Another Bin Laden tape coming?

posted at 4:42 pm on June 30, 2006 by Allahpundit

So says Walid Phares at Counterterrorism Blog. If Somalia isn’t on Bush’s radar yet (which is unlikely), it will be soon.

You’ll be glad to know that clerics at Al-Azhar University, the intellectual center of Sunni Islam, issued a fatwa recently declaring suicide bombings a grave sin punishable by eternal hellfire.

Unless they’re used for jihad, in which case they’re okay:

Dr. Othman continued: “The second crime that a man who commits suicide carries out is the killings of others, while his motives are political and not religious. There is this suicide bomber who kills himself against his ruler and at the same time kills many innocent people – that is a sin. Not to mention public and personal property damage.”…

“The martyr, according to Islamic rule, is a man who fights the enemy and sacrifice his life while defending his religion, his homeland, his wives’ respect, and protecting his land. This is set in Islamic laws, and only if he dies this way, he is a martyr.”…

Dr. Ottman was quick to hint that suicide against Israeli targets is allowed.

“Those using suicide bombing against the enemy, the land robbers, and the occupier of nations, are martyrs,” he concluded.

The political/religious distinction at least puts Muslim civilians off limits, no? No, says Osama:

To those who accuse the knight of Islam of killing a certain sector of Iraq’s people, I say to them … Abu Musab had clear instructions to focus his fight on the occupiers, particularly the Americans and to leave aside anyone who remains neutral. But for those who refused (neutrality) and stood to fight on the side of the crusaders against the Muslims, then he should kill them whoever they are, regardless of their sect or tribe. For supporting infidels against Muslims is a major sin.

According to Iraqi national security advisor Mowaffak al-Rubaie, the current whereabouts of the knight of Islam is an unmarked grave somewhere inside Iraq.

Parting shot: Did you know that Google News carries a daily pro-insurgency newsletter? It’s called the “Iraqi Resistance Report” and it’s published each morning by Uruknet.info. From today’s round-up:

The correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam reported eyewitnesses in Jazirat al-Khalidiyah as saying that one Iraqi soldier who was on guard duty at a military camp set up in houses robbed from the population of al-Kartan village was shot to death by an Iraqi Resistance sharpshooter. The sharpshooter’s bullet struck the Iraqi puppet army soldier directly, killing him instantly.

Maybe Google doesn’t know about the site.

Or, maybe they do and just don’t care.

Comments

I really question the timing…

EFG on June 30, 2006 at 5:10 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
OBL has another tape, dirka dirka jihad muhhamad atta
Yippie Ki-Yay

Defector01 on June 30, 2006 at 5:32 PM

Does anyone really know what time it is?

Thanks EFG, from yesterdays post!

I try to to keep up with the likes of such intellectual giants on these posts. No pun intended, but pure awe!

But when a dry sense of wit zooms over my head parting my hair, what little I have left, and I don’t get it… well, I appreciate any enlightenment!

Kini on June 30, 2006 at 5:52 PM

It’s good to see that Allah keeps count of what is political and what is religious.

Quick question, “Do these jeans make my butt look Fatwah?”

BirdEye on June 30, 2006 at 5:57 PM

Why is it the only time bin Laden has felt that the event was important enough for him to show his face was for the Kerry campaign ad he did?

By the way, did that obl video ever make it online? I want to take a close look at that thing.

Perchant on June 30, 2006 at 6:04 PM

It just seems that Osama always puts these tapes out when things are getting really ugly for him, and no one else can boost his morale, criticize our troops, and get out his message better than the American media. Go NY Times!!

Alternate Conspiracy Theory: Karl Rove is releasing this now after having a long lunch date with Osama (who he keeps in a cottage in the Hamptons with the cure to AIDS) because it will somehow advance their Neocon agenda…blah blah blah…fade into distraction by random shiny object.

StoutRepublican on June 30, 2006 at 6:06 PM

Remember, he knows the media will help and support his cause.

The NYT’s proved that.

I read the good Doctors message as; If yer gonna blow yerself up, make sure you blow up someone we don’t like. That way we have plenty more of us to blow up more people we don’t like.

Now for a round of Islam Kum-by-ya! Gather up yer bomb belts, it’s time for a sing song.

Kini on June 30, 2006 at 6:11 PM

Bush lied so Osama he could hide!

BirdEye on June 30, 2006 at 6:12 PM

“It’s good to see that Allah keeps count of what is political and what is religious”.

What a guy, er, god. These muslims are lucky to have such an accomodating deity. Who needs free will when allah baby justifies everything for ya?

darwin on June 30, 2006 at 6:33 PM

I’ve complained to Google about uruknet before. I get crap from them all the time–or at least I used to, when I had “Zarqawi dead” as a Google news alert (they claimed he was dead for a LONG time before he was actually killed). When they don’t have Michelle Malkin (or this site) and keep kicking Jawa off Google News, but have URUKNET, of all things as a news source–along with a ton of other questionable sites, needless to say–it’s infuriating. So they DO KNOW, they either just don’t care or they approve of the message. I suspect the latter, since they also carry Information Clearinghouse, Indymedia, Common Dreams, and a ton of other conspiracy-theory mongers.

I HATE Google, and I hate that I “have to” use it. Yahoo or someone needs to catch up, desperately.

Re: the fatwa–like anyone’s going to listen to it, right? Only if it comes from a powerful cleric (or bin Laden himself) would it be heeded by anyone. It’s just propaganda material for the apologists.

bamapachyderm on June 30, 2006 at 6:47 PM

Go here to complain about uruknet:

bamapachyderm on June 30, 2006 at 7:05 PM

Yada, yada, yada. Humina, humina, humina.

Blah, Blah, Blahden has diarrhea of the mouth.

doingwhatican on June 30, 2006 at 7:38 PM

Put the piece of crap’s face on a front page with a date on it and I might believe it! For the CIA to say that the tape is authentic is laughable to my senses. Why in the world would they want to keep this glob of pig crap alive in our world? Send an audio, send another one, have the CIA say they are real and keep your movement alive! I believe this pig is dead. If he is not, force him to show the world that he isn’t. I spit on everything that BenLahden stands for and believes in. Mohammad, go screw yourself!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on July 1, 2006 at 12:09 AM

With the release of these tapes in quick succession from OBL it may point to real growing weakness in his movement which I hope is the case. I try to conjure up an image of him tapping on a microphone and saying ” Hello, Hello, is this thing on, test, test anybody listening.”
On the other hand it raises my alert level that he may be trying to convey to his followers the message that if you are going to do something now is the time. OBL is not the begining or the end on Islamic fanaticism. There are many more who hope to propel themselves onto the world stage, although I don’t know how being hunted down and living in seclusion would be the life I want to live.

LakeRuins on July 1, 2006 at 9:05 AM