Bruce Willis, 9/11 Truther?

posted at 11:16 pm on July 11, 2006 by Allahpundit

**Update 7/14: Willis denies being a Truther.**

This is like Schwarzenegger converting to Islam.

Can’t be. Can’t. $#%!ing. be:

Linklater said he had handed out DVD’s on set which carried claims that 9/11 was perpetrated by the US government to erect a police state to Bruce Willis, one of the stars of Linklater’s upcoming Fast Food Nation.

“He said it put him in such a head space that he will be quiet on issues of national policy.”

Linklater said Willis had told him in an e mail that the videos had changed his entire political paradigm.

First, I know I speak for everyone when I say how stunned I am to find Truther retard propaganda being circulated on Hollywood sets.

What’s next? Drugs?

But I digress.

How is it, exactly, that a dude righteous enough to make a movie out of Michael Yon’s book could have his brain turn so easily to oatmeal?

If he was going to start believing the plots of his own movies, why the hell did he have to pick The Siege?

I e-mailed Michael Yon to see if he knew what the deal was. Mensch that he is, he said he’d e-mail Willis and ask. Might be awhile before he hears back, so stay tuned.

Truly, truly distressing, though. Dare I say it, it’s driven me to Sullivanesque depths of despondency. And on the very day when I’ve been soaring over America having recaptured its very soul.

Coming in 2007: Die Hard 5, in which McClane discovers that Alan Rickman and the giant Aryan were just fall guys for a Zionist illuminati shadow government.

Right-wing Truther-iness? LGF says the design for the Flight 93 memorial looks exactly the same as it did when the ruckus first started, lo those many crescent moons ago. And it sort of does. It’s still a crescent, although it’s been closed up a bit and it’s broken in one place.

They’re calling it “the Bowl” now.

I followed CJ’s link to Error Theory for more detail, annnnd…

Let me choose my words carefully here.

I think any crescent-y design is a bad idea. In fact, I’ve goofed on it before. But. The whole bisector/pointing-towards-Mecca thing has always struck me as having a whiff of the ol’ Loose Change about it, if you know what I mean.

A good rule of thumb is: if you need a protractor to properly express your outrage, you’ve probably gone too far.

Here’s the before and after graphic Alec’s posted to show the memorial’s orientation towards Mecca:

crescent.jpg

Here’s how it looks to me:

crescent2.jpg

Am I wrong? If you scroll down a bit in his post, you’ll see that he has another bisector which supposedly points … towards the White House.

I’m just going to wrap it up here before I say anything else.

Update (9/25/08): Alec Rawls says I’m wrong about the memorial’s orientation. Read his full analysis here.

Comments

9/11 was perpetrated by the US government to erect a police state to Bruce Willis…

I mean, if you found out they blew up the trade center to erect a police state to you, wouldn’t that fuck with your head a little bit?

Seriously, after reading Linklater’s sophomoric lunatic ramblings, I gotta believe Willis was just trying to get him to shut up and go away.

B Moe on July 11, 2006 at 11:27 PM

Chances that Willis was effing with Linklater’s head? Probable to possible.

I also like B Moe’s “stfu and get lost” theory.

Hoodlumman on July 11, 2006 at 11:37 PM

I hope to hell that it isn’t true, because Bruce Willis believing that kind of shit has to be one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Seriously, something about this seems a little fishy… it sounds to me like Linklater is just so batshit crazy that he not only buys into this stuff, but also thinks that his precious DVDs are capable of converting anyone who watches them. Maybe he fancies himself as the next Michael Moore or something.

Watcher on July 11, 2006 at 11:37 PM

Hey,watching your ex hanging around with that putz kid, I mean a man can only take so much.I will hold my outrage until it’s verified,but he may have just snapped.I hope not.

bbz123 on July 11, 2006 at 11:45 PM

Hey Linklater: STFU and direct!

Friggin weenie boy.

speed647 on July 11, 2006 at 11:47 PM

Eh, the point is, it’s a crescent. The new design still has thicker trees or whatever they are forming a crescent on the outer layer of the bowl. The whole thing has to be equally thick and a complete circle, otherwise it’s clearly a crescent. And I don’t think Muslims use protractors to figure out which way is east, any gap on the left side is basically facing Mecca.

Alex K on July 12, 2006 at 12:13 AM

An Abomination!

My Comments to the National Parks Service are here.

How could we allow this to happen???

USCitizen on July 12, 2006 at 12:25 AM

I agree with you on this one, Allah. The fact it’s still a crescent means the architect’s either a moron or trying to send a “message” about “inclusiveness.” My money’s on the former, but I never discount the mindset of the left.

The fact the crescent “points toward Mecca”: well, come on. I bet in the 160 geographic degrees or so that this crescent comprehends, we could find several dozen unsavory places.

Occam’s Razor says “The architect’s a moron.” That gets my vote. Hopefully the NPS gets it too and finds a non-moron architect to re-design this thing.

Pavel on July 12, 2006 at 1:19 AM

Don’t confuse Bruce Willis with any of the characters he plays. He’s an Actor-he pretends for a living. I enjoy his work, and think he’s great at what he does. But I wouldn’t expect Willis to be as conservative as some of his characters have been. John Wayne is dead.

Doug on July 12, 2006 at 2:38 AM

This is like Schwarzenegger converting to Islam.

Allah, you mean you didn’t know?

james hooker on July 12, 2006 at 2:58 AM

This story sure has changed my entire political paradigm. I used to think that nobody could be that crazy. Now I know.

Milano on July 12, 2006 at 3:00 AM

I’d be very surprised for someone of Willis’s stature to fall for this silly propaganda. Charlie Sheen, I can expect, but not Bruce WIllis.

Hopefully, Bruce will come out soona nd make an announcement about it.

LewWaters on July 12, 2006 at 3:47 AM

I would wait until Willis says he belives it…don’t trust the words of the moonbat.

purpleslog on July 12, 2006 at 4:05 AM

Why the suprise? Considering that Hollywood is hardly the mecca of truth in reality, Truther retard propaganda being circulated on Hollywood sets makes total sense. Coke: It’s the real thing, man!

The ‘bowl’ is a piece of artsy fartsy dung which should be trashed along with the decisions concerning ILLEGAL Immigration that are comming out of the White House. Courtesy flush please!

DannoJyd on July 12, 2006 at 6:17 AM

This was purely done by the moonbat for the publicity. All of these whores of Hollywood are beneath contempt.

Until these words come from Bruce’s lips, I’d hold my criticism!

Bob Mileti on July 12, 2006 at 7:04 AM

BRUCE WILLIS!!! Wasn’t he the last conservative in Hollywood?

Oh well, I guess they will have to recast Masterchief.

Theworldisnotenough on July 12, 2006 at 9:08 AM

They should just make it a square.

pullingmyhairout on July 12, 2006 at 9:18 AM

Everyone: Consider the source.

Savage on July 12, 2006 at 10:19 AM

After reading the article, I am really embarrassed that Linklater is from Texas.

juliesa on July 12, 2006 at 10:29 AM

Look at the source. I’d wait to hear the actually statement that Bruce may or may not have made. Perhaps it changed his paradigm by helping him to realize that in this case it’s not about a meeting of the minds between the two sides of an issue, since the other side doesn’t have one. Who knows.

BrunoMitchell on July 12, 2006 at 10:38 AM

Willis isn’t really a conservative, he is a Libertarine. He beleives in small government.
I am having a hard time believing he would be so easily brainswashed. The man has been to Iraq on 5 or 6 occasions, and he beleives his eyes more then his ears.

The memorial is still a crescent, and the architech is a moron if he doesn’t think so.

Penn and Teller have the best idea for memorial, linked below.

Wyrd on July 12, 2006 at 10:44 AM

If it is true about Bruce, there is still Gary Sinese…

allie on July 12, 2006 at 10:50 AM

During a nationally syndicated radio interview, Linklater told host Alex Jones that the actions of the Bush administration were, “The most extreme I’ve seen in my lifetime – in American history – this kind of executive branch grab of power is so unprecedented – it’s frightening.”

I seriously doubt Richard Linklater knows squat about American history. If he did (and was intellectually honest), he’d realize that the “power grabs” of Bush are virtually nothing in comparison to those of FDR, Wilson, and Lincoln in the wars they presided over. Linklater probably can’t even tell you what wars were assocaited with those presidents, much less when they even occurred.

Oooh, it’s frightening … God, what a panty-waist.

thirteen28 on July 12, 2006 at 11:12 AM

Bruce wont give in…he cant.

The crescent toilet bowl has to be stopped. I dont think ‘east’ is a direct line across the globe. Maybe if you’re in the eastern hemisphere, not the western…doesnt work. But if the crescent toilet were a circle or anything but a crescent, IT WOULDNT FACE ANYWHERE.
– Redesign competition? I doubt it. Add this to the disgrace list that is getting longer and longer.

shooter on July 12, 2006 at 11:13 AM

Any chance Willis was just BSing?

Defector01 on July 12, 2006 at 12:07 PM

juliesa on July 12, 2006 at 10:29 AM

Now you’ve done it! Don’t you know all the Linklater minions will now boycott your comments…it’s a chill wind….

ScottG on July 12, 2006 at 2:20 PM

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you!

I just can’t believe that Bruce Willis knows what a political paradigm is…

High Desert Wanderer on July 12, 2006 at 2:40 PM

Planet Hollywood and now this. This man has to be stopped!

honora on July 12, 2006 at 3:10 PM

When your boss hands you a load of sh*t and calls it a pile a diamonds you say “And OH MY don’t they sparkle!”

Especially if you’re in Hollywood.

Sure, Willis can get more work, but when you’re already on the set a director can make or break you in his direction and in the editing room.

Willis hasn’t had any major hits lately. Your shelf-life in Hollywood is only as good as your last few performances.

Let’s see what Willis says later… BTW I hope Yon points Willis towards the Popular Science debunking for starters.

Darleen on July 12, 2006 at 4:22 PM

oh yes, and soon 9/11 will become a complete fabrication…if not a fabrication, where are the buildings?? nothing but pavement there…geeze people.

gary on July 12, 2006 at 5:51 PM

I hope he never gets hold a copy of the Protocols of the Elders Zion.

entagor on July 12, 2006 at 10:48 PM

I wanted to send Mr. Willis an email saying how dismayed I was over this report, but his main web site page says “We are in the process of taking BruceWillis.com to the next level” and his (previously very active) Message Board says “Sorry, this message board is temporarily closed while we do some routine maintenance.”
I question the timing.

PattyAnn on July 12, 2006 at 10:59 PM

PattyAnn on July 12, 2006 at 10:59 PM

Does this mean he’s been kidnapped by Tom Cruise?

lizzee on July 13, 2006 at 1:37 PM

lizzee, maybe now we know why we haven’t seen Suri’s picture?

PattyAnn on July 13, 2006 at 7:05 PM

The orientation to Mecca calculation have been verified by a number of bloggers already, although I hope your grouping Alec with the Truthers will encourage Popular Mechanics to do an investigation the way they did with the Truther theory. None of us seem to be able to get the investigators at Popular Mechanics to take this on, and I really wish they would.

The many features of the design that turn it into a mosque dedicated to the terrorists include:

1. A qibla wall
2. A mihrab
3. A prayer area
4. A pulpit or dais called the mimbar or the minbar
5. A courtyard, called the sahan.
6. Arcaded or colonnaded porticos called riwaqs, surrounding the courtyard.
7. If the courtyard is roofed, the riwaqs will be roofed. If the courtyard is open air, like in the memorial mosque, at least a portion of the riwaqs will be roofed.
8. Full-service mosques provide waters for conducting ablutions before prayer. Ablution waters are placed within the courtyard or out through the colonnaded porticos that gain access to the courtyard.
9. Full-service mosques allowing women will have a separate women’s prayer area.
10. An imposing facade.
11. A crescent-shaped or arch-shaped entry portal.
12. A minaret, or minarets from which they call to prayer.
13. A tomb or other memorial.

It is, quite simply, a musalla…a giant prayer rug.

It will be the largest mosque in North America by a factor of 100. Not to mention that the minaret or “tower of voices” feature that doubles as an accurate year round Islamic sundial.

The exact Mecca orientation is found in the translucent block that dedicates the site to the terrorists at the entrance of the memorial.

Cao on September 29, 2007 at 11:01 AM

Another important point: three of the terrorists are represented by translucent blocks that show the 9 1 1 dated on them, which are positioned in the stars of the Crescent and Stars design, placing them in the Islamic heavens, while the infidel passengers and crew are cast out.

So all of the translucent blocks represent terrorist memorializing features.

This is all against the public law which says the terrorists are not to be included in the memorial, and I think it only makes sense to object and ask for an investigation where people will actually look at this…

Not the faux investigation that claimed they examined the claims but never looked at it.

Cao on September 29, 2007 at 11:05 AM