quest for knowlege.

Bob's Kid on July 12, 2006 at 10:18 PM

How can you out a CIA paper pusher? She worked in the Nuclear proliferation office, and hadn’t been an “Operative” for more then five years (which the law specifically states) so she was not concitered an operative. Therefore any outing that suposedly happend, didn’t. This would be like the claim that Scooter Libby was told by the president and the Vice-President told him to leak declassified information. Oh, CNN screamed about that for a good couple of days before they realized what they were saying and dopped it just as quickly as they reported it.
There was no crime. There was no leak. There was no wrong doing, unless you count Scooter no being able to remember something. The left needs to get over it, and get off Carl’s back.

webdemon on July 12, 2006 at 10:47 PM

Being on the left means never having to say you’re sorry.

The Machine on July 12, 2006 at 11:07 PM

There’s no there, there.

or

Much ado about nothing.

rightside on July 12, 2006 at 11:29 PM

Bob’s–yeah, actually I was just talking about MSNBC hosts and this one lib I was talking to today and unjustifiably extrapolating from there. I haven’t read the blogs but your description is exactly what I’d expect.

Alex K on July 13, 2006 at 12:00 AM

I’m glad it’s over-I’m just about Plamed out.

Doug on July 13, 2006 at 1:23 AM

I see Novak released the name of his original source this morning on Fox & Friends. Can’t remember the name. Noboby I ever heard of.

kmcguire on July 13, 2006 at 7:47 AM

What a farce. Leaking the name of some paper pusher is more important than leaking classified information.

msflea on July 13, 2006 at 8:53 AM

I wonder when Who’s Who is going to be indicted for outing Plame….

Clark1 on July 13, 2006 at 10:45 AM

Yet another case where I wish the GOP had more b@alls…

Sandy Berger takes out documents from a secure site in his trousers and ‘loses’ them, and the President says, “That’s okay Sandy, I know it was a mistake.” Never mind that he KNEW what he was doing was prohibited, and that the documents were potentially very important.

Novak puts the name of a non-classified CIA employee in the middle of a news piece; a person who incidentally was outed to various friends numerous times by her husband. However, since they are Dems and anti-Bush, you and I have had our tax dollars spent on a special prosecutor who has concluded that it was indeed the non-event we all thought it was.

Am I missed some subtlety here that makes this Plame thing important?

linlithgow on July 13, 2006 at 3:13 PM