Radio alert: Michelle guest-hosting for John & Ken today and tomorrow

posted at 2:16 pm on June 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

The number-one afternoon drive-time radio slot in L.A. — and it’s all hers for the next two days. 6-9 p.m. ET/3-6 p.m. PT. On the agenda: Hamdan, immigration, and of course the Times leak story.

Listen live over the web at KFI640.com.

Comments

On the agenda: Hamdan, immigration, and of course the Times leak story.

What, no rap?

thirteen28 on June 29, 2006 at 2:27 PM

We’re planning to touch on it.

Michelle on June 29, 2006 at 2:32 PM

Sweet. 3 hours of Michelle. I’m stoked. Vent always leaves me …wanting …more… :) KFI will have at least this 1 additional web listener for the next two days. I hope Mark Levin doesn’t mind I switch for a rare two night treat.

Psycotte on June 29, 2006 at 2:35 PM

Hope I can get this station on more than just my laptop.(car?)
Maybe we’ll hear that lawbreaking illegal aliens, killer terrorists , and LOBSTERS have more rights than lower middle class Americans have. And they all eat better than millions of Americans.
It should be fun, We’ll be listening Michelle. Glad it’s you.

shooter on June 29, 2006 at 2:43 PM

Allah:

Make sure you get some video of Michelle at the helm for posterity. We’ll hope to see some footage here.

Psycotte on June 29, 2006 at 2:45 PM

Erm…do we really need video footage of a radio show? Just askin’…

EFG on June 29, 2006 at 2:48 PM

To make myself clear, MixMasterMichelle, it is you I was hoping to hear doing the rap … word?

thirteen28 on June 29, 2006 at 2:52 PM

Well, it’s about time.

Kid from Brooklyn on June 29, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Oh my God, this is too much. The fusion of Michelle’s presence on their airwaves combined with J&K’s lingering aura might cause a reaction that makes all ICE and CBP offices across the country explode. Everyone stay away from federal buildings for the next few days.

Alex K on June 29, 2006 at 2:58 PM

As an Elderado, I’m stuck between hoping to listen to Larry Elder‘s voice again or Michelle Malkin’s voice. I’m tempted to go with the latter. :)

Cutty S. on June 29, 2006 at 3:01 PM

You can download podcasts of KFI shows the day after. Requires registration but I’m pretty sure it’s free.

Alex K on June 29, 2006 at 3:23 PM

I tried to log in for the online but apparently the firewall at the office blocks the port or something. Pity. I would love to hear this show too.

RH

RobertHuntingdon on June 29, 2006 at 3:55 PM

What happened to Glen Beck? Oh yeah he blows. I so love you Michelle. In a platonic “please teach a training course on how to pe a proper female conservative” kind of way.

Please talk about the Mexican flag flying at the San Diego County fair.

I am so getting on the air today.

Theworldisnotenough on June 29, 2006 at 4:21 PM

World,
Please clarify.
What is this comment about the SD county fair with the Mexican Flag? Is that for real? Any links or refs?

FOG

Fogpig on June 29, 2006 at 4:31 PM

Fog:

The Flag in question

Quick search of Google turned this up.

Psycotte on June 29, 2006 at 5:02 PM

Last night, stuck in traffic (business trip) from LA to San Diego, I listened to Glenn Beck.

While I adore John and Ken, even if I don’t always agree with them, Glenn was a disappointment. He talked about inane things and repeated this every few min. “I’m the host of the 3rd most listened to radio show and also …program on CNN”.

Michelle, I know you will talk about the real issues affecting us, and intelligently at that. Good luck!

Entelechy on June 29, 2006 at 5:15 PM

Beck is all over the map. Politics, pop culture, etc. Some days good some days bad. On the other hand, I’m sure Michelle will kick butt! Michelle, my belle! Smart and smokin’ hot. What’s not to like?

roninacreage on June 29, 2006 at 5:40 PM

Crap, Rush is on at the same time here!!!

I got to multiplex both at the same time!!

Kini on June 29, 2006 at 6:33 PM

Too many commercials!!!

Michele seems rushed trying to make a point.

Also, too many Ummm’s

Sorry, I love your show, but there’s more sell time than Michele time… not fair… I know, payin da bills

Kini on June 29, 2006 at 11:21 PM

I had a blast doing the show. Thanks to Michelle for having me on. Anyone hear it?

Patterico on June 30, 2006 at 12:34 AM

I went for an hour-and-a-half before unexpected duty ruined the party. She was pretty good on the air, I hope I can catch the rest of it on that KFI podcast thing or at least listen to her tommorow.

Cutty S. on June 30, 2006 at 12:57 AM

I caught Roger Hedgecock’s radio show driving into town today and he talked briefly about the mexican flag issue.

Apparently, the fairgrounds will fly a different flag depending on events happening within the venue. Of the three flags flying, the American Flag is mounted in the center, taller than the other flags. The linked photo from above is taken from a position that makes it’s position difficult to define.

Dan866 on June 30, 2006 at 3:24 AM

I listened to a portion of yesterday’s broadcast and it was quite a pleasant surprise to hear MM’s voice and opinion as a nice hiatus from John & Ken.

Not bad at all for a relative neophite prime-time/drive-time major LA AM radio station commentator.

Quite a nice compliment to be asked to sit in I would think.

AhoyM8 on June 30, 2006 at 1:30 PM

Yeah you were great. The LAT has to be ready for critical melt down. Papers are dying. The Dayton Daily News is like a pamphlet now.

Also, too many Ummm’s

I agree but Michelle is not a radio personality is she? Double M get a pass on the umm’s. And pete’s sake they were thrashing the calls. I got through twice but could not make the air. Better call screening is needed.

Theworldisnotenough on June 30, 2006 at 2:33 PM

I’ve only heard the first hour so far, with McCarthy, but Michelle is great. Has she ever done radio? She’s a natural. My main complaint is that she should read more Pelosi quotes in a mocking tone like she did earler.

Alex K on June 30, 2006 at 3:51 PM

Patterico, I did catch you and MM for about 20 min. and you were great! You were very objective and measured in your responses. It was good to hear from MM how ‘Patterico’ is pronounced :) Keep looking out for us and thank you.

Entelechy on June 30, 2006 at 5:51 PM

Ack! You should have warned us that tuning early gets us a dose of Dr. Schlesinger! You will not be soon forgiven.

Kevin M on June 30, 2006 at 5:52 PM

She’s rockin today, btw. Very few ‘ums’. If you think that’s easy, try keeping a conversation alive without them.

Kevin M on June 30, 2006 at 7:20 PM

Patterico was great too. Seriously, most real talk radio hosts are terrible, Michelle’s already better than most of them.

Alex K on June 30, 2006 at 8:23 PM

Good job Michelle, especially that last segment with Lt. Pantano.

speed647 on June 30, 2006 at 10:49 PM

Beck is all over the map. Politics, pop culture, etc.

Yeah he’s become annoying to listen to. He’s on against Ingraham here in Phila. so it’s a pretty each choice these days.

Go RBNY on July 3, 2006 at 10:28 PM