Photos: Protesting the New York Times

posted at 9:37 pm on July 10, 2006 by Allahpundit

We’re demagogues and they’re hypocrites, sez Hitch (who’s distanced himself from both sides). Thanks to Theresa for the pics.

That unhappy-looking woman is Debra Burlingame.

nyt2.jpg
nyt3.jpg
nyt6.jpg
nyt5.jpg
nyt4.jpg
nyt1.jpg

Comments

Beautiful!

draeknet on July 10, 2006 at 9:58 PM

Wonderful! Wish I could have been there to participate in this. I want one of those t-shirts!

katieanne on July 10, 2006 at 10:07 PM

What is with Hitchens? His thinking is a bit of this, a bit of that and not convincing on anything.
LOVE “Osama” kissing the paper! Priceless! The t-shirts are GREAT!!
You have to wonder if they would have spilled the beans and splashed the Normandy invasion and then tried to defend our “right to know”!
GREAT JOB PROTESTERS!! Thanks VERY much, you speak for many!

labwrs on July 10, 2006 at 10:22 PM

Sorry for the late posting as I just got home from the Times Protest. For those outthere who managed to attend, I was glad to stand with you. For those who didn’t make it but still wanted to attend, sorry you couldn’t be there with us.

It will prob be a few days before I’m able to post the picts and video I took but I’ll let everyone know when I do.

We had bout 100 people (rough estimate since many of us took both sides of street, could have been more) and all the NY Times had was 4 very unenlightened, vulgar and rough looking pro-Times (pro-terrorist) supporters. Times employees had the look of shock that someone would protest their latest “right to know” report. All in all, most satisfying.

Terlizzi999 on July 10, 2006 at 10:34 PM

East coast needs a Zombie…

JamesVersusEveryone on July 10, 2006 at 10:39 PM

Good show guys, wish I coulda been there.

speed647 on July 10, 2006 at 10:52 PM

Nicely done! I don’t agree with Hitchens — you folks who made it out there are true Patriots.

Shame on the NYT with “All the Treason that’s fit to print.”

Ann on July 10, 2006 at 11:46 PM

And, Ann…..”all the trash that’s fit to print”.

doingwhatican on July 11, 2006 at 4:07 AM

Some please find out where those t-shirts can be ordered! Have 2 (right now) that need to be purchased ( I have a journalist in the family, I have not broached this topic with this person yet)

jcon96 on July 11, 2006 at 6:08 AM

The New Dork Times – “Treason, it’s what we do.”

(Hey Slimes – No Blood for Profits!)

Khyber Pass on July 11, 2006 at 6:45 AM

excellent protest. maybe conservatives know how to do this after all… good work, New Yorkers. If i were closer, I would have joined you.

Where did the t-shirts come from? i’d like one, too.

pullingmyhairout on July 11, 2006 at 9:24 AM

I read Hitchen’s piece. He does open with the demagogue/hypocrite line, but the rest of the article just gives great reasons why the NYT is wrong. Good read.

A demagogue is usually thought of as someone who appeals to emotion, rather than reason. I think we’re appealing to both, and we should be. People should be angry at the NYT.

Jason on July 11, 2006 at 10:20 AM

I googled for the shirts.
Googled “anti nyt t-shirts” and got aslew of ant bush t-shirts. Some one tell me that google is not biased.
Regardless, could not find any. Chemart is good for a laugh, as is metrospy.

Wyrd on July 11, 2006 at 10:30 AM

Wish I could’ve been there!

Indictments for the NY Slimes. Now!

Lady Heather on July 11, 2006 at 11:13 AM

The modern day New York Times–“The Old Grey (Terrorist) Whore”

Lady Heather on July 11, 2006 at 11:14 AM

Looks like a pretty solid turnout; hopefully the message will be taken to heart.

Tom Shakely on July 11, 2006 at 1:12 PM

HItchens lets his scathing leftist side come through from time to time. Overall, he’s quite an intelligent man, but even intelligent men can miss the mark.

Asmodeus on July 11, 2006 at 1:47 PM

To those who want one of those t-shirts…I only wished that I was able to get a few more….at least I’d be able to send a few to some of you out there. But at least I got mine…lol.

I hope to have pics from the event after I review the 150 I took yesterday and pick out the best ones posted to my site when I have a chance…maybe tonight….plus I still have to review and edit few hours of vid. If you missed it, Ryan from was there to capture the event and I’ll be working with him to edit and combine both the video we shot during the 4 hours we were there. Enjoy.

Terlizzi999 on July 11, 2006 at 4:53 PM

Terlizzi999 on July 11, 2006 at 4:53 PM

dont know why the link tag isnt working?

Terlizzi999 on July 11, 2006 at 4:54 PM

Have pics posted on the site from the event….feel free to take a look when you get a sec

Terlizzi999 on July 11, 2006 at 9:25 PM