Israeli TV: Shalit treated by doctor

posted at 4:24 pm on June 30, 2006 by Bryan

If true, it’s the best news we’ve heard since Koizumi sang Elvis:

JERUSALEM (CNN) — Israeli television station IBA has reported that a doctor has seen kidnapped 19-year-old army Cpl. Gilad Shalit and treated his injuries.

CNN has not independently confirmed the report, but no details were given on Shalit’s injuries or condition.

The news came as Israel delayed a ground operation in northern Gaza on Friday while diplomats worked to end a crisis over a kidnapped soldier.

As those talks went on, Israeli warplanes hit the Palestinian Authority’s Interior Ministry building in Gaza City, which the Israeli military said was being used “for directing and planning terror activities.”

With enough chutzpah to fill the Pacific, Hamas is now decrying Israel for having some nefarious plot to destroy the Palestinian government run by Hamas. Isn’t that the Hamas dream for a one-state solution, only in reverse? Didn’t the Palestinians themselves celebrate the Israeli withdrawal by destroying quite a bit of their own infrastructure that Israel had built and was leaving behind? And doesn’t Hamas still regard Israel as “the Zionist entity” that must be pushed into the sea? That’s what I thought.

Comments

Well, yeah, but Zionism is racism!

Keep in mind, I’m not anti-semetic. I have Jewish friends too. Well, actually, I don’t have any right now, but if I met any who were suffiently anti-Zionist, pro-one state solution to support the inalienalble right of return to push those jews into the sea, and could realize that ZOG is controlling our banks and atm transaction fees, well I’d support the right of these jews to still be jews, as long as it wasn’t in the middle east.

Oh, and by the way, Palestinians are semites too, so just because they want to “push Israel into the sea” doesn’t mean they are anti-semetic. Plus I was pushed into the sea, well, the YMCA pool, plenty of times when I was a kid and you don’t see me crying about it. Get over it already!

EFG on June 30, 2006 at 4:46 PM

EFG

Nationalism like for Palestinians is ok
Zionism = Jewish Nationalism
Therefore Anti Zionism is Anti Semitism because ONLY Jews don’t have the right to a homeland.
And while Palestinians are Semites, Anti-Semitism is STRICTLY prejudice against JEWS ONLY. Don’t play linguistical games to amke it look like Arabs have nothing wrong.

and if your post was a joke, feel free to smack me

Defector01 on June 30, 2006 at 5:11 PM

EFG, you little weasel. When they speak of ‘pushing Israel into the sea’, they aren’t talking about a day in the beach. They are talking about annihilation.

Have you recently thanked God that the Israeli government is controlling your banks? You should. Were they in Palestinian hands I’m sure there would be much larger sums getting ‘lost’ in Kuwaiti hotel rooms. Besides, Palestinians aren’t very good at building institutions. When Arafat was dying of AIDS a mysterious illness, he went to Paris. All that international aid through the years and there was no decent medical care available. At least his widow is a billionaire. Must be that booming Palestian stock market.

fluffy on June 30, 2006 at 5:16 PM

Defector01:

and if your post was a joke, feel free to smack me

Yeah, it was sarcasm. Although I have no intention of “smacking” you, as you know, we gotta break the uh, cycle of violence, mkay? ;-)

fluffy, I know they are talking about annhilation. I’m a big a fan of metaphores and exageration in speech as anyone else, but yeah, I know when they say they want to push the Jews into the sea, it has the same sentiment as “Final Solution.”

Either my power of parody are sorely lacking, or it is becoming increasingly difficult to parody some of the screeds that are coming out of the hard left. Honestly, I would prefer that it was just that I suck at doing paradoy or tounge in cheek writting. Because the implications of that are just that, well, I suck at writting.

EFG on June 30, 2006 at 5:45 PM

EFG,
Perhaps putting a disclaimer before your comment just to let everyone know a bit of wit is coming thus way?

I, like so many others, have suffered from foot in mouth disease also.

I got better…. got turned into a newt…

Seriously, Hamas lies, always lies. Like a thief, they lie, then blame it on everyone else after they poop where they eat.

Kini on June 30, 2006 at 6:04 PM

Kini:

I got better…. got turned into a newt…

Classic comedy. Good stuff.

For the record, my feelings about Israel vs Hamas are pretty accurately summed up HERE.

EFG on June 30, 2006 at 6:09 PM

EFG,
I thought that was sarcastic humor — shoot, not that I have all your posts memorized, but I do have a pretty good handle on the more conservative posters:) Way to redeem yourself:) That YMCA pool thing was just over the top though ;)

wytammic on June 30, 2006 at 6:20 PM

That said … I pray that soldier is okay. Freakin dirtbag kidnapping terrorists anyway. It is heartening to see Israel move heaven and earth in attempts to get him back safely.

wytammic on June 30, 2006 at 6:22 PM

EFG

Amen – maybe Canadian’s are waking up and finally smelling the burning coffee.

With the exception of Quebec, they’re not really Canadian.

They’re French, you silly English Ka-nigits!

Kini on June 30, 2006 at 6:25 PM

EFG:

Sorry to jump on you. I guess the pool should have been a clue. You can keep a rabid poodle at bay with a tiny emoticon ;]

fluffy on June 30, 2006 at 9:47 PM

We have another person who is missing unless the 62 year old man has been found. So the score is, one young man dead, one young soldier possibly to be returned, one elder man unknown. On the other side a whole bunch of pali buildings still standing.

All palis report to the 12 mile limit please. Your destination will be to the west somewhere.

Mike H. on July 1, 2006 at 12:24 AM