Leak madness, phase two: CNN records closed-door Rice/Lavrov meeting

posted at 2:40 pm on June 30, 2006 by Allahpundit

They plugged their audio cables into equipment that had been provided by the Russian government and accidentally recorded part of the meeting.

Then they accidentally broadcast it. Then the accident itself became news, so naturally they had to cover it.

This mustn’t be bugging me that much because I’m a conservative blogger and I’m “yelling” about it on the Internet. Right, Bill?

Comments

Condi was set up by the Russians. No doubt, the Russians had in mind to embarrass her.

gary on June 30, 2006 at 3:16 PM

I heard them talking about this on FOX also, around 8am ish. Did CNN break it before that?

Kevin M on June 30, 2006 at 3:32 PM

I like Dr. Rice more and more. Good to hear her taking a firm stand.

Really, though, that exchange was more polite and respectful than I’m used to hearing on the House or Senate floor.

mikeyboss on June 30, 2006 at 3:45 PM

Condi clearly stated her position and played her roll. Good thing there was no foul language. We wouldn’t want to burst the public’s bubble on Condie.

Shmo on June 30, 2006 at 3:51 PM

It’s like that scene from Forest Gump when the anti-war libs crossed the microphone cables.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

Kini on June 30, 2006 at 3:55 PM

Yeah, I’m sure it was an accident. The only reason they call it an “accident” is because Condi DID’NT say anything they could use against her.

Madam President, we love you!

Tony737 on June 30, 2006 at 4:07 PM

So they purposely eavesdropped on our Secretary of State and then broadcast it; spec-freakin-tacular.

I’m inclined to agree with Gary, the first poster above; and I’m sure they really had to twist CNN’s arm to get them to do it too.

Good reporting Allah, and by that I mean thanks for clueing me in to yet another story that makes my blood boil.

Cary on June 30, 2006 at 4:11 PM

So, the media leaks a story which shows division amongst the enemies of the Jihadists… thus giving comfort to the enemy?

Why does this not suprise me?

Romeo13 on June 30, 2006 at 4:27 PM

As long as the White House keeps inviting these journalists to official state dinners, calling on them for questions, and giving them prestigious treatment, what incentive does CNN, the New York Times, BBC, etc have to change their ways?

Until the White House cracks down, expect more leaks. These journalists are not stupid; they will do as much damage to the administration and to U.S. security as they can get away with. Obviously, the White House has yet to come to this conclusion.

januarius on June 30, 2006 at 4:35 PM

Notice that the male reporter said that the 4 russian diplomats were “killed”. Wrong, they were kidnapped and murdered by having their heads cut off…. How quickly they forget that fact….

robo on June 30, 2006 at 5:16 PM

That’s hi-larious. They know it shouldn’t have been broadcast, as much was said no less than two times in the report. So they play the audio anyway. Par for the course.

Tyrant on June 30, 2006 at 5:47 PM

how about them firing the people that recorded this, then played it?
That would make sense to me.

Wyrd on June 30, 2006 at 6:04 PM

Ahem!
ROPE-TREE-LEAKY JOURNALIST, ANY QUESTIONS?

This has to stop, the mediots have, in effect, declared war on America with their actions. Every day its some other leak, not ONE item of good news for America or the war effort, even though the economy is purring along and from the things I hear from abroad the GWOT war on islamofascism is going well.

President Bush needs to get his nose out of foreign leader’s pipuk and grow a pair. There have got to be consequinces to actions, as we are all taught as children, and these mediots need to suffer them.

I’ll close now, before I get any more irate about tis blatant TREASON

Duty, Honor, Country
(in THAT order)
Rowane

Rowane on June 30, 2006 at 9:57 PM

Isn’t it getting noticed that their every attempt at evil gets turned around for the good?

Condi laid it down straight, square and true.

Kind of puts the brakes on these wild accusations of a hidden agenda goin’ on among this administration, doesn’t it?

And I don’t think there is any cause for concern about Dr. Rice using any foul language behind closed doors.

She is a lady.

The Machine on June 30, 2006 at 10:14 PM

If you live in private the as if you were on display to God and the universe (which we are), the light of truth eventually becomes apparent. Condi is class.

Our retribution to the NYT, to CNN, ant the otehr liberal media should be swift.

Bush has to choose between protecting the Republican vote from insane media backlash and spin, and doing the right thing. This is a democracy, people. Our congressmen need to hear us demanding prosecution of treason in this country.

CountryDoc on June 30, 2006 at 10:31 PM

Write, call, fax, and email your congress-critter daily until something is done about this.

This whole rigamarol with the mediots lately is nothing but treason piled upon top of sedition and must be accounted for.

I think the Prez will probably wait until after Nov to do anything, if then. Some Fed court is going to have to take notice and start something for him to get off his rump and do something.

Duty, Honor, Country
(in THAT order)
Rowane

Rowane on July 1, 2006 at 11:15 AM

So…CNN took a leak, and now their shaking their leg, grumbling. Have a happy Fourth of July, everyone!

Doug on July 2, 2006 at 2:23 AM

Rowane on July 1, 2006 at 11:15 AM

If you feel inclined to do as Rowane suggests but you lost your “Easy Button”…
Congress Merge: Online Congressional Directory

NightmareOnKStreet on January 11, 2007 at 5:07 PM

SORRY, I goofed on the link. Fingers CROSSED…

NightmareOnKStreet on January 11, 2007 at 5:10 PM

All together this time (I hope)

Rowane on July 1, 2006 at 11:15 AM

If you feel inclined to do as Rowane suggests but you lost your “Easy Button”… Below is a link to an UP-TO-DATE (as of today) CONGRESSIONAL DIRECTORY “Congress Merge” (Both Senate and House of Representatives). Representatives don’t usually respond to constituents outside their district so this site makes it very easy to ensure you’re writing to the correct person. Just put in your zip code and click “SUBMIT”; that takes you to EMAIL LINKS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES (2 Senators & 1 Representative)
Congress Merge: Online Congressional Directory http://www.congressmerge.com/onlinedb/index.htm

NightmareOnKStreet on January 11, 2007 at 5:17 PM

I. Need. A. Moment. Stuck-On-Stupid. Can I change my name to that? Only a newbie would post on an old link instead of the current one. Kyrie Eleison.

NightmareOnKStreet on January 11, 2007 at 5:25 PM