Video: Tucker and Menchaca (Update: Jihadis claim revenge for rape victim)

posted at 7:54 pm on July 10, 2006 by Allahpundit

Bryan and I have been debating for the past half hour or so whether I should post this. Michelle’s away from the computer at the moment; when she returns, she might make an executive decision to have it removed.

Be warned that it’s extremely gruesome. If you’re worried about whether you can handle it, you might want to sneak a peek at Rusty’s post. He has screencaps.

There are plenty of reasons why someone might not want to watch this. Please consider them before you proceed.

Update: Removed by executive decision. Michelle didn’t want us to host it out of respect for the families, but she did ask that I leave up the link to Rusty’s site. If you’re curious or feel that you need to see it, his screencaps will be ample.

Update: I’m with Captain Ed.

Update: The animals bank some propaganda points. Rusty e-mails and points to this passage in the Times, of all places, calling B.S. on them:

It is questionable whether the soldiers were actually killed out of revenge. Iraqis around Mahmudiya, where the rape and murder took place, believed at the time that the girl and the other three victims — her younger sister and parents — were killed by other Iraqis in sectarian violence, according to the mayor of Mahmudiya and American military officials. The mayor said the possible involvement of American soldiers only became apparent on June 30, when the American military announced it had opened an investigation into the crime.

Comments

Two thumbs down.

You’re right, extremely gruesome.

They’ll love it at Kos or the DU, though.

JammieWearingFool on July 10, 2006 at 7:59 PM

I’ll pass. I listened to the beheading of Nick Berg– the memory of that is all the resolve setting I will ever need in the face of this enemy (actually– 9/11 was enough).

I only pray that these fine men were already dead before the animals got them.

a4g on July 10, 2006 at 8:17 PM

“the logic of torture-reciprocity…And so the cycle of depravity and defeat deepens …”

Not to pick on Sullivan, I know he’s not the only one, but it was an easy link to find.

And I hate to play politics just now but…maybe if people like Sullivan see that, they’ll consider nuancing their theory about a vicious “cycle”…

Alex K on July 10, 2006 at 8:20 PM

I would assume they were dead before Haji got to them. I’m sure they would have jumped at the chance to show a live beheading of service members.

gator70 on July 10, 2006 at 8:22 PM

I’d take it down…..I saw the linked stills and that was enough. These animals we are fighting are worse than the Nazis. This is a test of this generation and the results are not yet known.

d1carter on July 10, 2006 at 8:22 PM

I vote DON’T take it down. People don’t have to watch it (I didn’t, the photos were enough for me too, for now) but there are plenty of people who NEED to see it. Way too many.

bamapachyderm on July 10, 2006 at 8:24 PM

Good call boss…….

d1carter on July 10, 2006 at 8:24 PM

bama –

Unfortunately, don’t you think those who need to see it wouldn’t really see it?

What is it like to stare in the face of pure evil and have your first thought be: “Bush…”?

a4g on July 10, 2006 at 8:35 PM

We should not shrink from those images, but keep to them and steel ourselves aginst the enemy’s true character. I understand that Michelle feels her site is not a proper outlet for the video, but a link to it should be provided. It is necessary that we as a country acknowledge the truth about the enemy we face.

dm60462 on July 10, 2006 at 8:56 PM

Good call Michelle. Those who don’t get it by now may be doomed already.

I find it odd for these pigs to want to avenge a rape when their prophet calls for the rape of his enemies wives. Where’s the honor in that? BTW don’t hold your breath until you hear the “moderate” Muslims or the peacenik American liberals condemn this. The “moderates” are scared s**tless because they know what the koran says and the liberals will only use this as bush bashing fodder. Quite frankly I’m sick and tired of both of those lines.

Joe on July 10, 2006 at 10:49 PM

Muslims!

Winning the hearts and minds of people everywhere!!

…um…

…or not!

venmax on July 10, 2006 at 11:34 PM

The Times, once again, is wrong.

Omar Janabi, a neighbor of the slain family, was one of the first to come across the bodies. His immediate response:

Janabi was one of the first people to arrive at the house after the attack, he said Saturday, speaking to a Washington Post special correspondent at the home of local tribal leaders. He said he found Abeer sprawled dead in a corner, her hair and a pillow next to her consumed by fire, and her dress pushed up to her neck.

“I was sure from the first glance that she had been raped,” he said.

Despite the reassurances he had given the girl’s mother earlier, Janabi said, “I wasn’t surprised what had happened, when I found that the suspicion of the mother was correct.”

The mother’s suspicion was that she had drawn unwanted attention from the soldiers at the checkpoint, and that they might come after her. The day the bodies were found, locals suspected the soldiers first. Some, presumably, have contacts with the insurgency.

I respectfully disagree with Rusty. These terrorists need no excuse for barbarity, but until I seen information to the contrary, I’ll stick with the theory I posited July 3 that the abduction, mutilation, and murder of these soldiers was in response to the rape and murders their fellow soldiers (allegedly) committed.

Bob Owens on July 10, 2006 at 11:54 PM

Yeah Ok Bob. I think I will wait for the verdict. Best not to jump conclusions from the reported testimony of one likely insurgent sympathizer. It is pretty darn tough to get alcohol over there. I wonder how they got drunk.

frreal on July 11, 2006 at 7:05 AM

It is good that you took down the video.

Because those of us who understand this evil don’t need to see it.

And those who desperately need to watch it – never, ever will.

So what’s the point? It can only enrage and sicken and sadden those of us already enraged and sickened and saddened.

Damn them. Damn them to hell.

By the way – if you can find a way to make every liberal in America sit and watch, I’ll retract the above opinion; if you can make those who refuse to see truth actually watch it – it should be posted in Dolby surround sound and hi-def color and shown on a thousand movie screens.

Professor Blather on July 11, 2006 at 10:41 AM

Crying. Why are there such animals on this Earth?

jeannedb on July 11, 2006 at 12:19 PM

The Al Qaeda linked group says they did this to U.S. Soldiers for revenge of the possible rape and murder of the Iraqi girl and her family, that’s bullshit they don’t need a reason to do this they just do it because it’s who they are and it’s what they do. ing savages!

This happens to U.S. Soldiers and there’s no outrage by Liberals and the MSM at all, yet with allegations of rape and murder against U.S. Soldiers Liberals and the MSM are showing outrage. That’s ing Hypocrisy!

Brah on July 11, 2006 at 3:12 PM

Evil exists in this world. These heinous acts of barbarism give testimony to it.

Regardless of how anyone wants to spin it, this is a fight of Light versus darkness. Allah is the name of the moon god that was at the temple in Mecca where the prophet Mohammed worshipped (more than 600 years after Christ died on teh cross). There were more than 300 gods from which he could choose. Allah is not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; not the Creator God of Genesis; not the God who loved the world in this way: He gave His one and only Son so that whoever believes in Him [Jesus] will not perish but have eternal life.

So who comes to steal, kill, and destroy? Jesus said it is the Devil…Satan. Look at the video or the pictures and tell me who the perpetrators of this act are mimicking. It is their father, the devil; the god of their religion.

May God be with the families of these brave warriors who were willing to go and confront evil in faraway places. We must continue to pray against the rulers, against the authorities, and against the powers of this dark world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in heavenly places; and pray in the Spirit, continuously, for our men and women who confront this evil on a daily basis.

Acts20:24 on July 11, 2006 at 9:42 PM