Feminist blames “Hadji Girl” for rape/murder in Iraq

posted at 3:41 pm on July 10, 2006 by Allahpundit

I predicted it, but that’s like predicting that some lefties would defend Deb Frisch. You know it’s going to happen; the only question is how strident it’ll be when it does.

Pretty strident. In fairness, she’s not really blaming “Hadji Girl.” She’s blaming the heteronormative power complexes that blabbity blahblah:

Abeer Qasim Hamza made the fatal errror of refusing the “advances” of Marines. She had to have known, said they, that she was hot. She had to have known, said they, what she was doing, sashaying through that checkpoint every day. [AFAIK, none of the suspects has made any statement about the incident. -- ed.] And she turned them down. Ignored them. Rejected them. Acted like she was scared. Who the hell did she think she was? What. They were there all the way from the United States to defend her and her family, and she thought she could get away with that kind of bullshit?

After they raped her and killed her family, they blamed it on “insurgents.” And in their minds, that wasn’t really a lie. In fact, to men under male heterosupremacy, beautiful women who refuse their advances are always “insurgents.” They are deceivers, evil vixens, jezebels, dangerous, and deadly, decoys scheming to lure them into traps. They deserve to be raped. They deserve to die.

Ways in which beautiful women are like jihadis is an idea loaded with comic ore, but beyond that, I don’t have any real comment here. It’s outrageous, but so typical of its genre that it leaves me feeling weary more than anything else. It’s Coulter from the other side. I’ll say this much for her, though: unlike most feminists I’ve argued with, the springboard she uses to accuse all men of bad intentions are five men who actually did have bad intentions. After being accused for the thousandth time of wanting to harvest women’s uteruses because you don’t think abortion is completely cut and dried, you learn to appreciate little distinctions like that.

The military today named the five other suspects accused of conspiring in the girl’s rape and murder. For the record, she wasn’t fifteen years old, as had previously been reported. She was fourteen.

Update: Speaking of which, Ann Coulter — American Socrates?

Update: The wages of male heterosupremacy. I don’t know how beautiful they are, though.

Comments

A few bad apples? How many US service personnel are in-country? Compare that number to the crime statistics of any city in the world with a comparable population and you’ll find the number of violent crimes per 1,000 residents in every one of those cities is far, far greater than it is in the U.S. military!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on July 10, 2006 at 3:56 PM

Yes,they were charged with this crime,but is there any and what is the evidence? Once again I am subject to doubts on this, the search for a band of bad apples from the Left is so intense it sickens me to no end. If in fact they are guilty, they do deserve the requisite punishment, but until I see any facts supporting this I will side with our guys, my current default attitude with all of these incidents.

bbz123 on July 10, 2006 at 4:15 PM

Marines? Here’s a prediction, the author will claim that there are so many allegations that it is impossible to match the correct branch of service to the perpetrators of each “atrocity.”

rw on July 10, 2006 at 4:25 PM

“it leaves me feeling weary more than anything else”.

No kidding. It’s like a glimpse into the mind of someone whose life revolves around nothing else but the victimhood of women, bashing men and bashing the U.S.

Too weary to go back again.

darwin on July 10, 2006 at 4:25 PM

Abeer Qasim Hamza made the fatal errror of refusing the “advances” of Marines.

The soldiers involved were soldiers assigned to the 101st Airborne (Air Assault) Division which means they were not MARINES. One sentence one false statement. Damn these people that can’t get anything right.

LakeRuins on July 10, 2006 at 4:26 PM

Coulter from the other side?

I’m pretty sure AC never wrote anything of the same calibre of ridiculousness as “hetero equals rapist.” That doesn’t make sense. In fact, there’s a sizable homosexual rape problem that is underreported.

Contrast this with AC’s most notorious statement–that the Jersey girls are using their husband’s deaths for political gain–that’s actually alarmingly true information.

(In my humble opinion)

JamesVersusEveryone on July 10, 2006 at 4:28 PM

JVE — Coulter’s said plenty that’s more notorious than that. Please.

Allahpundit on July 10, 2006 at 4:30 PM

Yeah but at least AC’s stuff makes sense. And it’s only notorious because the whining libtards get offended and huffy. If they would actually take a joke instead half the world would have never heard of her.

Face it, AP, you’re about the only person here who dislikes AC. You are of course welcome to your opinion. But we do not, and never will, share it.

Now as for the original topic, some women ARE basically jihadis of another stripe. We don’t call them femin@zis for nothing…

RH

RobertHuntingdon on July 10, 2006 at 4:53 PM

Fortunately, Coulter is a pundit. Unfortunately, the Duluth Model is accepted by many government entities as the state of affairs between men and women, and it says just that. Men are all rapists and batterers, women are all victims. The inverse is impossible. 100% research-ignoring, Feminazi claptrap. And in many places, it’s the law.

Pablo on July 10, 2006 at 4:56 PM

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on July 10, 2006 at 3:56 PM

Yes, Dread, but for the MSM, reporting on regular everyday crime in our cities isn’t NEARLY as much fun or glamorous and trashing our military.

pullingmyhairout on July 10, 2006 at 4:56 PM

Some of these women, very few, but some are so filled with hate and fear about the whole ‘men’ thing that it’s quite sad to witness their attempt to get even. Their whole of being is to hate men, find ways to prove they’re right to themselves, and lastly try to gain support by finding or persuading other women to agree with them. The sad part is that they wont get better, they wont ever be truly happy, and the women they find to spew this hate around are probably most vulnerable to anyone who pays attention to them. There is NO HONOR in that.
Hate and divisive actions have no good purpose. These women bother me because spiritual help or guidance could change their lives and their ways. They just might have a point to make, but thru vengeful garbage…? It just doesn’t fly.
You are a product of your environment, Ma’am, try to do some good with that misguided passion.

shooter on July 10, 2006 at 5:04 PM

I’m sure glad men aren’t “Masculinists” like some women are “feminists”. We’d have to blame everything on women and the U.S.

Correction…… blame everything on white women and the U.S.

darwin on July 10, 2006 at 5:32 PM

Well, I think you have a point. Most of the comments here do seem to be running in favor of AC. But I guess that I now find myself feeling compelled to throw my support behind Allah and his position on AC. Because even though it looks like most of us favor AC, not all of us do. And I think Allah’s take on AC is for the most part spot on. Just my two cents.

Having said that, I don’t want to start quarreling about this either. RH has his position, I have mine. No big deal and nothing personal. I’m sure if I ever met RH, I’d think he was a stand up sort of guy and buy him a beer.

EFG on July 10, 2006 at 5:51 PM

Genearlly speaking, this is what separates lefty blogger from righty blogger. Point and counterpoint (in this instance, regarding AC), without making death threats, or wishing horrific things upon each other’s children. Generally speaking, AC is, like beer or broccoli, an acquired taste. I don’t always like her delivery (the rat poison thing was over the top, even in jest), but I get where she’s coming from. Better to have her in the tent peeing out, than outside peeing in.

How much of that “hetero-normative” crap can anybody read before hearing Charlie Brown’s teacher?

Kid from Brooklyn on July 10, 2006 at 6:24 PM

I’d appreciate the offer… but I’d probably have to turn you down. I’m not a beer fan, despite my German roots (uhoh, I’m in trouble now)… although I suppose my brother-in-law IS corrupting me a tiny bit on the dark beers… :)

And I agree, it’s really not worth quarelling over. Most of us here like AC. Some don’t — which is why I said ABOUT ;) — and most of them have pretty logical reasons for it, even if they aren’t ones I agree with.

Unfortunately that can be a bit hard when you feel like somebody you admire is “under attack”… which led to some testy comments all around (myself included unfortunately) back when the bit hulabaloo was on every lamestream media station… and just about every non-lamestream media source as well…

The moral of the story, of course, it that like your momma (hopefully) always told ya… if you don’t have anything nice to say (99% of the time) don’t say anything at all!

RH

RobertHuntingdon on July 10, 2006 at 6:30 PM

Allah,
How did Ann get dragged into this? :)

wytammic on July 10, 2006 at 6:56 PM

Allah, I just don’t get it. It isn’t as if Ann was reprehensible as are SO many on the left. Her remarks cause one to take a good look at those who are so quick to blame conservatives for everything from slavery to hurricanes.

I did check out the link you provided [thank you], and what stuck out was the guy who said he read her book in 15 minutes. I’m no slouch when it comes to reading, and I am certain that no one could read her ‘Godless’ book in less than 1-1/2 hours. Any who could read her book that quickly wouldn’t be refering to the sources she provided, and thus couldn’t claim to have truely read that book.

Ann Coulter is a sharp wit who allows a refreshing look at liberals for those of us who are disgusted by those who take liberalism as being above reproach.

On the topic of that feminist, I hope she won’t hate me too much for not being embarassed to be a man who has no use for her, nor her ilk. :o)

DannoJyd on July 10, 2006 at 9:56 PM