Political Ventriloquism

posted at 8:47 am on June 28, 2006 by Bryan

Nutroots’ candidate Ned Lamont
Lamont’s new campaign ad
Lieberman vs. Lamont
“Can Lieberman survive Iraq?”
MoveOn piles on Joe
The “screw them” party

Thanks to animator Joe Speranzella.

Download Vent for your iPod

Comments

Hah! Who said ‘screw them’ in this video? That was hilarious.

Kevin M on June 28, 2006 at 9:17 AM

Nicely done vent, Michelle.

But, correct me if I am wrong, and HOPEFULLY I AM WRONG, but I have the feeling that I have seen this before. This is not a re-vent, is it? Am I experiencing deja-vu one more time? Much of it seems very familiar.

The False Dervish on June 28, 2006 at 9:24 AM

Another great vent!

The Democratic Party is their own worst enemy. I would let the Kos Kidz have their way at it so that America will always have a clear understanding of who to vote for every election. Mentos? Maybe next time, they can sell some nuts!

TrueKatipunero on June 28, 2006 at 9:26 AM

But, this cannot be a re-vent. That would defeat the purpose of providing us with up to date info and topics. And why would Michelle, Bryan, Allahpundit, and Mark waste our time with reruns when there is the archives?

Michelle, I seek guidence….

The False Dervish on June 28, 2006 at 9:39 AM

I wonder if Ned Lamont has paid “consulting fees” (Blogola) to the partner of Kos, Unknown Jerome.

pjcomix on June 28, 2006 at 9:41 AM

Saw my first Ned Lamont bumpersticker last Friday on the way home from work. It was on a white Volvo station wagon and I admit to making all kinds of snap judgements about the person behind the wheel.

The Lamont ads on the radio are hilarious.

He promises to throw his support behind Lieberman if Lieberman wins, and asks for the same consideration in return. He does it all in a tone of voice that I guess was supposed to sound game or scrappy, but comes out as ‘pugnacious nerd.’

This should be fun. I really don’t care who wins.

lauraw on June 28, 2006 at 10:33 AM

The water at the end was great!!! *glug glug glu*

HAHA. Nice one Michelle.

Theworldisnotenough on June 28, 2006 at 10:51 AM

Lamont is the New Democrat!

Cute, white as colgate, song and dance, the New No-Grease homely boy, the pure White fantasy, almost like Happy Days Richie Cunningham running!

The revitalization of the Democratic Party has begun! Horray!

easy87us on June 28, 2006 at 11:03 AM

It would be lovely if they can include Cindy McKinney in Lamont’s commercial for some diversity…

nah…that would spoil the “white cute American”..look.

Viva Le Lamont Mento( for that clean spearmint taste that can kill girls on contact)!

easy87us on June 28, 2006 at 11:14 AM

I concur – the voice saying “screw them” was pretty damn funny. Wasn’t lispy enough though. :)

I loved Kos’ argument: oh, those mean Republicans just love to bring up stuff from the past, and they shouldn’t do that.

Naaaaw. Democrats NEVER do that, do they? (How old was Laura Bush when she was in that car accident they obsessed over? Wasn’t that like the 1950s and she was a teenager?)

I love hypocrisy. It tastes like liberal.

Professor Blather on June 28, 2006 at 11:23 AM

Now a not-so-politically-correct comment. I really don’t know how to put this, so I’ll just say it:

Don’t Democrats realize that IMAGE is important? Can’t they find ANY candidates that seem, well … manly? That have charisma? A chin? Shoulders? Why do they seem obsessed with finding these vaguely effeminate metrosexual 98-pound weakling types to run for office?

I really don’t get it. Remember JFK? Camelot? All that?

Now it’s the party of Dukakis and Mondale and Ned Lamont.

I guess my question is — don’t they have any MEN in their party?

Like I said, not politically correct. But curious. I’m just sayin’. Ned Lamont does not exactly inspire me with confidence. Why can’t liberals figure this out? Or is that they want leaders that remind them of themselves?

Professor Blather on June 28, 2006 at 11:27 AM

HA! Darth Rove was my favorite. I just checked out the video of Kos ‘clarifying’ the “screw them” comment. It’s funny that he says we haven’t changed out talking points in two years, considering the left hasn’t changed theirs in forty years.

Jezla on June 28, 2006 at 11:31 AM

It still gives me the creeps to see “Kos” peering in Lamont’s front window like some voyeuristic perv, then busting into the guy’s living room with his home invasion crew. Even the “Mentos” theme can’t quite overcome my instinctive reaction to reach for my .45.

Spurius Ligustinus on June 28, 2006 at 12:55 PM

I understand your instinct – but its massive overkill. I’d think reaching for a flyswatter would be more appropriate. Maybe a feather duster. Something like that. Alternatively, you could tell Kos that you just saw Barbara Streisand outside. That would get him and his crew out of your house in a flash. ;)

Professor Blather on June 28, 2006 at 12:57 PM

OK, Professor, I’ll put away the gun. BTW, I haven’t seen you commenting at Polipundit in a long time…

Spurius Ligustinus on June 28, 2006 at 2:01 PM

Liberal literacy rears its head again. How does pointing out that Lamont is Kos’ favorite candidate, and that Kos himself is a whackjob, and that Lamont’s ad is easily turned against him, constitute “endorsing Lieberman?” We could do all of that and still not weigh in on Lieberman at all. Which is what we did in this Vent, other than to note that Lieberman still stands by his vote to authorize the war and most Democrats don’t, preferring to pass themselves off as dupes of Karl Rove rather than adults who stand by their votes.

Yet Atrios et al are insisting that we’ve endorsed Lieberman today. Lamont’s own campaign blog apparently started that little lie. I edited this Vent (and supplied the extra voice acting), so I know pretty well what we did and didn’t do here–and we didn’t endorse anyone. We merely mocked Lamont and his association with Kos by turning their own tactics against them.

Nice candidate you got there, lefties. His campaign is not above the casual lie if they think it will earn them some points with the nutroots.

Bryan on June 28, 2006 at 3:06 PM

Bryan:

You know what Atrios et al are saying? And you care?
Kudos to you – that sort of extra work and initiative deserves a gold star or something. Personally I wouldn’t even know how to find those places.

And why are you expect liberals to be logically consistent? Do you have a fever or something?

For the record, I hereby endorse Ned Lamont! Sure he’s a nancy boy liberal moonbat, but he’s wonderfully entertaining. I could watch his commercials endlessly. Let’s get him on the ticket in ’08, Dems!

Professor Blather on June 28, 2006 at 5:28 PM

Spurious:

Gave up on Polipundit during Harriet Miers; went back and gave up during the Dubai Ports deal; gave up for good after the recent implosion over immigration.

No offense if you still hang out there, but that place is everything wrong with conservatism. It is the exact opposite of this blog, in my (not so) humble opinion.

Haven’t been back in a long time. Not really interested in a blogger who forces agreement from everyone. I can go to DU for that.

Ned Lamont in ’08 – because we need more Kos in our lives!

Professor Blather on June 28, 2006 at 5:30 PM

Professor: I bailed out from Polipundit (at least from commenting under former moniker Gaius Livius) during the immigration tussle as well. Still look it over every now and then, but it’s not what it used to be after they gave Lorie and DJ the boot.

Anyway, pleasure to make your acquaintance again.

Spurius Ligustinus on June 28, 2006 at 6:42 PM

Kos sounds like he should be telling me today’s specials, not who to vote for.

Jim Treacher on June 28, 2006 at 6:42 PM

Jim, I think those are one and the same. Seen Paul Hackett lately?

Pablo on June 28, 2006 at 6:59 PM

Actually I don’t much care what Atrios et al think. I just like pointing out when the so-called reality based community is peddling fantasies. Which, come to think of it, is pretty much all the time.

Bryan on June 28, 2006 at 7:32 PM

Not to exploit Michelle’s generosity, but I’d like to make sure that Professor Blather, Spurious, and any other former fans of Polipundit know that Lori and Alex have found a new home with us over at Wizbang, and even have their own sub-page, Wizbang Politics. Lori splits her time between there and the main page, and it’s been great having her with us. Poli’s loss was indisputably our gain.

J.

JayTea on June 28, 2006 at 7:57 PM

I’d like to comment on some comments-

The False Dervish- revent? I think it was completely relevant to “current” events. I also liked it for the most obvious reasons…;) Thanks Michelle, Allahpundit, and Bryan.

JayTea- I’m on the Wizbang Bomb Squad. It’s a pretty mixed bag over there. That’s what makes it interesting.

Allah- I saw the Mentos parody a while back and I’m still amazed at the synchronization thing…It’s kinda like Pink Floyd and the Wizard Oz synch (with cheesier subjects of course).

Professor Blather-I agree the “screw them” wasn’t lispy enough but funny none the less.

Joe on June 28, 2006 at 10:19 PM

Sorry. I’m a Texan. Lisps do not come easily to me. I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way.

Bryan on June 28, 2006 at 11:04 PM

Spurius – Same to you, my Greek (or is it Latin? Educate me!) loving friend.

Bryan – I just watched it again and listened closed. Upon further review, I’ve decided that in those two words, you sound exactly like a man imitating Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer channeling a mildly gay and wildly fabulous Clint Eastwood.

That’s some talent!