Another #@&%ing letter: Somali jihadi writes to Bush

posted at 11:09 am on June 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

To tell him to get out of Iraq. Of course.

He’s been on the U.S. terror watchlist since 9/01 for having links to Al Qaeda. Naturally, the Beeb was keen to talk to him. And just as naturally, the guy can’t get two sentences out without proselytizing for Islam.

I met him in 2004 in his large, well-maintained family house set down a labyrinth of dirt tracks in a middle class Mogadishu suburb, over the road from the mosque where he preaches.

Sitting cross-legged on the floor, talking softly and calmly and often smiling through his red, henna-stained beard, the small, elderly man did not give the impression of being a terrorist mastermind…

Afterwards, he tried to convert me to Islam but I managed to avoid this by asking him to pray for me.

Since Aweys came to power a few weeks ago, his forces have broken a truce, ordered rapists stoned to death, and held true to classic Islamist irredentist form by accusing Ethiopia of occupying Somali land.

So there’s your next African bloodbath, in case you’re mapping this stuff.

And then there’s this:

henna.jpg

Some of the Hamas guys have it too:

henna2.jpg

I know someone knows the answer, so I’m just going to ask straight out: Why? What’s the significance? Is there something in the Koran about Mohammed having spilled carrot juice on himself?

Put me some knowledge here, people.

Update: Wikipedia says Muslims venerate a “red beard-hair” of Mohammed, so there you go.

Comments

Give him some credit. At least he’s more literate than Kos.

JammieWearingFool on June 29, 2006 at 11:20 AM

Most muslims are big fans of Carrot Top. They wish to emulate him, but don’t have enough hair on the top of their head, so…

Kevin M on June 29, 2006 at 11:29 AM

I was noticing the big gun on the floor in the mosque. I laugh everytime I hear “religion of peace.” I don’t recall the last time I took a gun to church.

StephC on June 29, 2006 at 11:51 AM

Has it gotten to the point that the secretary handles that?

Defector01 on June 29, 2006 at 12:12 PM

It’s Abu McDonald, you know, Ronalds brother.

Kim Hartveld on June 29, 2006 at 12:14 PM

This is my first post here, and it’s a terrible first post.

You ask about the red beard Allah?

Well. Some guys are in to that sort of thing.

danl on June 29, 2006 at 12:22 PM

Hmm, I had assumed it had something to do with this:

A doe in season (in heat) will indicate her interest in breeding by wagging her tail rapidly for the buck (“flagging”). Her urine contains chemicals which tell the buck that she is ready to breed. The buck will urinate upon his face, beard, and front legs. He will approach the flagging doe, she will squat and urinate, and he will place his nose in the urine stream.

B Moe on June 29, 2006 at 12:47 PM

Too much nympho

Iblis on June 29, 2006 at 12:50 PM

THANKS B MOE !!! (PBUH)
Mohammed – Piss Be Upon Him: its TRUE!
A doe in season (in heat) will indicate her interest in breeding by wagging her tail rapidly for the buck (”flagging”). Her urine contains chemicals which tell the buck that she is ready to breed. The buck will urinate upon his face, beard, and front legs. He will approach the flagging doe, she will squat and urinate, and he will place his nose in the urine stream.
Now all we need are some pics to back up this theory. Sanctuary and Allah? a little competition here?

shooter on June 29, 2006 at 1:11 PM

“Ordered rapists stoned to death?”

Well, there’s progress for you: Typically, under the “Religion of Peace!”(TM), it’s the woman who get that treatment.

There may be a ray of hope for these folks, after all.

Spurius Ligustinus on June 29, 2006 at 1:15 PM

So that’s why they cover up their women.

They catch sight of a woman and piss all over themselves.

Huh! Go figure.

Kini on June 29, 2006 at 1:24 PM

Are those big Dennis Rodman Fans????

havok on June 29, 2006 at 1:52 PM

And the winner of today’s oxymoron in reporting is
middle class Mogadishu suburb
What does that look like exactly? I read the part about sitting on the floor so does middle class in Somalia mean you have a roof and a floor?

LakeRuins on June 29, 2006 at 3:52 PM

The rapists must have been non-muslim U.N. rapists.

gary on June 29, 2006 at 5:56 PM

Spurious is right. I gotta give these guys a bit of credit for stoning the rapists, instead of the victims. Although maybe they know they can rely on the family of rape victims to maintain the family honor.

juliesa on June 29, 2006 at 8:13 PM