Goldstein’s (alleged) stalker accuses him of doctoring her quotes (Confirmed: Frisch resigned)

posted at 4:40 pm on July 8, 2006 by Allahpundit

It’s a lie:

Protein Wisdom has been down since this all started so it is not possible to see all the comments and everything that led up to this. People are posting snippets of what I posted that have been embellished with references to french kissing and other things I didn’t say.

When and if protein wisdom comes on line again, it will be hard to tell what Jeff added or deleted to the transcript.

We don’t need the site back online to kill this meme in its crib (a metaphor Frisch would no doubt appreciate). Jeff wrote a post late Thursday night or early Friday morning quoting some of her greatest comment hits. Blackfive and Ace wrote about it soon after, and each was thoughtful/farsighted enough to copy-paste the list of quotations. Compare their posts and you’ll see the lists are identical. The staggeringly disgusting crack about “frenching” is right there, word for word, in both of them.

Other people read Jeff’s post at the time and have confirmed that there’s been no embellishment by any party. See the comments here.

Deb’s response to all this? Accusing Goldstein of having taken the site offline in order to hide “the raw data.”

We’ve invited Jeff to guest-blog here while his site is down, if only to respond to the nonsense she’s pitching at him. In the meantime, it’ll be interesting to see which lefties, if any, side with loony tunes in this particular test of credibility. They hate Goldstein with a passion, but they also know they’re dealing with damaged goods here on their own side — and that the odds that Jeff has doctored any of her nutbar natterings are damn near zero.

The boss is checking with the University of Arizona right now to find out if Frisch told the truth about resigning. Stay tuned.

Update: Patterico has more.

Update: Here’s a comforting thought, via Dan Riehl: the woman who wrote a defense of famed fragging advocate Ward Churchill participated in an FBI conference on counterterrorism in 2002. Page 50.

Update: Patterico says Protein Wisdom is loading for him. It isn’t for me, but Jeff says it will soon. Try your hand.

Update: True to form, lefty blogger Jeralyn Merritt shows some class.

Update: This is what I get for coming to this story late. Not only did Frisch defend Churchill, she appears to be a true-blue member of the reality-based community’s 9/11-conspiracy wing.

That FBI conference must have been something else, man.

Update: The boss gets the scoop: Frisch did indeed resign from U of A.

Update: Dan Riehl predicts that the sun will rise tomorrow morning and perhaps set sometime in the early evening.

And lo, it came to be.

Comments

My new host has almost got me back online. Not sure how this works, so some of you might be able to see the site, others not.

Jeff G on July 8, 2006 at 5:09 PM

She really does sound like she has deeper issues. However, she must accept responsibility for her actions and accept any consequences because of those actions. I hope one of those consequences is a court ordered mental health eval. Something’s not clicking up there.

darwin on July 8, 2006 at 5:21 PM

Rock on, Jeff.

Meanwhile, I think I might now be banned from here for the crime of bringing up the subject on a wingnut bashing thread where Mr. G. stars.

Pity. I so wanted to chat.

Pablo on July 8, 2006 at 5:30 PM

Liberals hate getting caught. Especially otherwise anonymous ones. Then more excuses to “justify” their embarrassement at getting caught.

Lawrence on July 8, 2006 at 5:30 PM

I’d call her unhinged, but that would imply the presence of a hinge.

Jim Treacher on July 8, 2006 at 5:35 PM

I can see it fine, Jeff.

Patterico on July 8, 2006 at 5:46 PM

I see it too, but it’s balking at a comment.

Pablo on July 8, 2006 at 5:51 PM

I still can’t open it in Firefox or IE.

Jim Treacher on July 8, 2006 at 5:57 PM

Pablo, you got at least one comment up. Maybe you had the same issue as I did: after you leave a comment, you get a white screen. You have to access the site again to get back to it (refreshing may send the comment again).

Patterico on July 8, 2006 at 5:57 PM

Jim, maybe these problems you claim to have at everyone else’s sites are really your own. :)

(Jim can’t comment at my site. I can’t seem to figure out how to un-ban him.)

Patterico on July 8, 2006 at 5:58 PM

I can’t open PW, but I did see Frisch’s comments before the site went down. And wished I hadn’t afterward.

Bryan on July 8, 2006 at 5:59 PM

Not loading for me, but I’ll keep trying.

SisterToldjah on July 8, 2006 at 6:04 PM

Wouldn’t be the first time!

Jim Treacher on July 8, 2006 at 6:10 PM

It still won’t open here, either. That’s at 17:05 CDT on 7-8-06, just for the record.

That loony female explains exactly why I think the way I do. There are three things I must (Emphasis on MUST) have in my home to feel secure.

1. A fireplace. If all else fails, I must be able to build a fire and make my own heat.

2. A dog. Preferably a large and very territorial one, who lets me know when things are coming that I may or may not hear myself.

3. Weapons. The U.N. can blow it out whatever orifice they choose. I’ve got mine, and enough for a few other folks too. Clubs, edged weapons, bows, firearms? Take your pick.

The female (I refuse to say ‘lady’ in her case) has written poetry about the AK-47 being mightier than the pen. OK, honey. Bring it on here, too. I’ll see your AK-47, and raise you an AK-74. We won’t even get off into the other ordnance available if someone makes me think I need it.

And I don’t even blog, although I ought to start.

I hate it for Goldstein, because if my kids were still in that age range, I’d have 3 Rotties and 5 or 6 Pitbulls running my yard for fifteen years, or until she gets out, whichever comes first. And I don’t know where he’s located. Down here in the South, some loon comes looking for me or mine, they are toast, and I won’t have legal problems because of it.

Mr. Goldstein, I have a recommendation. Move to a gun-friendly State, and arm up. Get a couple of really territorial dogs, and just grin and tell them to “Come get some”!

jefferson101 on July 8, 2006 at 6:16 PM

Ah, a note to everyone that in Colorado, this is how political discourse unfolds. Must be something about the thin air, or the thought of it, that brings out the best in the Left. Remember Kathleen Yvonne Ensz, a former professor of French at the University of Northern Colorado and a Democrat, was cited for dropping dog feces through a mail slot of U.S. Republican Representative Marilyn Musgrave’s Greeley office.

Rocky Mountain News

Denver Post

I can only urge you to show pity and constraint for the deprived professorial minds of Ensz and Frisch as we must do for all mentally disabled individuals.

GPE on July 8, 2006 at 6:20 PM

You just know that anyone who defends Ward Churchill as she did just isn’t firing on all cylinders.

The only consolation I see in this mess is that Jeff must be doing something right to get someone like Frisch totally unglued.

Keep up the good work.

GT on July 8, 2006 at 6:42 PM

The site is loading for me now.

SisterToldjah on July 8, 2006 at 6:45 PM

Site loads for me but I have to hit ‘refresh”. Other than that it works fine. As to Ms. Frisch, being a psyhcology prof. she should look in her mirror and spell out the words “S O C I O P A T H”. Can’t believe my Arizona State taxes were going to pay for her Midol tablets.

Chief1942 on July 8, 2006 at 7:03 PM

AP,

Whatever the merit of Merritt — and I don’t read her nutjob blog — the comment section there is priceless. Not only do they not share JM’s condemnation of Frisch, they can’t resist the opportunity to jam another sharp object in Jeff’s ear, metaphorically speaking.

According to these tinfoil models, Deb Frisch is just another victim of the hateful wingnuts, who tweaked her into making “edgy” comments that are quite in keeping with the banter at Protein Wisdom, and now Jeff is the whining victim.

So if Jeralyn Merritt is all about class, then it’s lost on her charming company…

Jaibones on July 8, 2006 at 8:50 PM

Works now!

Jim Treacher on July 8, 2006 at 8:56 PM

It’s working for me too.

To “Ms.” Frisch (a much more respectful title than you deserve),

I had heard of and visited Protein Wisdom on past occasions, but now, due to the publicity caused by your hateful demented threats, I have added to site to my bookmarks and will be stopping by there regularly. Thank you and have a nice day.

P.S. F.O.A.D.

speed647 on July 8, 2006 at 10:00 PM

I’ll second that, jefferson101. You DO NOT MESS WITH MY CHILD.

bamapachyderm on July 8, 2006 at 11:06 PM

The NUttie professors rantings reminds me of those by Jason Leopold. Leopold has posted some really VILE comments on my blog. I left his “anonymous” comments there so everybody can see what a sicko Leopold is. Also Leopold called up a friend of mine in North Carolina (Congressman BillyBob) and said some equally SICK things to him. It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if the NUttie professor is a member of the Democrat Underground.

And remember, such sickness is COMMON among the Leftists.

pjcomix on July 8, 2006 at 11:26 PM

WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO REVIEWED AND HIRED HER AS A PROFESSOR – DOESNT ANYONE IN HUMAN RESOURCES RESEARCH?

EricPWJohnson on July 9, 2006 at 6:04 AM

What disturbs me most about this incident is the impact it may have on bloggers in general. It seems that more and more the chosen tactic of the left now has gone beyond the usual verbal attacks whereby they engage in the “politics of personal destruction” and into the realm of actual threats of physical harm. This could have an extremely cooling effect on wannabee bloggers. There may be many who in light of the upcoming national elections, which by all prognostications, will be heated may reconsider their desire to stake out their little corner of blogoshere for fear of attracting attention which may endanger their families, simply because they wish to post items of interest to them. IMHO I think the precedent for this may have been set by Randi Rhoades and her famous “satire” on Air America radio where she simulated shooting President Bush. The left viewed that as satire, and now with the total disarray in the Democratic party, i.e., the Lieberman case, and the obsession or insanity of BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome)it appears they are now for violence as an outlet for their frustration and anger.
I am all for free speech, but I am also for personal responsibilty. You cannot separate the two.

LakeRuins on July 9, 2006 at 10:50 AM

“I am all for free speech, but I am also for personal responsibilty. You cannot separate the two”.

Sure you can, lefties separate the two all the time.

darwin on July 9, 2006 at 11:31 AM

I saw a pic on the Web of Nuttie Professor Frisch and her partner with a little kid. Is that girl adopted? If so, in light on Frisch’s SICKO comments, the authorities might think about removing the girl from Frisch. That woman is DANGEROUS.

pjcomix on July 9, 2006 at 1:00 PM

I just read some of her comments… quite outrageous, especially the ones directed at the toddler. I suppose she thought she was being funny when she wrote those?

It’d be interesting to hear from one of her recent students; Did she spout her political opinion in class, or did she actually stick to the subject matter she was supposed to teach? Judging by some of the comments she wrote, I suppose her hatred runs so deep that she wouldn’t have been able to restrain herself in class.

It takes a special kind of hatred to wish death upon a political opponent’s 2 year old child. Forget the Cindy Sheehan pledge drive… let’s pitch in to buy this unhinged teacher a copy of Savage’s “Liberalism is a Mental Disorder.”

Dave Shay on July 9, 2006 at 2:09 PM

It’s still not loading for me.

StephC on July 9, 2006 at 3:18 PM