Blah blah new Bin Laden tape released

posted at 10:17 pm on June 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

Marc Ginsberg, former U.S. ambassador to Morocco, is on Fox right now discussing it. He says Bin Laden threatens King Abdullah of Jordan for not allowing Zarqawi’s body to return to Jordan, and — interestingly indeed — tries to distance himself from Zarqawi’s targeting of Iraqis. Ginsberg also questions whether he and Zawahri are still living in caves, considering their access to fairly sophisticated A/V equipment.

Apparently the tape is video but Bin Laden merely provides the voiceover.

Here’s the first press report. Stand by for more.

Update: Details from ABC News. Sure sounds like Ginsberg got it wrong:

He also defends al Zarqawi against those who claimed he killed innocent people, and he seems to try to justify attacks on Shiites in Iraq by saying that people who agree to fight on the side of “the crusaders” — the coalition troops — have to be fought regardless of their sect.

And someone might want to pass this along to Murtha:

“We will continue — God willing — to fight you and your allies everywhere in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia and Sudan until we deplete your resources, kill your men and (force you) to return defeated to your lands as we have defeated you before — God willing — in Somalia.”

Update: Sanctuary says it’s his best work since “The Bitch Is Back.”

osama-tape.jpg

Update: A note of optimism from the AP: “In the tape, bin Laden’s voice sounded breathy and fatigued at times.”

Comments

I question the timing.

EFG on June 29, 2006 at 10:49 PM

I question the timing.

I do as well but hey with every tape he releases, the closer we get. Can you imagine us catching him on, say around ah, June 2008? That would be great.

Theworldisnotenough on June 29, 2006 at 10:53 PM

… sherpa sherpa bakalah…

jwookie on June 29, 2006 at 11:57 PM

When it is authenticated, they will say that it is “bin Laden”

But will they say it is Osama bin Laden.

No Picture? Audio Only? Osama’s got a fistfull of brothers. What does it mean when an intel agency says “it is bin Laden?

Wander on June 30, 2006 at 12:06 AM

I don’t know why you would question the timing. This seems to be his modus operandi.

Keep the pressure up on us, and maybe signal some kind of message to others. Murtha included, perhaps… maybe…

I would not second quess… well, maybe we should since most of our tools for catching creeps like this are being sold out by the NYT and others, Murtha berka…

Kini on June 30, 2006 at 12:39 AM

EFG:

I question the timing.

Kini:

For the record, I do not question the timing. My first post was complete and utter sarcasm, based off of the moonbat phrase “I question the timing” which we heard after the death of Zarqawi, the recents arrests in Miami, etc, etc, etc. So I figured why not repeat their non-sensical phrase right now for comedic purposes.

EFG on June 30, 2006 at 3:05 AM

Also Kini, although I am a little disapointed in your not getting the joke (although to be honest, that is probably more of reflection of my failings as a comedian), I commend you for calling B.S. on what you perceived as a serious, yet assinine comment. Kudos.

Yeah, that is definitely a stinging rebuke to my hubris in thinking I could make a witty comment. Sigh…

EFG on June 30, 2006 at 3:11 AM

I know the CIA and the President and a whole bunch of other people say otherwise, but I still think that Osama is dead, and probably has been for a couple of years.

So many people (on both sides) have a ‘vested interest’ in keeping Osama ‘alive’. Call me an ignorant conspiracy nut moonbat, but nothing I have seen so far convinces me that he is still breathing.

LegendHasIt on June 30, 2006 at 4:02 AM

EFG, why did you make that post at 3:05 AM? I question your timing.

Kevin M on June 30, 2006 at 7:11 AM

EFG – I got your dry wit. Actually snarfed coffee when I read it. “I question the timing.” Classic. If a modern liberal won the lottery, he’d “question the timing” – and probably insinuate that it was a Rovian/Bush plot to convince him to vote Republican.

As for Osama Yomama … it is rather interesting that, as far as I know, he hasn’t been on video since 9/11. Is that true? Has he ever actually done a video – one authenticated as being post-9/11?

I agree with LegendHasIt: I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been rotting in a bomb crater for years. Alternatively, he may be one truly messed up dude … and showing his scarred face and crippled body (courtesy of the USAF) would be bad for “troop” morale among nancy boy terrorist types. Or, to summarize, burka burka Mohammed jihad.

Professor Blather on June 30, 2006 at 7:14 AM

Pardon me – I meant dirka dirka rather than burka burka. Obviously “burka burka” is Swedish.

Professor Blather on June 30, 2006 at 7:49 AM

I do too question the timing, Thursday, very very strange

Ropera on June 30, 2006 at 8:31 AM

Timing blah, blah, blah

oh … and “God willing” blah, blah, blah

darwin on June 30, 2006 at 9:26 AM

EFG I got it too,

but I thought he was a victim of a George W. Bush / Karl Rove secret plot to erode his looney left mojo. Either way, I smell a victim here somewhere!

Shmo on June 30, 2006 at 10:14 AM

I wonder what the chances are that Osama blah blah blah has been in Iran? The pieces of the puzzel would fit ……

omegaram on June 30, 2006 at 10:17 AM

I’m glad someone agrees with me…. Thanks Professor…. I’m getting tired with arguing with (no other people willing to agree) with some guy over at FR that claims to have a special ‘in’ with the CIA-DIA guys that say that Osama is very much alive and operating as terror’s master planner.

Even if he isn’t a rotting corpse or disseminated molecules courtesy of American Ordinance…. Given the state of his kidneys even 5 years ago, unless he is the Guest of some government (France, Iran, Syria etc.) he probably would have succumbed to kidney failure by now. It is hard to get quality dialysis while running from cave to cave, safehouse to safehouse every few days.

LegendHasIt on June 30, 2006 at 6:10 PM

The only problem we have with believing Osama is dead is the fact that he could be alive somewhere. I don’t think so, but if the government announced they believe he’s dead, he could then pop up and the Dems could make hay out of it.

It would be so easy to find a recent newspaper wouldn’t it and take a little snapshot to verify his existence. There isn’t one, therefore, he’s dead. No proof, just preponderance of lack of evidence he’s alive.

ScottG on June 30, 2006 at 6:28 PM